• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » if only people knew how boring Folsom St. really is.....

#1 2007-10-06 19:29:21

Last edited by Lurker (2007-10-06 19:30:20)

#2 2007-10-06 19:40:02

"Dick overload," indeed. Dang, they sure know how to ruin a good debauch for everybody. I can pretty much vouch for hating anyone who shows up with their friends, all sporting ridiculous Jackie-O-Rockstar shades not only to hide how stoned they are, but to supposedly keep others from knowing what they're looking at.

#3 2007-10-06 19:43:39

That's why I stopped going a few years ago.  When I saw a couple in their newly purchased fetish gear, pushing a baby stroller.....that was it for me.

#4 2007-10-06 19:43:54

This is the problem with any alternative scene; once word gets out the hordes of lookie-loos ruin it for the participants.

#5 2007-10-06 19:47:06

Folsom is full of breeders from the 'burbs looking for some shock and titillation. It's only boring as far that goes: the most difficult thing for me is the sheer volume of people. The crowds scare the hell out of me and I spend my time there standing at the sidelines. Most of my Folsom activities, other than a couple of hours people watching at the fair itself, are the parties that accompany the event. I went to a fun S/M play party the night before, a cocktail party, a pre-party brunch hosted by a drag queen (quel surprise) and a good old-fashioned fuck party on Friday. And I saw several buddies I don't get to see too often and picked up a few phone numbers.

All in all, an enjoyable weekend.

Sorry it was so dull for you, Lurker.

#6 2007-10-06 21:17:43

Like I said, I don't usually go, but I did make the trek down there to see one of my favorite bands, Imperial Teen.  They were a lot of fun.  I did a bit of people watching, I still get a kick out of those "straight" boys that are clinging for dear life to their girlfriends. Ran into a few friends from the club days...kinda scary how people age...they were probably thinking the same about me.  Like you, the sheer number of people is just too much.  I REALLY don't like the prospect of rubbing against someone that just had a golden shower.....

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » if only people knew how boring Folsom St. really is.....

Board footer

cruelery.com