#1 2009-01-20 01:00:05

http://www.karmafarms.com/images/Twisty/Toad_up_profile_sm.jpg

Att: Cates

Last edited by choad (2009-01-20 01:00:50)

#2 2009-01-20 01:11:25

Is this not a perfect Cat Recipe?

#3 2009-01-20 01:11:57

They breed them?  Idiots.

#4 2009-01-20 01:27:47

They tried to breed them, back in the late 90's.  The blowback was so bad that for years it was hard to find any information on the twisty cats for a long time, and even Karma farms' site was offline for a while.  I remember specifically looking for it because I wanted to distribute it on Cruel.

Back in the 90's they actually thought Twisties were a great idea and were taking them on talk shows trying to sell the idea that they were great indoor cats because they wouldn't scratch the furniture.  Naturally most of the world was horrified rather than delighted, and their dreams of retiring on a desert island off the fruits of their flipper baby empire were dashed.

#5 2009-01-20 04:21:35

How could anyone think deliberately producing handicapped cats is a good idea?  While these cats appear to be sweet individuals, they obviously have hurdles to deal with in their lives.  I’m not so sure about some of the other mutant breeds that are out there.  Cats use their tails and ears to express themselves, so I think Manx and Scottish Fold cats must be at a disadvantage when speaking to other cats.  Sphinx cats are just ugly.  They’re an exception to the rule that there are no ugly cats but that some are prettier than others.  I imagine a normal cat’s first impression of a Sphinx kitten is that it’s a rat that might be fun to play with and kill.

#6 2009-01-20 13:38:40

fnord wrote:

How could anyone think deliberately producing handicapped cats is a good idea?

http://a.imagehost.org/0556/puppy.jpg

#7 2009-01-20 13:47:00

My favorite cat is the Munchkin.  I want another one.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/myheritage/munchkin4.jpg

#8 2009-01-20 14:06:11

Odd how the 1850's Bulldog looks much like the modern Boxer.

I'll stick with my mutts though if given the choice; usually much smarter and nicer disposition.

#9 2009-01-20 14:16:59

Ragdolls are deliberately bred to resemble children with Down's Syndrome.  Their hypersocial and relatively trusting nature, combined with absolute stupidity, make for a cat that should never leave the house, and usually doesn't want to.  I have a "rescue" ragdoll who cannot figure out how to get unstuck when he walks into a space that has an aperture slightly smaller than he is -- he doesn't just turn around and walk out the way he came in, he frequently hurls his 20+lbs at whatever is in his way, or tries (without success) to jump over it.  He also has not learned not to step in his own shit as he exits his 40 gallon catbox.  I think the other cats laugh at him.  I know I do, when I'm not cleaning up mammoth paw-prints of cat shit.

Board footer

cruelery.com