#1 2007-10-27 18:46:29

This is a prime example of why I don’t patronize black or mestizo lawyers, doctors, accountants or other minority “professionals” who were beneficiaries of affirmative action.

#2 2007-10-27 19:09:13

People used to ask my wife when she started working here if: She knew the Queen - knew the Beatles - If Scotland had electricity.  This was what passed for sophisticated conversation in the office in Westwood, L.A. 

Her answers:  I had tea with the Queen on most Saturdays - the Beatles were her neighbors - No, we don't have electricity, and we still paint/tattoo our bodies blue and fight the Romans.   

'Really?' they asked...   'Yes, really' she replied.

#3 2007-10-27 19:54:28

A lot of 'mericans don't know shit about the next town over, either - college is supposed to fix that by rewarding you for being curious, but that seems to have stopped somewhere in the mid 80's . 

This is a great example of what happens when people confuse "going to college" with "playing college football." At the big football schools, most football players really don't do much course work - they are physically worked like mules and in their free time get rewarded by as much pussy, booze, and general grift as they can handle.  I taught at one of the U's where the coach supposedly had high academic expectations of his players: the few players I encountered who wanted to learn were at a tremendous disadvantage due to constraints on their time & energy & despite heavy support from tutors.

I'm surprised the guy had the grace to admit his ignorance & maybe learn something.

#4 2007-10-27 20:32:37

DoucheEllington wrote:

seems to have stopped somewhere in the mid 80's.

If it has ever actually existed.

#5 2007-10-27 22:08:42

fnord wrote:

This is a prime example of why I don’t patronize black or mestizo lawyers, doctors, accountants or other minority “professionals” who were beneficiaries of affirmative action.

Harrumph. This is a skin-colour neutral - its Merkins in general. As related by a friend when I was in beautiful, in-bred Eugene, Oregon (a place where even the Indians shunned, only going there to bury their dead, and half the local women weigh 400 pounds and have beards), 25% of its residents didn't know Canada was north.

But my all time piece of Merkin idiocy is this -

Twelve percent believe Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.

You do not know, you don't even have an inkling, how this deliberate, self-actuated stupidity in the last of the superpowers horrifies the outside world. You're letting the American Taliban take over. And guess what creeps, you'll be pretty close to faggots on the eradication list.

Felch

#6 2007-10-27 22:48:18

fnord wrote:

You have proven your point well fnord! It's a well know fact that most black lawyere, doctors and accountants don't know that people in England speak English.  This article has nothing to do with the fact that football scholarships give us morons with degrees regardless of ethnicity.

So, I guess you plaid football in college, huh?

#7 2007-10-27 22:53:27

felch wrote:

You do not know, you don't even have an inkling, how this deliberate, self-actuated stupidity in the last of the superpowers horrifies the outside world.

I’ve spent a great deal of time in Europe and have many friends and relatives over there.  I’m well aware of how horrified they are.

felch wrote:

You're letting the American Taliban take over.

You can’t pin that one on me.  I don’t vote for Republicans because I realized a long time ago how dangerous the Republican Party is.

#8 2007-10-27 22:58:37

zookeeper wrote:

You have proven your point well fnord! It's a well know fact that most black lawyere, doctors and accountants don't know that people in England speak English.

You miss the point with your deliberate attempt at misdirection.  The point being that affirmative action beneficiaries lack basic competence.

Zookeeper wrote:

So, I guess you plaid football in college, huh?

Not at all.  My parents were able to pay my tuition; “plaid” football wasn’t necessary.

Last edited by fnord (2007-10-27 23:06:08)

#9 2007-10-27 23:38:02

[Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher] 's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name.

I just spent a week in London.  Sure, they speak some kind of primitive patois that has a lot of English words in it, so you can *almost* understand what they're saying, but I wouldn't exactly call it the king's English.  Those blimey blokes could use a bit of schooling.

That said, I'm pretty sure London Fletcher *did* in fact come from very near London, in Perry Kent of the Fields or something like that.

#10 2007-10-27 23:51:19

fnord wrote:

zookeeper wrote:

You have proven your point well fnord! It's a well know fact that most black lawyere, doctors and accountants don't know that people in England speak English.

You miss the point with your deliberate attempt at misdirection.  The point being that affirmative action beneficiaries lack basic competence.

Yours is the misdirection here Fnord.  Affirmative action has nothing to do with a football scholarship for an idiot.  College football does.

#11 2007-10-27 23:54:31

Hey sissy.

#12 2007-10-27 23:58:38

fnord wrote:

I’ve spent a great deal of time in Europe and have many friends and relatives over there.  I’m well aware of how horrified they are.

Fnord, when Europeans look at you with horrified looks on their faces it isn't because they are horrified by Americans in general...

#13 2007-10-27 23:59:57

fnord wrote:

You can’t pin that one on me.  I don’t vote for Republicans because I realized a long time ago how dangerous the Republican Party is.

Yeah, I can see how a Republican freeing the slaves would stick in your craw...

#14 2007-10-28 00:16:37

Zookeeper wrote:

fnord wrote:

Yeah, I can see how a Republican freeing the slaves would stick in your craw...

Oof.

#15 2007-10-28 00:28:47

fnord wrote:

He's a fucking athlete.  They're not know for their intellectual prowess, white, black or otherwise.  The best childrens' neurosurgeon on Johns Hopkins is a black man.

#16 2007-10-28 00:35:53

opsec wrote:

Yours is the misdirection here Fnord.  Affirmative action has nothing to do with a football scholarship for an idiot.  College football does.

I forgot to mention that in my post. Affirmative action is totally separate from ahtletic scholarships.  Call the local college/university in your area and ask them.  The athletes are only recruited for their athletic ability.  My husband (who is white, yes, I'll make an admission here) got into college on a hockey scholarship.  He would not have otherwise qualified.  Now, moving forward, he gave up hockey and took advantage of the academics and graduated with a 3.8 in his major, but he didn't come to college any more qualified than any minority.  My point: athletics trump affirmatve action.  A dumb white boy will get into college with the same frequency as a dumb negro if they have athletic talent.

PS --Remember John Rocker?  Not exactly doing the white race proud, was he.

Board footer

cruelery.com