#2 2010-09-30 19:41:05

Pop Tarts???

#3 2010-09-30 21:23:58

Another Asshole from the Middle East.

#4 2010-09-30 21:38:20

Meh.  I wrote him off the instant he got defensive in an interview with Terry Gross.

#5 2010-09-30 21:47:13

Well, she does have a gentile tongue.

#6 2010-09-30 21:55:43

whiskytangofoxtrot wrote:

Meh.  I wrote him off the instant he got defensive in an interview with Terry Gross.

I wrote him off when he did the Paul Lynde Halloween Special. 

#7 2010-09-30 21:58:26

phoQ wrote:

I wrote all four of them off as soon as I heard the noise they made. The costumes and makeup were just icing on the cake.

#8 2010-09-30 22:05:35

DupeOrNot wrote:

How?  She's Blue-ish.

#9 2010-09-30 22:26:44

Dmtdust wrote:

DupeOrNot wrote:

How?  She's Blue-ish.

In the aforementioned interview, Simmons corrected her pronunciation of something, and "forgave" it by saying she had a gentile tongue. Gross said, "No, I don't. I'm Jewish" with "you fucking moron" heavily implied..

Might have been "gentile mouth".

Yes, it is mouth-- it's mentioned on her wikipedia page.

#10 2010-09-30 22:40:28

I strongly disliked his band, and have never liked him in any interview.  The guy has always reeked of abnormally weird Asshole.  The fact that he is conservative, and a zionist just adds to it.

#11 2010-09-30 23:39:47

don't tell me what's wrong with the other party. Tell me what you're going to do for me, then I'll let you know who I'm going to vote for

I think Gene is a jerk, but I agree with this sentiment.

#12 2010-10-01 01:48:56

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/short-spacer.gifhttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/triumph.jpg

Triumph: Gene Simmons Bangs Border Collies

Full interview.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#13 2010-10-01 02:24:38

phoQ wrote:

A high-point on everyone's résumé, no doubt.

#14 2010-10-01 02:30:45

I met Paul Lynde a couple of times. (he was friends with my landlady in my place in West Hollywood in the early-ish 70's.  A very nice person, courteous, and a giggle.

#15 2010-10-01 05:14:12

opsec wrote:

don't tell me what's wrong with the other party. Tell me what you're going to do for me, then I'll let you know who I'm going to vote for

I think Gene is a jerk, but I agree with this sentiment.

He is a jerk and the sentiment distills the essence of self-centered politics.  The brain should reach for a little more than that.

#16 2010-10-01 14:38:56

I've always thought masks or makeup on musicians was there for the same reason you find them on wrestlers.  There isn't enough meat in the product to sell it without the fancy wrapping.  I was surprised, however, to learn that the front man for Kiss, of all bands, was a conservative.  Well, Alice Cooper is a golf fanatic, so I guess you never know.

#17 2010-10-01 15:06:15

And Bono has the Dali Lama on speed dial, so that means he know how to save the rainforest, right?

Why do we seek wisdom from the same people that we seek entertainment from? Seems a conflict of interest, right?

#18 2010-10-01 17:26:58

GooberMcNutly wrote:

And Bono has the Dali Lama on speed dial, so that means he know how to save the rainforest, right?

Why do we seek wisdom from the same people that we seek entertainment from? Seems a conflict of interest, right?

Don't get me started on Bono, that pretentious prick.

#19 2010-10-01 17:55:15

phreddy wrote:

I've always thought masks or makeup on musicians was there for the same reason you find them on wrestlers.  There isn't enough meat in the product to sell it without the fancy wrapping.  I was surprised, however, to learn that the front man for Kiss, of all bands, was a conservative.  Well, Alice Cooper is a golf fanatic, so I guess you never know.

Was there ever any indication of originality in anything Gene Simmons/Kiss ever did?  Never.  Alice is a Republican (after all he grew up in Phoenix).  He plays a mean game of golf.  There are several of his songs I like, and his act was an original when it came out.

#20 2010-10-01 19:47:57

Dmtdust wrote:

Alice is a Republican (after all he grew up in Phoenix).  He plays a mean game of golf.  There are several of his songs I like, and his act was an original when it came out.

I didn't care for Cooper's music but coveted his pool. Each of four houses facing Long Island Sound between two streets had one, rarely used, the tide kept at bay by year-round pool bilge pumps. Popped like corks if they didn't.

I made a teen ritual of taking my dates along the sea wall on warm, sand encrusted nights, pool hopping nekid from one to the next until the lights came on. Alice's pool was last. No one was ever home.

#21 2010-10-01 20:00:39

phreddy wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

That explains his role in Across The Universe: Typecasting.

#22 2010-10-01 20:52:34

phreddy wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving little over 1% of funds to charity

#23 2010-10-01 23:56:02

Dmtdust wrote:

I met Paul Lynde a couple of times. (he was friends with my landlady in my place in West Hollywood in the early-ish 70's.  A very nice person, courteous, and a giggle.

Odd, the stories I've heard were that he was rarely sober (especially nearing the end of his run on The Hollywood Squares) and that he was also a racist prick.

#24 2010-10-02 11:06:33

AladdinSane wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Odd, the stories I've heard were that he was rarely sober (especially nearing the end of his run on The Hollywood Squares) and that he was also a racist prick.

Race never came up that I remember, and while he was indeed a drinker, I never saw him drunk.

#25 2010-10-02 11:15:21

Being a heterosexual, I don't have a high performance gaydar system installed. However, I might be inclined to wonder if that Paul Lynde feller might be a little light in his loafers. I assume our gay staff here at HS may be able to pick out any subtle hints that he is (was?) one of yours?

#26 2010-10-03 01:03:36

Banjo wrote:

Being a heterosexual, I don't have a high performance gaydar system installed. However, I might be inclined to wonder if that Paul Lynde feller might be a little light in his loafers. I assume our gay staff here at HS may be able to pick out any subtle hints that he is (was?) one of yours?

Ah, Banjo. Always the last to know.

#27 2010-10-03 01:50:08

Banjo wrote:

What does your gaydar tell you about Liberace and Charles Nelson Reilly?

#28 2010-10-03 10:31:37

Tall Paul wrote:

Banjo wrote:

What does your gaydar tell you about Liberace and Charles Nelson Reilly?

I don't know much about CNR except that he played a mean Match Game. He did wear a scarf and talked pretty nasally but that's not a dead give away. Paul Stanley dresses and talks like a woman and he's not ......Awwww crap! Don't tell me KISS is gay!

#29 2010-10-03 10:43:53

My Gaydar is a complete fail, I managed to hire an obvious twink and didn't know it until told by a female employee 3 months later.  I've just promoted him to manager; no matter how hard I try I completely suck at being a homophobe.

(Fuck you Fnord you faggoty ass faggot)

Last edited by Emmeran (2010-10-03 10:44:59)

#30 2010-10-18 15:15:24

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/short-spacer.gifhttp://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2010/10/104497878.jpg

Woe is Gene. His site is still down.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#31 2010-10-18 15:32:23

Thanks Choad.  This made my day.  One more overly hair dyed, rich asshole.... YES!

#32 2010-10-19 09:25:44

Gene is just another small businessman. Built a money making machine out of nothing but hard work and determination. His success proves that wealth is not a zero sum game. He didn't take anything from people that they didn't beg to give him and it made him, and all of the other people involved in his "company" rich at the same time.

So why wouldn't he want tax reform and less than another small businessman?

#33 2010-10-19 12:34:00

Goob, he's a dick.  deal with it.

#34 2010-10-19 19:15:42

That's just not true, Goob! The first concert I ever attended was a Kiss Concert, and I was lured there under false pretenses. I never knew it was Kiss until after Uriah Heep played their set. Also I had just swallowed my first acid, but that's another story. Luckily the band was so loud I couldn't hear the music, and I must admit the lightshow was great.

#35 2010-10-19 23:02:26

Dmtdust wrote:

Goob, he's a dick.  deal with it.

I agree. He's a total dick. But he's a dick that made hundreds of people a shit ton of money and a nice pile for himself along the way.

Sure, the music is just the kind of soulless crunk that people want. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Board footer

cruelery.com