#1 2009-04-17 21:12:33

You're gonna have company!

"Turning Canadian, I think I'm turning Canadian - I really think so!"

#2 2009-04-17 21:22:51

I feel like I just got butt-raped by Winnipeg. Then ever so gently kissed on the cheek.

#3 2009-04-17 21:46:03

The only thing I want out of Canada are more Tim Horton's.

#4 2009-04-20 11:11:49

Let's see:
1) More taxes
2) Socialized medicine and employment
3) Draconian gun laws
4) Fear of our Southern neighbors
5) Declining currency
6) Bad climate, getting worse

I think that we are all waking up Canadian.

#5 2009-04-20 12:56:45

GooberMcNutly wrote:

3) Draconian gun laws

I'm too lazy to Google it at the moment*; But, if I'm not miss-taken, that only applies to hand-guns in Canada.  According to "Bowling For Columbine," most every-body in Canada owns a rifle.  And, Wilbur (Where-Ever he's "gotten off to") has a number of them.

Speaking of "Bowling For Columbine," why do people refer to as an "Anti-Fire-Arm" movie?  I didn't get that impression at all from the movie.

*All-Right, may-be I'm not too lazy.

RESTRICTED FIREARMS

Restricted firearms are:
          o handguns which are not prohibited, including the competition handguns listed here
          o semi-automatic centerfire firearms with a barrel length less than 470mm (18.5 inches) which are not prohibited
          o firearms, which can be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660mm (26 inches) by folding/telescoping/etc., which are not prohibited
          o any of a list of firearms specifically listed as restricted. The most notable entries are the AR-15 and variants, which stand out as being military-appearance firearms which are not prohibited, and a list of competition handguns which are exempted from being prohibited in spite of their characteristics. A list can be found here.

NON-RESTRICTED FIREARMS

Non-restricted firearms are:
          o shotguns and rifles which are not restricted or prohibited
          o the M1 Garand and Lee Enfield rifles, which otherwise would be prohibited due to their large capacity clip or magazine.
          o some military-appearance firearms (including some similar to the AR-15) which the bureaucrats haven't found out about yet

Note that there is no such thing as a "non-restricted handgun." ALL handguns are either restricted or prohibited . . .
In general, unless you have an Authorization to Carry, the only legal uses for restricted or prohibited firearms (including all handguns) are for collection purposes and recreational/competition target shooting. With the exception of grandfathered 12(6) and 12(7) handguns, target shooting is generally not allowed for prohibited firearms either

#6 2009-04-20 15:19:19

According to "Bowling For Columbine," most every-body in Canada owns a rifle.  And, Wilbur (Where-Ever he's "gotten off to") has a number of them.

Today's the sixth anniversary, I believe. 

Those Canadians are crazy.  They have a problem with guns designed to shoot people.  Weird. 

And their health care system!  What a travesty.  They all like it.  If we in the US had health care for all, would we become despondent due to lack of such a tasty morsel about which to complain?  Our health care system is a fucking mess and a travesty, satisfying no one outside of the insurance industry.  Goobs, Canada has many flaws, but on a couple of fronts we could learn from them.

Board footer

cruelery.com