#1 2008-10-30 20:40:16

I am now the coolest kid on High Street, check out my coolness

All of you losers with your mouses....I fart in your general direction.

#2 2008-10-30 20:43:08

Damnit woman, use your own login.

#3 2008-10-30 20:56:47

HAH!
You've unmasked yourself, Melons, by farting twice in the same direction in one day! Cool toy though, if you actually have it.

#4 2008-10-30 21:02:36

No, Melons got a 150cc Scooter, Emmeran got TouchSmart.

She had to pay for hers, I got mine for being the IT decision maker at work.  I like it, mouse no more makes much more sense to the human mind, I actually find myself trying to touch the screen when I go back to my 2010 laptop.

But yes, Melons is the individual responsible for kicking my ass out of bed in the morning - but don't let that stop you guys from anything.

#5 2008-10-30 21:02:36

Yeah, so Melons is Emmeran's woman?  And btw, there are no cool kids here at high street.

#6 2008-10-30 21:42:12

Yeah that's really what I want: a desktop display that's constantly smeary with fingerprints.

#7 2008-10-30 21:45:48

Fingermarks on my screen drive me to screeching madness.

I am serious.  I keep a static-free cloth at my workstation both at work and at home.  When co-workers try to point at stuff on my screen I smack their hands.

The idea of a screen you have to poke with your fingers makes me shudder uncontrollably.

Go ahead and call me a Luddite.  When these things become mainstream, the rest of you can squint at your screens through the sebum deposits and pass your influenza and other infectious diseases back and forth until you all die.

#8 2008-10-30 21:54:22

Wouldn't work for me....I can't reach the screen when my legs are up on the desk.

#9 2008-10-30 21:57:11

ahh the laments of the uninitiated

#10 2008-10-30 23:57:39

HP really needs to stop using that Nightmare Before Christmas font.

#11 2008-10-31 01:12:08

Emmeran wrote:

She had to pay for hers, I got mine for being the IT decision maker at work.  I like it, mouse no more makes much more sense to the human mind, I actually find myself trying to touch the screen when I go back to my 2010 laptop.

But yes, Melons is the individual responsible for kicking my ass out of bed in the morning - but don't let that stop you guys from anything.

Emmeran, you blew our cover! Waste of some damn tasty cum...

#12 2008-10-31 01:19:01

Anything that makes me lift my hands from the keyboard is to slow to bother with.

#13 2008-10-31 01:51:01

Yeah, these things hold no appeal for me either.  I'd imagine that your arm would be quite sore after an hour of web browsing (Or, ten minutes of playing Guild Wars).

#14 2008-10-31 02:19:25

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Yeah that's really what I want: a desktop display that's constantly smeary with fingerprints.

I'd probably have the thing an inch deep in Pizza Slut grease and Cheeto dust within a week.  Don't even think about having to shut it down after finishing a sesh with the Bulgarian chatmodels...

#15 2008-10-31 02:34:58

whiskytangofoxtrot wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I'd probably have the thing an inch deep in Pizza Slut grease and Cheeto dust within a week.  Don't even think about having to shut it down after finishing a sesh with the Bulgarian chatmodels...

On the other hand, I could see a setup similar to a Nintendo DS, where the touch part doesn't replace the main display, but you have a display that you use as an input device as well.  If you kept the touchpad flush with the top of the device so that there aren't any inset edges you could easily wipe it clean when you needed to without getting mung stuck in the cracks.

#16 2008-10-31 02:41:15

tojo2000 wrote:

whiskytangofoxtrot wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

On the other hand, I could see a setup similar to a Nintendo DS, where the touch part doesn't replace the main display, but you have a display that you use as an input device as well.  If you kept the touchpad flush with the top of the device so that there aren't any inset edges you could easily wipe it clean when you needed to without getting mung stuck in the cracks.

The way DS does Guitar Hero is pure genius!!!! 

Thank god I only tried that game once, when I was really fucked up, or I'd be playing right now. I stick to my old-skool games on the DS. Pac Man, Final Fantasy, Mario cart, etc.

#17 2008-10-31 02:42:19

melons wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Emmeran, you blew our cover! Waste of some damn tasty cum...

You should punish him by showing all of us your namesake....

It is only fair, afterall....

#18 2008-10-31 08:34:57

pALEPHx wrote:

HP really needs to stop using that Nightmare Before Christmas font.

Reminds me of the font on Harry Potter books.  It is annoying.

#19 2008-10-31 08:54:53

I am glad to see that the computer makers have taken a page from the automobile advertisers. Sell me a product by showing a bunch of cool stuff that it can't actually do, overlay it all with a cool soundtrack and finish with a very dark, mostly hidden product reveal.

Board footer

cruelery.com