#1 2007-10-31 15:06:09

Now that we've all seen Daniel Radcliffe's googly bits, and Ms. Rowling has outed a dead, fictional character, you might think there's nothing more in the Harry Pottery Barn to smash and deride. You'd be wrong.

An American lottery winner who follows the Wiccan religion has decided to use part of his $49million winnings to set up his very own school of witchcraft and wizardry.

Elwood 'Bunky' Bartlett, an accountant from Nottingham in Maryland and high priest of Wicca, attributed his win earlier this month to Wicca, and specifically to the Mystickal Voyage new age shop.

He claimed that he had made bargains with the many, many gods of Wicca in return for his win. 'You let me win the lottery and I'll teach,' is the deal he is said to have struck. (source)

I couldn't have cast a spell for a more perfect name, but if I knew all it took to win the lottery was some incense, whalesong, and a Greatful Dead knock-off tee, I would've bought up the whole store.

#2 2007-10-31 15:38:40

kim

If I ever squeeze one out - I'm sending him/her/it to that school. Forcibly.

#3 2007-10-31 15:48:23

I just love the idea that out there, someplace, High Priest Bunky is leading religious services.

#4 2007-10-31 15:49:06

Lay off Bunky, he's a bit odd but he's OK.

#5 2007-10-31 16:07:18

Taint wrote:

I just love the idea that out there, someplace, High Priest Bunky is leading religious services.

High Priest Elwood would be worse.

#6 2007-10-31 16:22:24

OMG.  This guy was ALL over the news.  His "Wiccan" school is very close to where I live...

If I happen to be in the neighborhood, I'll take pics.

What's funny is how Bunky whores himself out all over local commercials as the 'lottery winner' in order to advertise his richness and wiccan outlet. 

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't think it prudent to advertise your name, location of work, and the fact that you won a huge dump of money in the lottery, on local and national tv.  There are reasons lottery winners don't go public often.

Or, maybe Bunky just has no friends or family...

#7 2007-10-31 16:23:14

Oh, BTW, Nottingham is just some yuppie name for White Marsh (15 min north of Baltimore City). 

Or as the racists 'round these heyah parts call it, "Black Marsh".

#8 2007-10-31 16:24:44

I'll defend Bunky to his last million dollars.

#9 2007-10-31 16:25:17

Hey Ops,

Up for a road trip??

#10 2007-10-31 16:26:43

I couldn't resist:

#11 2007-10-31 16:31:19

Roger_That wrote:

Hey Ops,

Up for a road trip??

Actually that might be kind of cool.  I think his shop is in Dundalk. I'll grab the vidcam... maybe we can pick up some interesting footage.

HEY CHOAD - Your staff requests T-Shirts.  We want to look official!

#12 2007-10-31 16:32:53

My schedule is very heavy until about Monday next week.  But I'm game.

I have my little canon elph...it does video as well. 

TSHIRTS CHOAD TSHIRTS!

High-Street's Roving Reporters... on the scene from Bunky Bartlett's World of Wicca!

#13 2007-10-31 13:34:57

He's in White Marsh.

http://www.mystickalvoyage.com

#14 2007-10-31 16:40:24

kim

You know, when you hear the name "Bunky" and you read about Wizards and a magic school as well as just KNOW that the only people who actually do win the lottery are assholes anyway - seeing his picture ... just wraps it all up.

#15 2007-10-31 16:50:05

I'll have to make the trip up 95 if you don't get there soon!

#16 2007-10-31 10:50:14

Roger_That wrote:

I couldn't resist:

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/COVER/070902/070902_wicca_vmed_9p.widec.jpg

Peter Griffin won the lottery?

#18 2007-10-31 22:22:25

The dead have risen!

#19 2007-10-31 22:31:54

I have a four color t-shirt press...

#20 2007-10-31 22:32:24

tojo2000 wrote:

The dead have risen!

Why, oh why does the universe continually conspire to make me look foolish? 

I'm sorry RT, but in the interest of my own self-image and against all reason  I simply have to place the blame squarely in your lap.  If it starts vibrating, all the better.

#21 2007-10-31 22:40:11

opsec wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

The dead have risen!

Lord knows I love straight lines but this is too easy.

#22 2007-10-31 22:51:12

choad wrote:

opsec wrote:

Lord knows I love straight lines but this is too easy.

I know, strange isn't it...  about the closest I can come to an apology is to invite abuse.

#23 2007-11-01 00:46:24

With accompanying image from Harry Potter of course - Yeah, great way to insult an entire religion, Ass-Holes.

#24 2007-11-01 01:08:21

Peace Dec.  Gardner will be eaten before the Abrahamists, Scientologists, and stupid bovine afflicted Hindus, but he will not be eaten first.

I Thou shalt shamble.
II Except thou shamble, thou shalt not enter the sunken kingdom.
III Shamble ye the good shamble lest thine angles beneath thee become
exceeding slippery and thou land upon thine ass.
IV He that shambleth not may yet perchance to shuffle, and much the
same result is like to be obtained. Provided thou shuffle when Saturn
be in trine.
V Thou shalt gibber.
VI He that gibbers must also shamble or at least shuffle.
VII Thou shalt wear naught but black T-shirts... but then I see youÕve
taken care of that one already!
VIII Thou shalt not try to pronounce my name as ÒCloolooÓ among unbelievers
and so make my name a laughingstock among the nations.
IX Thou shalt not make reference to ÒThe Caller of the BlackÓ and ÒThe
Inhabitant of the LakeÓ as the Òearly workÓ of Lumley and Campbell.
X Neither shalt thou make unto thyself any Derlethian pastiche.

#25 2007-11-01 01:51:18

scsotdc wrote:

Peter Griffin won the lottery?

Not quite. Muah-ha-hah...

http://www.xmere.com/forums/uploads/highstreet/bunky_the_hutt.jpg
All ur monies are belong to Bunky teh Hutt!

#26 2007-11-01 08:06:56

opsec wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

The dead have risen!

I'm sorry RT, but in the interest of my own self-image and against all reason  I simply have to place the blame squarely in your lap.  If it starts vibrating, all the better.

Jesus H Christ on a stick.  I didn't do shit.  WTF?  I'm honestly raged.  I have had massive family issues going on and have not had the time, nor the desire to even fuck around here much during the day much less at night.  I think I managed one post last night.

I came on here LOOKING for this thread, so that I could post that video.  Hell, I was willing to make a trip here.  You people didn't look.  It was back on the 2nd or 3rd page of the boards, no one had posted a reply so it dropped back.  Seriously.  If I am going to get blamed for removing a thread that I ACTUALLY LIKED AND CONTRIBUTED TO...I quit.

I will be the first to take my blame when I am at fault.  I haven't done shit as an admin here in the past few weeks.  The last antics I particpated in was the word replacement fun. Shit, I haven't even banned any spammers.

Raged,

RT.

#28 2007-11-01 14:50:42

Roger_That wrote:

opsec wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

The dead have risen!

Jesus H Christ on a stick.  I didn't do shit.  WTF?  I'm honestly raged.  I have had massive family issues going on and have not had the time, nor the desire to even fuck around here much during the day much less at night.  I think I managed one post last night.

I came on here LOOKING for this thread, so that I could post that video.  Hell, I was willing to make a trip here.  You people didn't look.  It was back on the 2nd or 3rd page of the boards, no one had posted a reply so it dropped back.  Seriously.  If I am going to get blamed for removing a thread that I ACTUALLY LIKED AND CONTRIBUTED TO...I quit.

I will be the first to take my blame when I am at fault.  I haven't done shit as an admin here in the past few weeks.  The last antics I particpated in was the word replacement fun. Shit, I haven't even banned any spammers.

Raged,

RT.

Where to start? 

First off, please reread my comment,  I though the use of  in the interest of my own self-image and against all reason would clue you into the fact I was kidding.

Secondly, while I realize it was unintentional, yes it was your fault.  Editing from a redirected domain has been discussed, why we can't and why there's a good reason we can't.  I've asked Choad to disable the redirect so it won't happen again.

Thirdly, while I consider the current domain name innocuous enough, if there's a problem with it we will choose another domain name, no biggie. The redirect from GL was not meant to mask the domain, it was simply a quick and dirty way to access the board before DNS changes were replicated thoughout the domain name servers.

Fourthly, this is not the appropriate forum for discussing this.

#29 2007-11-01 14:56:46

opsec wrote:

Where to start? 

First off, please reread my comment,  I though the use of  in the interest of my own self-image and against all reason would clue you into the fact I was kidding.

Secondly, while I realize it was unintentional, yes it was your fault.  Editing from a redirected domain has been discussed, why we can't and why there's a good reason we can't.  I've asked Choad to disable the redirect so it won't happen again.

Thirdly, while I consider the current domain name innocuous enough, if there's a problem with it we will choose another domain name, no biggie. The redirect from GL was not meant to mask the domain, it was simply a quick and dirty way to access the board before DNS changes were replicated thoughout the domain name servers.

Fourthly, this is not the appropriate forum for discussing this.

FYI, I wasn't raged at you.  It was a bunch of factors all at once.  Yeah, I didn't realize you were kidding.  Also, I hadn't at that time realized that I did, in fact, accidentally fuck it up.

There are some massive things going on on the homefront, they are stressing me out.  I get re-active when that happens.

Sorry.  Rest will go offline.

#30 2007-11-01 14:58:32

Oh and Ops you forgot:

Fifthly:

#31 2007-11-01 14:59:15

GODDAMNNITHIWEUIRUI

sob.  Even my images don't work.

wahh.

#32 2007-11-01 17:38:50

Did you mean to search for...?http://www.shopfamilyfun.com/catalog/images/26988_lg.gif

Will you two get a room? If anyone could have kvetched when the topic took a siesta, it was me, and I didn't. I actually figured it was a nifty idea to go on a video interview, and the thread was being temporarily hidden so the "subject" wouldn't see what it was for. Just kiss and make up.

It's scary when Daddy and Daddy fight.

#33 2007-11-01 18:23:09

Will you two get a room? ... kiss and make up.

Leers at RT.  I'd better behave, she knows where I live.

It's scary when Daddy and Daddy fight.

Heheh.

Board footer

cruelery.com