#101 2009-05-29 13:52:25

Phred... but if the world powers already had agreed that it is torture, and we had signed treaties stating it was torture and we would refrain from it, then why on the word of a couple of hack lawyers, and had advisers who had no background in actual interrogation techniques is it suddenly okay to break numerous agreements?  You read the precedents I sited, now what really is your issue here except to defend at all cost bad decisions by your parties memebers?

#102 2009-05-29 13:59:12

jesus wrote:

What happened to having to prove someone's guilt before punishing them?

Would you consider killing an enemy soldier punishment?  If so, would you want to convene a trial before you returned his fire?  Get real here Jesus, this is was and these are soldiers.  Besides, extracting information and exacting punishment are not the same thing.

#103 2009-05-29 14:06:07

Dmtdust wrote:

You read the precedents I sited, now what really is your issue here except to defend at all cost bad decisions by your parties memebers?

And your party's members as well.  Including those who are screaming the loudest.  In addition, there is no such thing as a unilateral agreement.  But that's another whole can of worms.

#104 2009-05-29 14:18:04

Taint wrote:

OK, OK, OK. Can we at least all agree that "torture" can be used not only as a verb, but also as a noun and an adjective, and that it contains three vowels and four consonants?

Also adverb.  "I'm gonna torture-fuck your mom until she agrees to the divorce."

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-05-29 14:18:20)

#105 2009-05-29 14:38:03

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

You read the precedents I sited, now what really is your issue here except to defend at all cost bad decisions by your parties memebers?

And your party's members as well.  Including those who are screaming the loudest.  In addition, there is no such thing as a unilateral agreement.  But that's another whole can of worms.

First off, I am an independent, and secondly I wrote that if anyone in this Admin behaved the same way, that prosecuting them as well was a good idea.  Keep Up.

#106 2009-05-29 17:11:46

Mancow Muller is full of shit.

#107 2009-05-29 17:20:34

MSG Tripps wrote:

This is my first look at this topic as I seem to have missed it all the other times it was near the top.

I didn't need a news article to tell me that.  They left his mouth uncovered for radio talking purposes.  That isn't waterboarding. 

Radio stunt and Olbermann shows what a fucking hack he is for getting behind it.

#108 2009-05-29 17:20:46

MSG Tripps wrote:

Meh.   What a tard Mancow be.

#109 2009-05-29 17:40:18

So, going back through this, is this the thread that sent Zookie over the edge?  Shame on you people.

Geneva Conventions and such.  Bah.  Show me what nation the Taliban pledge allegiance too and I'll check for their signatures on the Geneva accords.  Until then, lock them the fuck up for however long we see fit to pay the bill.  Those guys have never had life so good than at Gitmo.

And here it is in writing:

Scotty wrote:

I agree to be waterboarded by a properly trained interrogator(s) at any time in the future and video taped undergoing said procedure.  If this were accomplished at a Cruel alumni/H-S get together all the better.

#110 2009-05-29 17:48:38

MSG Tripps wrote:

Or not.

#111 2009-05-29 17:55:32

The waterboarding he experienced produced a drowning sensation, he said, even if it wasn't an exact re-creation.

How the fuck?  I can close my mouth and sputter out air while someone is pouring water over me as good as anybody.

Fuck this guy.

#112 2009-05-29 18:03:48

Scotty wrote:

The waterboarding he experienced produced a drowning sensation, he said, even if it wasn't an exact re-creation.

How the fuck?  I can close my mouth and sputter out air while someone is pouring water over me as good as anybody.

Fuck this guy.

That's the deceptive part of the waterboarding, and why people think they can just hold their breath.  You can clear your throat like that, but when the water runs up the back and fills your nasal passages it invokes the panic response.  The excerpt I posted before has a pretty detailed description of what happens.  It's not about inhaling the water.  Actually, I think part of the panic reaction is to seize up your throat muscles, keeping most of the water from getting in, anyway.   Also, it's not that you have to elevate your legs and chest for it to work.  The legs and chest are elevated to keep the lungs from filling up with water so there will be less chance of actually killing your subject.

#113 2009-05-29 18:11:20

tojo2000 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Fuck this guy.

That's the deceptive part of the waterboarding, and why people think they can just hold their breath.  You can clear your throat like that, but when the water runs up the back and fills your nasal passages it invokes the panic response.  The excerpt I posted before has a pretty detailed description of what happens.  It's not about inhaling the water.  Actually, I think part of the panic reaction is to seize up your throat muscles, keeping most of the water from getting in, anyway.   Also, it's not that you have to elevate your legs and chest for it to work.  The legs and chest are elevated to keep the lungs from filling up with water so there will be less chance of actually killing your subject.

So how did Sheik Khalid withstand 183 sessions?  You can't tell me he held back the panic for 182 sessions and finally cracked.  I think he just got the message that they weren't going to stop until he squeeled.

#114 2009-05-29 18:21:43

phreddy wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Fuck this guy.

So how did Sheik Khalid withstand 183 sessions?  You can't tell me he held back the panic for 182 sessions and finally cracked.  I think he just got the message that they weren't going to stop until he squeeled.

Phreddy, you ignorant slut.  What makes you think he "withstood" 183 sessions?  He didn't have a choice.

#115 2009-05-29 18:39:44

"Phreddy, you ignorant slut.  What makes you think he "withstood" 183 sessions?  He didn't have a choice."

Whereas, you can refuse Choad's & my generous offer (actually Choad is just my imaginary assistant in this).  Really though, look up how to do it, and allow yourself to be restrained properly and try it.  Let us know, honestly.

Yer Pal,

Dusty

#116 2009-05-29 20:19:36

Let's say, for a moment, that he told them everything he knew on session 2, and then endured 180 sessions before starting to make shit up.

How can you know?  FMRI lie detector technology ain't there yet.  Do we waterboard this guy every day until he dies for information he may or may not have concerning a crime he may or may not have committed?  How do you tell the signal (assuming there is any) from the noise?

Plus, with the highly cellular nature of terrorist groups, the information this guy supposedly has isn't going to be good for very long.  He'll know what a couple of cells are doing RIGHT NOW, but 175 waterboardings down the road, he's not going to have any information that'll aid us.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-05-29 20:22:28)

#117 2009-05-29 20:22:31

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Let's say, for a moment, that he told them everything he knew on session 2, and then endured 180 sessions before starting to make shit up.

How can you know?  FMRI lie detector technology ain't there yet.  Do we waterboard this guy every day until he dies for information he may or may not have concerning a crime he may or may not have committed?  How do you tell the signal from the noise?

Particularly considering that the reason why enhanced techniques were approved is because he wasn't giving up the connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda.

#118 2009-05-29 22:17:58

On these 183 "sessions" we do all agree that the time frame was originally misrepresented and the 183 represents the number of times water was poured over him during double digit encounters, correct?

Not 183 instances of waterboarding.

*EDIT* Used wrong word.

Last edited by Scotty (2009-05-29 22:22:41)

Board footer

cruelery.com