#1 2007-11-06 04:01:03

Fortunately the person putting swastikas on her door was caught.

#2 2007-11-06 04:40:55

fnord wrote:

Militant fucking Buddhists.

Felch

#3 2007-11-06 14:57:03

She calls herself a "media darling?" Perhaps she should consult Feltch [sic] for a definition.

#4 2007-11-06 15:04:08

felch wrote:

fnord wrote:

Militant fucking Buddhists.

Felch

The Buddhist temple I attend was built in the 1920s and the cornerstone is emblazoned with a swastika. When the government interned Japanese Americans in the 1940s, concerned neighbors kept watch over the building to make sure nothing happened to the structure while its members were imprisoned.

Now, some 80 years later, a very full shrub grows in front of the cornerstone. You'd never know what was behind it.

#5 2007-11-06 17:07:06

fnord wrote:

At the risk of appearing as though I'm siding with Fnord her (Which, technically, I am), this seems to be a rather common thread when it comes to so-called "anti-Semitic" (Palestinians are a Semitic people - Ashkenazis are not) "hate crimes."  Gee, if anybody actually does hate the so-called "Jews" (You're not from fucking Israel, you Russian piece of shit!), one really need not concentrate too hard when wondering "Why?".

#6 2007-11-06 17:22:04

If anyone is looking for excuses to justify their prejudices, they're still misguided. The twit at GWU was nothing more than an adolescent attention whore, which come in all flavors.

#7 2007-11-06 19:50:41

Taint wrote:

If anyone is looking for excuses to justify their prejudices, they're still misguided

Oh, and to clarify, I've nothing against the Ashkenazi per se (Hi, Mister Sofie!  Hi, Grand-Ma-Ma! {How in the fuck is this woman still alive?}); But, I've some serious issues with the Zionists.

#8 2007-11-07 11:10:50

Decadence wrote:

But, I've some serious issues with the Zionists.

A Zionist can be either Ashkenazi or Sephardic. Both are descendants of the Semitic races/ethnicities, but zionism is a sociopolitical cause. It is not held solely by those of the Jewish faith (some cats are black, not all black animals are cats, etc.). I suppose now would be as good a time as any to point out that Judaism, despite being annoyingly patriarchal, is matrilineally "carried" (you might find this article interesting); i.e., you can only be one if you were born to one, whether you are observant or not, zionist or not, and despite all outward appearances.

We wouldn't have been in Europe and Western Asia if we weren't regularly driven from Israel--or from country to country--nearly every century since the inception of the faith. You can thank pogroms, racism, greed, intolerance, slavery, and xenophobia for that. So, while I'm not a Zionist, I can appreciate the desire to stop running.

#9 2007-11-07 11:36:47

Pale wrote:

A Zionist can be either Ashkenazi or Sephardic.

Well, sure . . .  Technically, anybody (Jewish or not) could be a Zionist.  However, it began with the Ashkenazi (No, not all of them, of course).  It was they who insisted on claiming Palestine as their own, and they didn't (And, to some degree, still don't) treat the Sephardi much better than they do the Philistines.

Pale wrote:

I suppose now would be as good a time as any to point out that Judaism, despite being annoyingly patriarchal, is matrilineally "carried" (you might find this article interesting); i.e., you can only be one if you were born to one, whether you are observant or not, zionist or not, and despite all outward appearances.

Yeah, I don't need to read the link.  I'm well aware of the ridiculous standard that claims an individual as Jewish if they have such blood on the mother's side of the family.  What did you think that my "Hi, Grand-Ma-Ma" comment meant?

Pale wrote:

So, while I'm not a Zionist, I can appreciate the desire to stop running.

And, the Philistines should have to pay for this because . . .?

#10 2007-11-07 12:02:31

Decadence wrote:

Taint wrote:

If anyone is looking for excuses to justify their prejudices, they're still misguided

Oh, and to clarify, I've nothing against the Ashkenazi per se (Hi, Mister Sofie!  Hi, Grand-Ma-Ma! {How in the fuck is this woman still alive?}); But, I've some serious issues with the Zionists.

Mister Sofie's not that fond of the Zionists (although he does enjoy the dividends of the Israel Bonds he inherited). Another of my college friends spent time at a Kibbutz, and her dad's a rabbi, so she's definitely an outspoken Zionist. I dunno. Israel as a nation loves to shit-stir, but they have to be provocative and defensive to keep what they have.

And yes - it's matrilineal. But I'm really cool, and had my older son in the Hebrew Academy for preschool. He would come home to me saying things like, "Mommy NOT Joooooish". The 4'10" bald dumpy Orthodox teacher with seven kids of her own thought I was Mr. Sofie's trophy shiksa.

They used to make us donate Tzedakah every fucking day, and buy scrips for the most expensive supermarket in town. Like the tuition wasn't steep enough. I have done more than my part in perpetuating the cause (especially when I was a young trophy shiksa trying to impress his family with my cultural knowledge). I even make challah occasionally. I cook traditional dishes (when the only thing his mom ever makes for dinner is reservations).

The funniest thing about my efforts? Mr. Sofie could give a flying fuck about his culture. He hates lamb, latkes, and many other Ashkenazi delicacies. I have to shame him into buying tickets to the high holidays. He used to give pot to the cantor back in California.

He just called me a liar. He says the Chabad calendar in our office proves he's a good Joo.

#11 2007-11-07 12:32:29

sofaking wrote:

Mr. Sofie could give a flying fuck about his culture. He hates lamb . . .

Ashkenazi or not, that is down-right blasphemy right there.  Oh, man, is anybody else suddenly "jonesing" for a gyro?

#12 2007-11-07 12:39:43

Decadence wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Mr. Sofie could give a flying fuck about his culture. He hates lamb . . .

Ashkenazi or not, that is down-right blasphemy right there.  Oh, man, is anybody else suddenly "jonesing" for a gyro?

Dude, one of my "clients" owns a kebab restaurant that serves good gyros. He brings us the bomb yummies.

Mmmmm. I'ma call his ass. Who cares if he's not open yet?

#13 2007-11-07 12:46:07

Decadence wrote:

Yeah, I don't need to read the link...What did you think that my "Hi, Grand-Ma-Ma" comment meant?

Not a clue, but that wasn't what the link was about.

Decadence wrote:

And, the Philistines should have to pay for this because...?

I don't even know how to respond to that. It's not a ridiculous standard anymore, is it? Of course, they couldn't have known about mitochondrial DNA way-back-whenever. I'll take that gyro, now.

#14 2007-11-07 13:16:42

pALEPHx wrote:

Ah, okay . . .  I drew the wrong inference from your description.  Yeah, I saw that story a while back.  There was another around the same time which listed diseases which were specific to Ashkenazi, but I can't seem to find it.  Eh, whatever - Don't think that I had any of them (Yet).

#15 2007-11-07 13:19:22

Decadence wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

Ah, okay . . .  I drew the wrong inference from your description.  Yeah, I saw that story a while back.  There was another around the same time which listed diseases which were specific to Ashkenazi, but I can't seem to find it.  Eh, whatever - Don't think that I had any of them (Yet).

Enough about teh jews already...can we get back to bashing the niggers?

#16 2007-11-07 13:49:58

Decadence wrote:

Don't think that I had any of them (Yet).

We're both a little too old for Tay-Sachs.

headkicker_girl wrote:

Enough about teh jews already...can we get back to bashing the niggers?

Screw that. Let's bash deaf people for strangely antisemitic ASL!

#17 2007-11-07 14:29:53

pALEPHx wrote:

Screw that. Let's bash deaf people for strangely antisemitic ASL!

I think he's trying to tell us that Jewish women have beards and Rabbis have breasts.

#18 2007-11-07 18:14:40

headkicker_girl wrote:

Rabbis have breasts.

Don't tell Fnord.

http://www.skullgame.com/images/has11.jpg
I vant you should let me see if zhey are deh fake boobies.

Board footer

cruelery.com