#1 2009-06-09 15:38:58

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stor … 5cee5.html

A same-sex couple and their three foster children were denied a reduced admission price to a pool in eastern Idaho because the Lava Hot Springs State Foundation says the five don't fit the definition of a family.

A low level functionary decides to take a moral stand on marriage.

Mark Lowe, executive director for the Lava Hot Springs State Foundation, says the state doesn't recognize gay or lesbian marriage and defines a family as one male, one female and children.

All right, Mr. Lowe.  Mark.Lowe@lhs.idaho.gov

My email:

"Dear sir:

I am considering a family trip to the Lava Hot Springs Foundation this weekend, but am a little concerned.

I am a single father of three children on a tight budget.  I was enticed by your family discount, but have recently come across a news article stating you only give the discount to families where a mother, father and children are included.

Would it be possible for me to receive the discount, even though my family is not a family under Idaho law?  Without it, I'm afraid I can't fit the trip int the budget.  It would be very helpful if you could let me and my children in at the discounted rate (the boys are SO excited about this trip, too), even though we are not legally a family.

Signed,
Brian Peppers"

#2 2009-06-09 15:51:58

OMG!  Cruel has a true celebrity as one of its members!

#3 2009-06-09 15:54:12

BRIAN PEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!

#4 2009-06-09 15:57:42

I offer to double the rate for them just for being an intentional pain in the ass.

Militant activitists of any sort richly deserve the scorn society heaps on them.  These are exactly the same folks who will sue the California school systems as soon as prop 8 is repealed - the basis of the lawsuit will be the lack of books with homosexual couples/parents.  Of course we're broke and won't be able to afford to buy the books and will end up eliminating libraries from the schools.

This would be my number one reason for opposing gay marriage, fucking activitist assholes who's entire reason for existance is make everyone else do things their way.

never mind.

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-06-09 17:31:00)

#5 2009-06-09 15:58:10

Roger_That wrote:

BRIAN PEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!

who??

#6 2009-06-09 16:00:12

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/45_1brian_peppers1.jpg

I don't see how Mr.  Lowe could turn down a face like that.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#7 2009-06-09 16:01:49

I can't wait to hear the response.

#8 2009-06-09 16:05:16

Emmeran wrote:

fucking activitist assholes who's entire reason for existance is make everyone else do things their way.

I'm confused. 

That last part could make your post read as either being in support or against the hetero swim pool.

....but being as the rest of it seems to make it quite clear you've missed the point entirely, the actions of Mr. Lowe are what made this about gay marriage.  A family is whatever you define it as.  There are no laws- state, local or federal, that define a "family". 

Under Mr. Lowe's rules, Mr. Peppers and his children aren't a family because of Mrs. Perppers' untimely death.

This is about some "fucking activist asshole" who decided to make this a gay marriage issue when it wasn't.

#9 2009-06-09 16:49:12

Has anyone ever figured out what affliction Mr. Peppers suffers from???

#10 2009-06-09 17:27:57

raoul.duke wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

fucking activitist assholes who's entire reason for existance is make everyone else do things their way.

I'm confused. 

That last part could make your post read as either being in support or against the hetero swim pool.

....but being as the rest of it seems to make it quite clear you've missed the point entirely, the actions of Mr. Lowe are what made this about gay marriage.  A family is whatever you define it as.  There are no laws- state, local or federal, that define a "family". 

Under Mr. Lowe's rules, Mr. Peppers and his children aren't a family because of Mrs. Perppers' untimely death.

This is about some "fucking activist asshole" who decided to make this a gay marriage issue when it wasn't.

OK... I mis-read the entire thing....

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-06-09 17:30:29)

#11 2009-06-09 18:06:51

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/45_ohmark.jpg

Sir,

You and your children are eligible for the family discount but I am afraid that it is only available Monday - Thursday.

Thanks for your questions.

Mark Lowe

Mark Lowe, executive director for the Lava Hot Springs State Foundation, says the state doesn't recognize gay or lesbian marriage and defines a family as one male, one female and children.

I'm conflicted now.  Do I:

A.  Ask him if it's all right if I show up next Wednesday, and bring my gay husband with me...

B.  Chastise him for failing to recognize the traditional definition of family, call him a hypocrite, and offer to pray for his soul, or...

C.  Flood his inbox with picture of horse cock.

Maybe I should make a poll here.

#12 2009-06-09 18:08:41

Thank him and tell him it was always a dream of you and your late husband to take your boys to the place where you and he first met and fell in love.

EDIT: and if anyone asks, he died of AIDS complications.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-06-09 18:11:01)

#13 2009-06-09 18:17:34

raoul.duke wrote:

I'm conflicted now.  Do I:

A.  Ask him if it's all right if I show up next Wednesday, and bring my gay husband with me...

B.  Chastise him for failing to recognize the traditional definition of family, call him a hypocrite, and offer to pray for his soul, or...

C.  Flood his inbox with picture of horse cock.

My vote goes to B and C combined...Actually, dog peen might be better than horse.

#14 2009-06-09 18:28:15

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Thank him and tell him it was always a dream of you and your late husband to take your boys to the place where you and he first met and fell in love.

FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Consider it sent.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/45_lolaids.jpg

#16 2009-06-09 19:36:21

raoul.duke wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Consider it sent.

You may want to mention that you too are HIV positive and hope that won't bother the other bathers.

#17 2009-06-09 21:58:58

phreddy wrote:

raoul.duke wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Consider it sent.

You may want to mention that you too are HIV positive and hope that won't bother the other bathers.

I think it might be better to leave it implied.  Come on too strong and he'll sniff it. 

I wouldn't even have mentioned the AIDS right off, but then again I can see how that'd be in character so I think no harm's done.

#18 2009-06-10 00:54:04

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2008/07/16/pool.jpg

Some-Body was bound to post it sooner or later.

Board footer

cruelery.com