• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Robin Williams survives surgery, proves there is no God

#2 2009-03-23 23:56:38

Robin Williams is second only to Carrot Top on my list of most annoying comedians...........

#3 2009-03-24 02:41:30

I have to disagree with you both.  Robin Williams is funny...as long as he's on cocaine.

#4 2009-03-24 02:47:31

His stand-up is still pretty good, but his movies are cancer.

#5 2009-03-24 03:45:12

I never found "manic" to be funny, just tiresome, so Robin Williams never amused me at all. I've always suspected that there is some hidden eccentricity or perversity in Williams' private life, some element that could derail his cutesy image if it leaked out. Not a John Wayne Gacy perversity, maybe just a Liberace or Pee Wee Herman twist.  Hopefully any dark secret will come out so we can see the irritating jester hide/cry in shame, giving us a wonderful, cathartic enjoyment after all.

The politically correct goody-two-shoes/grovel-before-icy-women character---the emasculated metrosexual---Williams projects in his movies is SUCH a fraud. No one's like that in real life! On the other hand, the few times he's played vile characters seemed WAY too believable; I could almost picture a Gacy hiding in him, an evil and conniving clown.

P.S. Carrot Top IS the worst. Ginger is poisonous! (Just kidding, orange people!)

Last edited by scarydog (2009-03-24 04:00:17)

#6 2009-03-24 04:02:19

scarydog wrote:

I never found "manic" to be funny, just tiresome, so Robin Williams never amused me at all. I've always suspected that there is some hidden eccentricity or perversity in Williams' private life, some element that could derail his cutesy image if it leaked out. Not a John Wayne Gacy perversity, maybe just a Liberace or Pee Wee Herman twist.  Hopefully any dark secret will come out so we can see the irritating jester hide/cry in shame, giving us a wonderful, cathartic enjoyment after all.

The politically correct goody-two-shoes/grovel-before-icy-women character---the emasculated metrosexual---Williams projects in his movies is SUCH a fraud. No one's like that in real life! On the other hand, the few times he's played vile characters seemed WAY too believable; I could almost picture a Gacy hiding in him, an evil and conniving clown.

P.S. Carrot Top IS the worst. Ginger is poisonous! (Just kidding, orange people!)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it.  You're too good for Williams.  Just don't forget to lift your pinky as you lift your glass or you'll be out on the street, too.

#7 2009-03-24 05:10:44

Speaking of awful comedians, how about that Emo Philips?

#8 2009-03-24 09:25:11

Back in the '80s (Sit up on Grandpas knee kids...) he was pretty funny. It's when he started becoming "Robin Williams does Robin Williams" that he lost the acid trippyness of the whole act.

And I gotta respect Carrottop. Who else could go from Gallagher-like heights of Comedy Central afternoon specials to the gutter-lows of doing AT&T commercials and then bust back onto the scene like some acne scarred steroid pumped Messiah? Most other C-list actors or comedians would be working the Topeka circuit clinging bitterly to faded glory.

#9 2009-03-24 13:49:19

Robin Williams was most believable and closest, I think, to his real self as that psychopath in the movie where he worked in a fotomat (a terrible movie, by the way). He's creepy and deeply disturbed, as are most comedians in their hearts. (that's why they're so funny sometimes, to keep people from noticing)

#10 2009-03-24 15:14:53

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Robin Williams was most believable and closest, I think, to his real self as that psychopath in the movie where he worked in a fotomat (a terrible movie, by the way). He's creepy and deeply disturbed, as are most comedians in their hearts. (that's why they're so funny sometimes, to keep people from noticing)

I actually liked Snapshot.  It was OK, and it came out at a time when there was NOTHING worth watching in the theaters, which helped.

I don't own it, or even have a pirate copy, but I saw it in the theater and felt I'd gotten my money's worth.  Of course, Manhunter did the whole crazy-photo-guy thing a whole lot better, but that's neither here nor there.

The only other movie he's ever done that's worth a damn is Toys.

#11 2009-03-24 15:20:13

Which movie was it where he had that nice steampunk laptop and docking station.   The movie was okay, but I just wanted his computer.

#12 2009-03-24 16:19:11

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Speaking of awful comedians, how about that Emo Philips?

Or Judy Tenuta.  Talk about a fucking annoying bitch.

#13 2009-03-24 17:07:22

At least he plays D&D and 40K.  I don’t find him that funny either, but Jim Carey and Adam Sandler are more annoying.

#14 2009-03-24 17:14:58

Speaking of Adam Sandlier.  I was coerced into watching "50 first dates" by My sister once.  It featured My two least favorite "actors": Sandler and Barrymore.  It's frightening how perfect for each other they are, in a "we both have to wear bicycle helmets when not riding bicycles" kind of way.

Plus, Drew Barrymore is NOT attractive.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-03-24 17:17:15)

#15 2009-03-24 18:41:06

I won't argue about Adam Sandler being annoying...  In all of his movies but Punch Drunk Love he was typecast as a moron.  I do admit I liked Punch Drunk Love, but I think it would have been a hell of a lot better movie if they would have replaced Sandler with a real actor...

#16 2009-03-24 20:40:13

jesusluvspegging wrote:

icangetyouatoe wrote:

I actually liked Snapshot.  It was OK, and it came out at a time when there was NOTHING worth watching in the theaters, which helped.

I don't own it, or even have a pirate copy, but I saw it in the theater and felt I'd gotten my money's worth.  Of course, Manhunter did the whole crazy-photo-guy thing a whole lot better, but that's neither here nor there.

The only other movie he's ever done that's worth a damn is Toys.

Manhunter is one of my all time favorite movies.

#17 2009-03-24 20:51:59

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Manhunter is one of my all time favorite movies.

I love that long slow build to the crashing-through-the-window scene at the end.

It's forever changed the way I listen to Ina-gadda-da-vida.

#18 2009-03-25 05:04:18

tojo2000 wrote:

scarydog wrote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it.  You're too good for Williams.  Just don't forget to lift your pinky as you lift your glass or you'll be out on the street, too.

You have to admit, either metrosexuality or ginger, in high doses, cause Videodrome tumors, especially in the presence of cathode ray tubes. Long live the New Flesh!

Last edited by scarydog (2009-03-25 05:14:05)

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Robin Williams survives surgery, proves there is no God

Board footer

cruelery.com