• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Interesting read with all the shit throwing going on

#2 2011-01-10 13:31:14

Illinois’ State Lottery drew 666 on Obama’s victory-day. Nothing can match that it clinches the choice for Antichrist. Browse this video’s name, it’s good and it’s old already, he made it last year. “Is Obama the Antichrist? Ummmm…don’t know…”
End for Obama. So we have to move fast. Spread to all.
We should get all these good people together and bust Obama now.
The Antichrist’s 42 months run out in May 2011. Let’s start pushing the fires burning his ass! His time is in 4 months

Um, yeah.

#3 2011-01-10 13:35:19

That's really a stretch.  "Dead to me" is an expression.  It is not a direct threat.  If I say, "Fortinbras is dead to me," that does not imply that I am going to kill you; it implies that I am going to treat you as though you are dead, i.e., ignore you, which is how I usually treat your posts on high street.

Also, his friends say that he was apolitical, and that he did not consider himself a member of any party, but that he was definitely anti government.  That does not make him a leftist.

Seems he may have had ties to hate groups...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/0 … 06370.html

#4 2011-01-10 13:35:52

Taint wrote:

Illinois’ State Lottery drew 666 on Obama’s victory-day. Nothing can match that it clinches the choice for Antichrist. Browse this video’s name, it’s good and it’s old already, he made it last year. “Is Obama the Antichrist? Ummmm…don’t know…”
The Antichrist’s 42 months run out in May 2011. Let’s start pushing the fires burning his ass! His time is in 4 months

Um, yeah.

Geir Smith Says:

January 10, 2011 at 8:21 am

It took me a good 5 minutes of scrolling to find that after you posted.

#5 2011-01-10 13:39:52

headkicker_girl wrote:

That's really a stretch.  "Dead to me" is an expression.  It is not a direct threat.  If I say, "Fortinbras is dead to me," that does not imply that I am going to kill you; it implies that I am going to treat you as though you are dead, i.e., ignore you, which is how I usually treat your posts on high street.

Also, his friends say that he was apolitical, and that he did not consider himself a member of any party, but that he was definitely anti government.  That does not make him a leftist.

At this point they fucked up his affiliation with the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, Limbaugh, etc.  I'm really not buying any of these stories of who he is associated with at all anymore until they show some degree of fact to back it up.  Heck, they are trying to pin Satan Worshiper on him too now just because they found a skull and some candles.

#6 2011-01-10 13:54:41

fortinbras wrote:

Taint wrote:

Um, yeah.

Geir Smith Says:

It was the very last post, I believe, but not dissimilar from many of the contributions to that particular thread. Living in San Francisco, I have to swallow a lot of paranoid-left-wing rhetoric everyday and being a bleeding heart liberal myself, my tolerance is pretty high. Still, the level of discussion among the left is usually a notch or two higher and rarely resorts to the supernatural-based superstition that seems to form the basis of much of the dialogue on the right, to which the Republicans and the Tea Party pander like such sycophants.

#7 2011-01-10 13:56:17

Taint wrote:

fortinbras wrote:

Taint wrote:

Um, yeah.

Geir Smith Says:

It was the very last post, I believe, but not dissimilar from many of the contributions to that particular thread. Living in San Francisco, I have to swallow a lot of paranoid-left-wing rhetoric everyday and being a bleeding heart liberal myself, my tolerance is pretty high. Still, the level of discussion among the left is usually a notch or two higher and rarely resorts to the supernatural-based superstition that seems to form the basis of much of the dialogue on the right, to which the Republicans and the Tea Party pander like such sycophants.

As an atheist myself, I do honestly find those style of religious quotes just as scary to me as an Arab sitting next to be in a bus with wires coming out of his jacket.

#8 2011-01-10 19:03:30

fortinbras wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

At this point they fucked up his affiliation with the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, Limbaugh, etc.  I'm really not buying any of these stories of who he is associated with at all anymore until they show some degree of fact to back it up.  Heck, they are trying to pin Satan Worshiper on him too now just because they found a skull and some candles.

Limbaugh is one of the people trying to pin satan worship on him.  He also said liberals are more violent that conservatives because they support rap music (I'm not kidding).

#9 2011-01-10 19:56:57

headkicker_girl wrote:

Limbaugh is one of the people trying to pin satan worship on him.  He also said liberals are more violent that conservatives because they support rap music (I'm not kidding).

I can't believe you just introduced Rush Limbaugh into a semi-intelligent conversation; for shame.

Point: we have nut jobs like this all over the world, our talking heads need to responsibly avoid images and statements which enable said nut jobs to feel validated or supported in their nut job acts.  Both the Left and the Right are guilty of over the top statements to improve ratings (or speaking fees in Palin's case); society will eventually begin to hold them responsible it just takes that one horrible act to force our collective hand.

Last edited by Emmeran (2011-01-10 19:58:17)

#10 2011-01-10 22:54:05

I don't think you could fully appreciate how fucked up the US seems to anyone who lives in another democratic country. Rampaging hypocrisy, constant elaborate appeals to "God", and you still haven't worked out any attempt at gun laws. And the mere existence of Sarah Palin.

The most amazing thing is how I am still amazed by it all.

#11 2011-01-10 23:00:01

Gray wrote:

I don't think you could fully appreciate how fucked up the US seems to anyone who lives in another democratic country. Rampaging hypocrisy, constant elaborate appeals to "God", and you still haven't worked out any attempt at gun laws. And the mere existence of Sarah Palin.

Fuck, I've lived here all of my life and I'm still amazed by it.  Just when you think we can't get any more collectively dumber someone like Palin raises the bar.

#12 2011-01-10 23:11:59

headkicker_girl wrote:

Fuck, I've lived here all of my life and I'm still amazed by it.  Just when you think we can't get any more collectively dumber someone like Palin raises the bar.

The sheer brazen, loud and wilful ignorance of Palin is excruciating enough, but why does the US media insist on repeating her every word? You know that dickhead at the party who always wants to impress you with his "secret" knowledge of a government conspiracy, or his ability to withstand a punch in the stomach? You know how the only way to deal with it is to walk away? About time the cameras and microphones were switched of and Sister Sarah could go back to just being a local Mama Grizzly entertaining the backwoods locals.

(Can you even imagine what the rest of the world thinks of language such as "Mama Grizzly"? It makes the Dear Leader's cult of personality seem downright mature and thoughtful)

#13 2011-01-10 23:13:35

http://www.truth-out.org/the-wrath-fool … right66686

From Truth Out:

The Wrath of Fools: An Open Letter to the Far Right
Monday 10 January 2011
by: William Rivers Pitt, t r u t h o u t | Op-Ed

(Image: Jared Rodriguez / t r u t h o u t)
To:       Palin-lovers, Fox "News," the "mainstream" media, and the Far Right, et al.

Date:   Monday 10 January 2011

Re:       The blood on your hands

Dear “Patriots,”

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords isn't much older than I am. She served in the Arizona State House of Representatives, and the Arizona State Senate, before being elected to three successive terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. She once described herself as a "former Republican," and is today considered a "Blue Dog" Democrat, meaning she holds a number of conservative political positions. This is not terribly surprising, given the generally conservative political bent of the state she has served for the last ten years. She was married four years ago to a space shuttle commander who had served as a Naval aviator, and who flew 39 combat missions in Desert Storm, before volunteering for astronaut training.

Last Wednesday, she was sworn in to her third term as the Representative for Arizona's 8th congressional district. One of her first acts in the newly-minted 112th Congress was to read aloud from the House floor, in response to the Republican Party's recitation of the Constitution, the following lines: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

She returned to Arizona not long after to assist in the implementation of that most vital of Constitutional principles, calling together a meeting of her constituents in a peaceable assembly so the citizens she represents could petition the government for a redress of grievances. Among the gathered crowd were a number of her staffers, a judge, and a nine-year-old girl named Christina-Taylor Green who was born on September 11, 2001.

And then all Hell broke loose.

A man named Jared Lee Loughner waded into the group and fired a bullet into Rep. Giffords' skull at point-blank range, before turning his weapon on others in the crowd. Christina-Taylor Greene, who would have celebrated her tenth birthday on the tenth anniversary of 9/11, was shot in the chest and killed. The woman who brought her to the event was also shot. Gabriel Zimmerman, who served as Rep. Giffords' director of community outreach, was also killed. He was 30 years old, and was recently engaged to be married. U.S. District Judge John Roll, who had served on the bench for twenty years, was also killed. Dorwin Stoddard, a church volunteer, died after putting his body between his wife and the hail of bullets. His wife was also shot. Two of Rep. Giffords' constituents, Dorothy Morris and Phyllis Scheck, were also killed. All in all, 31 shots were fired before several brave souls tackled Loughner, disarmed him, and wrestled him to the ground.

At the time of this writing, Rep. Giffords is lying in a hospital bed in critical condition. The God you Bible-spewing frauds love to flog the rest of us with must have been in that supermarket crowd with her on Saturday, with His hand on her shoulder, because it is nothing short of a full-fledged miracle she survived at all. Doctors are actually cautiously optimistic that she will survive, though the degree to which she will ultimately recover is still sorely in doubt. She can respond to simple commands, according to her doctors, and is marginally able to communicate. If she survives her wound, it is wretchedly certain her life will never, ever be the same.

I just thought you should know a few things about the people you helped into their graves and hospital beds this weekend.

Yes, you.

You false patriots who bring assault rifles to political rallies, you hack politicians and media personalities who lied through your stinking teeth about "death panels" and "Obama is coming for your guns" and "He isn't a citizen" and "He's a secret Muslim" and "Sharia Law is coming to America," you who spread this bastard gospel and you who swallowed it whole, I am talking to you, because this was your doing just as surely as it was the doing of the deranged damned soul who pulled the trigger.  The poison you injected into our culture is deeply culpable for this carnage.

You who worship Jesus at the top of your lungs (in defiance of Christ's own teachings on the matter of worship, by the way) helped put several churchgoers into their graves and into the hospital. You who shriek about the sanctity of marriage helped cut down a man who was about to be married. You who crow with ceaseless abandon about military service and the nobility of our fighting forces helped to critically wound the wife of a Naval aviator who fought for you in a war. You who hold September 11 as your sword and shield helped put a little girl born on that day into the ground.

You helped. Yes, damn you, you helped.

The "mainstream" media is already working overtime playing up the "Disturbed loner" angle with all their might. There is no doubt, from the available evidence, of Mr. Loughner's transformation into a disturbed individual. But here's the funny part: all the crazy crap he spewed, about the gold standard (a favorite of Glenn Beck, the master of Fox "News" fearmongering...so he can sell his gold scam to suckers) and government mind control and everything else before going on his rampage, is straight out of the Right-Wing Insanity Handbook. His personal YouTube ramblings were a mishmash of right-wing anti-government nonsense...the kind that attracts sick minds like Loughner, the kind that only reinforces their paranoia, the kind that finally pushes them over the brink and into the frenzy of violence that took place on Saturday.  The kind that the likes of you have been happily spreading by the day. 

He did not act alone. You were right there with him. You helped.

I'm talking to you, "mainstream" media people, who created this atmosphere of desperate rage and total paranoia out of whole cloth because of your unstoppable adoration for spectacle, and ratings, and because the companies that own your sorry asses agree with the deranged cretins you helped make so famous and powerful. It was sickeningly amusing on Sunday to watch Wolf Blitzer bluster and bluff on CNN about how the media owns no responsibility for this disaster. It was like watching a ten-year-old try to explain how a lamp got broken while he was running through the living room, but no, it wasn't him. It was, in reality, a pathetic display...but that is what you generally get whenever Wolf is on your screen.

"Mainstream" news personalities like David Gergen and John King bent over backwards warning people not to blame Sarah Palin and her ilk for this calamity.  It was a sick man who did this, they said. Bollocks to that.  I hate to break this to the "mainstream" media know-betters, but words matter.  When people like Palin spray the airwaves with calls to violence and incantations of imminent doom, people like Loughner are listening, and prepared to act. The "mainstream" media lets it fly without any questions or rebuttal, because it's good for ratings, and here we are. Words matter. Play Russian Roulette long enough, and someone inevitably winds up dead.

Remember the run-up to the Iraq invasion, and the subsequent occupation? "WMD everywhere, al Qaeda connections to 9/11, plastic sheeting and duct tape because we're all gonna die!" was the central theme of the majority of your broadcast schedule for years...until it was all proven to be a lie.  You helped the liars, you were the liars, but you knew that.  You also got your spectacle, and the corporations that own you got paid a king's ransom, so everyone was happy, except the dead. 

Help fight ignorance. Click here for free Truthout email updates.

Tell me this is any different, I dare you.  For the spectacle, the ratings and the pleasure of your owners, you ran names like "Sarah Palin" across the sky in lights, even after she should have faded into well-deserved obscurity, and helped this blister of right-wing rage fester until it finally burst. This was your show, and in perhaps the most wretched irony of all, I would bet all my worldly possessions that your ratings are through the roof right now. You got what you wanted.  I hope you are pleased.

And yes, I'm talking to you, Sarah Palin, you unutterably disgusting fraud. You pulled it off your ridiculous website, but it's out there: you put cross-hairs - literally, cross-hairs - on Rep. Giffords, you blithered about "reloading" instead of "retreating," and you made this country more stupid and violent with every breath you took. Well, congratulations, you failure, you quitter, you inciter of mobs. You put the cross-hairs on her, and someone finally pulled the trigger. Run from it all you like, Lady MacBeth, but this blood will never be washed from your hands.

I'm talking to you, Sharron Angle, you walking punch-line, who talked about "Second Amendment remedies" being necessary if you didn't get your way on health care reform during your failed Senate campaign.

I'm talking to you, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly, and Michael Savage, and Ann Coulter, and Laura Ingraham, and to every other right-wing tripe-spewing blowhard blogger and Fox News broadcaster. I hope you are proud of yourselves, because this is the day you get to reap what you have been relentlessly sowing since you were forced to encompass the unmitigated outrage of a Black man winning the office of President of the United States.

That's right, I said it. Anyone who thinks good old-fashioned American bigotry and racism are not the core motivation for a vast majority of these so-called "revolutionaries" should get their heads examined. You've heard of the "elephant in the middle of the room?" Well, this is the burning cross in the middle of the room, and no amount of spin will douse those flames.

I'm talking to you, Koch Brothers. Your money to create and spread this disease was well-spent; you now have one less Democrat in the House to worry about, at least for the foreseeable future. Congratulations, you un-American sacks of filth.

And I'm talking to each and every one of you who listened to these traitors and believed the nonsense they spewed at you for no other reason than to pick your pockets for campaign/organization contributions. I'm talking to you who wore your silly fatigues and carried your badly-spelled fact-deprived signs to protests with pistols on your hips and rifles on your shoulders. You who threw bricks through the windows of politicians you disagreed with. You who shot out the windows of Rep. Giffords' office not even a year ago.

You worked very hard to create exactly this atmosphere in America, and now it has come to be. We have entered the age of the Wrath of Fools, and we now must again exist in an America where the word "assassination" has become all too relevant.

You helped this happen. You.

You know it. I know it. Have the guts to admit it, even if only to yourselves.

I know many Republicans and conservatives, and consider them to be dear friends. The single most influential person in my life (aside from my mother) was a rock-ribbed conservative Republican, and there is no person I respected more than him. I do not count these people, and those like them, among those whom I address here. They are as sickened and repulsed by you as I am.

This is not the end of the story, but is just the beginning. The good people of the United States of America, the true patriots, have finally seen you with your media-painted masks ripped off. They have seen what comes to pass when hate, venom, ignorance and violence goes unchecked and unanswered. You have been exposed, and the fact that it took such an unimaginably horrific act for that exposure to take place only increases the fierceness with which you will be answered. You will be repudiated, not with violence, but with the scorn and rejection you so richly deserve.  Spin it as you will, scramble all you like. You are found out, and you have nowhere to hide.

Oh, P.S., if anyone reading this is operating under the delusion that the overheated right-wing rhetoric that went a long way towards almost getting Rep. Giffords killed, and had a strong hand in putting six people in the ground, is some sort of new Obama-era phenomenon, well...

"I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus - living fossils - so we will never forget what these people stood for."

- Rush Limbaugh, Denver Post, 12-29-95

"Get rid of the guy. Impeach him, censure him, assassinate him."

- Rep. James Hansen (R-UT), talking about President Clinton

"We're going to keep building the party until we're hunting Democrats with dogs."

- Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX), Mother Jones, 08-95

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

- Ann Coulter, New York Observer, 08-26-02

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

- Ann Coulter, at the Conservative Political Action Conference, 02-26-02

"Chelsea is a Clinton. She bears the taint; and though not prosecutable in law, in custom and nature the taint cannot be ignored. All the great despotisms of the past - I'm not arguing for despotism as a principle, but they sure knew how to deal with potential trouble - recognized that the families of objectionable citizens were a continuing threat. In Stalin's penal code it was a crime to be the wife or child of an 'enemy of the people.' The Nazis used the same principle, which they called Sippenhaft, 'clan liability.' In Imperial China, enemies of the state were punished 'to the ninth degree': that is, everyone in the offender's own generation would be killed and everyone related via four generations up, to the great-great-grandparents, and four generations down, to the great-great-grandchildren, would also be killed."

- John Derbyshire, National Review, 02-15-01

"Two things made this country great: White men & Christianity. The degree these two have diminished is in direct proportion to the corruption and fall of the nation. Every problem that has arisen (sic) can be directly traced back to our departure from God's Law and the disenfranchisement of White men."

- State Rep. Don Davis (R-NC), emailed to every member of the North Carolina House and Senate, reported by the Fayetteville Observer, 08-22-01

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, but you get the gist.

Most Disrespectfully Yours,
William Rivers Pitt

#14 2011-01-10 23:21:02

Is that Pitt the Elder or Pitt the Younger?

Either way, jolly decent of him to keep abreast of current events.

#15 2011-01-10 23:23:46

Gray wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

The sheer brazen, loud and wilful ignorance of Palin is excruciating enough, but why does the US media insist on repeating her every word? You know that dickhead at the party who always wants to impress you with his "secret" knowledge of a government conspiracy, or his ability to withstand a punch in the stomach? You know how the only way to deal with it is to walk away? About time the cameras and microphones were switched of and Sister Sarah could go back to just being a local Mama Grizzly entertaining the backwoods locals.

(Can you even imagine what the rest of the world thinks of language such as "Mama Grizzly"? It makes the Dear Leader's cult of personality seem downright mature and thoughtful)

That's because Americans are hopeless optimists.  We are dreamers.  We believe that neither facts nor education matter so much as tenacity and moxie.  You betcha!

#16 2011-01-10 23:31:38

headkicker_girl wrote:

That's because Americans are hopeless optimists.  We are dreamers.  We believe that neither facts nor education matter so much as tenacity and moxie You betcha!

Yes, I can see that.

#17 2011-01-11 02:54:59

Gray wrote:

I can appreciate it, because I have relatives who live in England out in the countryside.  When I see how tranquil life is in their part of the world, (the local police were debating whether or not they needed larger nightsticks during one of my visits.  There has been one murder in their village in thirty years; it was a domestic violence incident) I realize that America is an open air insane asylum.

#18 2011-01-11 03:23:38

fnord wrote:

Gray wrote:

I can appreciate it, because I have relatives who live in England out in the countryside.  When I see how tranquil life is in their part of the world, (the local police were debating whether or not they needed larger nightsticks during one of my visits.  There has been one murder in their village in thirty years; it was a domestic violence incident) I realize that America is an open air insane asylum.

You must realize that England used the colonies as a dumping ground, and later other European countries as well to get rid of the religious nuts, traumatized peasantry and other shell shocked members of society.  This process started with the "pilgrims' onwards.  Most of the English, Scottish, and Irish who came over came either as indentured servants (that is white for slave), criminals, or the gaolers.  The mountainous regions of the Eastern United states is peopled with the survivors of the Highland Clearances and Culloden.  Parts of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland as well for that matter...

Australia served in a like manner for the Irish and English but for a much shorter while, and they were generally just the criminal and revolutionary types.

#19 2011-01-11 12:15:59

Dmtdust wrote:

fnord wrote:

Gray wrote:

You must realize that England used the colonies as a dumping ground, and later other European countries as well to get rid of the religious nuts, traumatized peasantry and other shell shocked members of society.  This process started with the "pilgrims' onwards.  Most of the English, Scottish, and Irish who came over came either as indentured servants (that is white for slave), criminals, or the gaolers.  The mountainous regions of the Eastern United states is peopled with the survivors of the Highland Clearances and Culloden.  Parts of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland as well for that matter...

Australia served in a like manner for the Irish and English but for a much shorter while, and they were generally just the criminal and revolutionary types.

Perhaps but, at the same time, the vast majority of those criminals were petty thieves at worst, jailed for stealing food or other minor infractions. We're not talking about people genetically disposed toward anti-social behavior but, instead, people who were starving to death.

#20 2011-01-11 18:19:43

Just in case anyone honestly believes that conservatives have a lock on hate speech, death threats, and incitement to violence, please review the collective liberal mindset.

#21 2011-01-11 18:42:57

phreddy wrote:

Just in case anyone honestly believes that conservatives have a lock on hate speech, death threats, and incitement to violence, please review the collective liberal mindset.

The difference is that without Michelle Malkin's self-loathing help no one would ever have known about 99% of the things she posted.  FOX News has a national audience and spews the hate and nonsense 24 hours a day.   Rush, Hannity, Palin, Beck...all national figures.  It matters when Palin puts crosshairs on her web site. Shit posted by random bloggers hardly qualifies because no one sees it.

#22 2011-01-11 18:47:11

Nobody has a lock on hate speech, or violent speech.  Right now what matters is that people get a grip and take a more measured approach.  Present company included, ye who likes to use epithets and invective because you are frustrated when someone disagrees with you.  (And I note that you seem to be relying on Michelle Malkin to make a point, which seems foolhardy to say the least.)

#23 2011-01-11 18:53:05

phreddy wrote:

Clearly, the guy you linked to is a nutjob and, like all nutjobs, should not be taken seriously. Unlike right wing nutjobs, however, he's on the fringe and the Dems and the overwhelming majority of liberals and progressives don't pander to his ilk which means his fucked up opinions aren't taken as gospel or even as guideline for policy.

Have we got freaks? You betcha! I live in San Francisco; I see them all the time. Are they loud? You betcha! Are they annoying? You betcha! Do they frighten me? No, because unlike the right, they rarely, rarely advocate violence and those who do are regarded as fringe. 

Sorry Phredster.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that you have to go looking for left-wing nutjobs whereas all anyone has to do to to find their right-wing equivalents is turn on the television says a lot. I'll take my nutjobs over yours any day, provided I don't have to spend much time with them.

Last edited by Taint (2011-01-11 18:55:00)

#24 2011-01-11 19:24:23

That is the best you could come up with in two, no three days of searching? Phreddy, I am shocked. From your words on another thread I thought the minimum you had was at least one national figure of note who said SOMETHING. You fail. I see more bile in one visit to FOX. Come on Phreddy. Show me something substantial. Show me something that makes me think you could be right. The sad fact is, you can't. Because, although the left most definitely disagrees with much of what you and yours stand for, the vast majority would never stoop to the tactics of their counterparts on the right. They just wouldn't. And your days of searching for proof otherwise prove me correct. You came up with nothing to prove your point. You simply found a few has-beens and a few nutters who spout what your national figures rely on for their daily bread. Although you won't dare to admit it, the endless hours of hate filled rhetoric that have gone on for years from the right's talking heads have finally caught up with them. Even if this nutjob was not motivated by that hate, America has now focused on what they have been hearing from the right. And it is not just the Limbaughs and the Becks. It is the vice presidential nominee as well as many other elected officials. The Right has lost it's way, and apparently they felt the only way to find home again was to assassinate their opponents with words. Angry, violent words, which, in the end, have created a rift which will be very hard to cross. The only chance I see for the Right to make amends is for the politicians in this country to step up and be honest, with themselves and this country, and admit that it is time for the hate filled rhetoric, and those who spew it most loudly, to be removed from our faces. Allowing these same people to continue with what they have been saying for so long only shows the true colors of your once great party.

#25 2011-01-11 19:25:09

Taint wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Clearly, the guy you linked to is a nutjob and, like all nutjobs, should not be taken seriously. Unlike right wing nutjobs, however, he's on the fringe and the Dems and the overwhelming majority of liberals and progressives don't pander to his ilk which means his fucked up opinions aren't taken as gospel or even as guideline for policy.

Have we got freaks? You betcha! I live in San Francisco; I see them all the time. Are they loud? You betcha! Are they annoying? You betcha! Do they frighten me? No, because unlike the right, they rarely, rarely advocate violence and those who do are regarded as fringe. 

Sorry Phredster.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that you have to go looking for left-wing nutjobs whereas all anyone has to do to to find their right-wing equivalents is turn on the television says a lot. I'll take my nutjobs over yours any day, provided I don't have to spend much time with them.

Did you actually go to the link I posted?  It was a lengthy compendium of left wing violence toward conservatives capped at the last by mug shots of violent perps.  Are these the nutjobs you plan take over mine?

Sometimes I think liberals are so caught up in self deception that they actually believe left wing radicals are doing righteous work.

#26 2011-01-11 19:25:23

The left wing nutjobs are far more likely to have the government initiate force against people and their property rather than do it themselves.  The right wing nutjobs are far more likely to point their own guns at you to get their way.  Both of them suck cock (no offense Taint).  Both groups need to stop initiating force against people and their property regardless of whether they do it directly or indirectly.

#27 2011-01-11 19:33:26

Perhaps you wouldn't need to issue a disclaimer if you stated that both sides slurp ass!

#28 2011-01-11 19:48:26

fnord wrote:

Perhaps you wouldn't need to issue a disclaimer if you stated that both sides slurp ass!

I'm sorry I left you out too Fnord!!  We all know how much you like your cock!

#29 2011-01-11 23:44:10

Phreddy, the only person who suffers from self-deception seems to be you. You look at something totally inconsequential and you act as if that proves that the left is the same as the Right. It is not.

The left has not:

1) Used gun sights as a visible symbol for overthrow of a particular candidate.

2) Used terms like "reload" as a way to rile up their constituents.

3) Used the 2nd amendment to the constitution as a possibly necessary next step if they don't get their way.

I will freely admit that the left is not perfect. Far from it. However, what I see from the left as a group is people who are concerned about their fellow Americans health and well-being. The right simply says get it yourself. Don't take mine. Don't look to me for help. America is in a sad state, and neither party is innocent. But the Right has come up with a plan that fractures America into at least two opposing camps (3 now if you count the Tea Party), and they offer nothing in the way of compromise to make things better. They simply want to take their toys and go home rather than work to make a better America. The right regularly uses their "god" as an excuse, even though, if they actually read the bible, they would see that what Jesus supposedly taught was more closely related to socialism than it is to any other form of government. I think, as a people, we are better than what we have shown lately.

What I notice about High-Street, and I guess what appeals to me about all the debates on here, is that we are able to have a discussion about a wide variety of topics, with many different viewpoints, and we are able to have that conversation without hatred and bigotry (well except for the exception). Wouldn't it be a better world if our government could do the same?

#30 2011-01-12 12:25:56

I don't know what to make of this...thoughts anyone?

#31 2011-01-12 12:36:05

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

The left has not:

3) Used the 2nd amendment to the constitution as a possibly necessary next step if they don't get their way.

Sorry to say, you are wrong about all of these.  As for the second amendment, this is exactly why our founders included it.  If ever the government attempts to strip away the rights of its citizens, we, the citizens, are obliged to take up arms against the government.

http://american-conservativevalues.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/BP_0405_heartland1.gif

Democratic Congressman on GOP Gov. Rick Scott: 'They ought to put him against a wall and shoot him.'

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/killbush003.jpg

Last edited by phreddy (2011-01-12 12:57:06)

#32 2011-01-12 13:15:46

phreddy wrote:

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

The left has not:

Sorry to say, you are wrong about all of these.  As for the second amendment, this is exactly why our founders included it.  If ever the government attempts to strip away the rights of its citizens, we, the citizens, are obliged to take up arms against the government.

http://american-conservativevalues.com/ … tland1.gif

Democratic Congressman on GOP Gov. Rick Scott: 'They ought to put him against a wall and shoot him.'

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/imag … ush003.jpg

Wow,  Are you suggesting that the 2nd amendment comment referred to in Pussy's list was acceptable? That anything our current  democratically elected government has done or proposed to do actually rises to the level where it meets your test in your comment?  Where you  advocate taking up arms against our county's government? For what again? What egregious crimes against the citizenry do you perceive to be being committed by the current party in power?

Jebus, the current administration is so much more like the previous administration then those talking head pundits who wish to polarize the issues for their own gain would lead you to believe.

What are you really that much a tool? So easily led, such a good soldier just following orders?

What a disappointment, Phred.

#33 2011-01-12 13:16:53

Phred - your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is dead wrong.  The framers never intended for arms to be taken up against the government.  They needed to give citizens the right to bear arms so they they could have them if they needed to ASSIST the government in warding off any outside threats.  Yes, there is plenty of evidence to support this interpretation.  The founding fathers were all gentried landowners.  The last thing they would have wanted was the working class to unite and try to usurp their way of life.

#34 2011-01-12 14:17:02

headkicker_girl wrote:

phreddy wrote:

The difference is that without Michelle Malkin's self-loathing help no one would ever have known about 99% of the things she posted.  FOX News has a national audience and spews the hate and nonsense 24 hours a day.   Rush, Hannity, Palin, Beck...all national figures.  It matters when Palin puts crosshairs on her web site. Shit posted by random bloggers hardly qualifies because no one sees it.

Just ask yourself this question: "If Palin hadn't used scope crosshairs to indicate which congressional districts to focus on in the next election, would this be a political issue?" There has been ZERO indication that Jared ever saw that chart or took any meaning from it. Yet the media have turned it into the focal point of the "debate".

Remember the DC Sniper? We all spent weeks running scared from "white vans" because the media kept saying that they were seen in the vicinity. Yet the sniper was actually driving a brown sedan.

All I am saying is respect yourself and be bright enough to see that you are being steered in a particular direction by the politicos. I thought we all learned in elementary school to ignore the "Does your Mama know you eat your boogers?" type questions as beneath our dignity.

#35 2011-01-12 14:20:05

headkicker_girl wrote:

Phred - your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is dead wrong.  The framers never intended for arms to be taken up against the government.  They needed to give citizens the right to bear arms so they they could have them if they needed to ASSIST the government in warding off any outside threats.  Yes, there is plenty of evidence to support this interpretation.  The founding fathers were all gentried landowners.  The last thing they would have wanted was the working class to unite and try to usurp their way of life.

Dead wrong?  What say we ask some constitutional scholars more knowledgeable than you.

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms." -- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them." -- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops. -- Noah Webster

#36 2011-01-12 14:38:57

phreddy wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

Dead wrong?  What say we ask some constitutional scholars more knowledgeable than you.

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms." -- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them." -- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops. -- Noah Webster

Try looking at some of the cases actually interpreting the second amendment...not just quotes taken out of context.  Also, there is good information out there about the framer's intent.  I don't have time to do the research for you...I'm on my way out the door.

#37 2011-01-12 14:40:20

GooberMcNutly wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Just ask yourself this question: "If Palin hadn't used scope crosshairs to indicate which congressional districts to focus on in the next election, would this be a political issue?" There has been ZERO indication that Jared ever saw that chart or took any meaning from it. Yet the media have turned it into the focal point of the "debate".

Remember the DC Sniper? We all spent weeks running scared from "white vans" because the media kept saying that they were seen in the vicinity. Yet the sniper was actually driving a brown sedan.

All I am saying is respect yourself and be bright enough to see that you are being steered in a particular direction by the politicos. I thought we all learned in elementary school to ignore the "Does your Mama know you eat your boogers?" type questions as beneath our dignity.

The DC sniper was national coverage.  You are affirming my point.  Palin's shit matters more than some leftist bloggers shit purely because of exposure.

#38 2011-01-12 15:08:52

HK wrote:

Try looking at some of the cases actually interpreting the second amendment...not just quotes taken out of context.  Also, there is good information out there about the framer's intent.  I don't have time to do the research for you...I'm on my way out the door.

We're not arguing the merits and case history of the amendment.  We are arguing the original justification for having it in the constitution.  The constitution is a set of limitations on the power of a central government.  The framers knew all too well that it could grow so big as to dictate to rather than take orders from the populace.  The right to keep and bear arms is another limitation on the power of the federal government.

#39 2011-01-12 16:23:41

I love it when a guy educated by Michelle Malkin goes all history and constitution on us.

#40 2011-01-12 17:00:09

Who's up for Beer Pong?

Ooops! Wrong thread. Sorry.

#41 2011-01-12 17:11:50

No beer pong, but I am pouring myself a little scotch at this very moment.  Drinking alone, alas.

http://www.liquorsnob.com/pictures/big_scotch_glass.jpg

Last edited by Fled (2011-01-12 17:13:23)

#42 2011-01-12 17:17:33

Fled wrote:

No beer pong, but I am pouring myself a little scotch at this very moment.  Drinking alone, alas.

http://www.liquorsnob.com/pictures/big_scotch_glass.jpg

That's the best way. It's half the price of a date and you're guaranteed sex!

#43 2011-01-12 17:40:04

Fled wrote:

I love it when a guy educated by Michelle Malkin goes all history and constitution on us.

Have another scotch and go to bed early.  Ask gawd to send you some friends and reason for living.

#44 2011-01-12 18:22:36

Phred, why do you hate America so much? You sound like you pal around with terrorists.

#45 2011-01-12 18:46:41

Tall Paul wrote:

Phred, why do you hate America so much? You sound like you pal around with terrorists.

I have no idea what you are talking about and for that matter I seldom find much rationality in your posts Paul.  Fled can be a pompous twit, but at least he's rational.  You, on the other hand.....

#46 2011-01-12 18:58:42

What an amazing coincidence!

Edit: Interesting read with all the shit throwing going on

I find it fascinating that the smallest example of mindless vitriolic speech causes you to descend into a tit for tat ad hominem attack. Whether or not Sarah or Rush motivated the Arizona shooter is pretty much beside the point. The real lesson is that those who needlessly throw firebombs on the public stage are acting irresponsibly, and need to take a few lessons in the ancient art of Shut The Fuck Up.

Last edited by Tall Paul (2011-01-12 19:30:08)

#47 2011-01-12 19:22:43

I asked a simple question which you very neatly avoided, so I will ask it again. Wouldn't this be a better country if EVERYONE could work for compromise instead of only looking at their point of view and never bothering to listen to the other side?

I also asked for examples of democratic NATIONAL figures using cross hairs or violent rhetoric to make their point. My examples were made by a vice-presidential candidate. Yours were from an non-referenced location, probably some blog. When a vice-presidential candidate uses such hateful rhetoric, it is far more worrisome than some no one with a blog somewhere. You did give one good example, and I thank you for that. But the rest of your argument is pretty lame.

And you chose not to answer the most basic part of my premise, which was that the left seems to care about the health and well-being of all Americans, while the Right seems to be self-centered and non-caring. They also seem to be far more interested in killing and war than in helping America become a better place for all. I come from a family of staunch republicans and although I love my parents dearly, I disagree with them completely on what needs to happen in this country. They are only interested in themselves and could care less about others. I, on the other hand, believe that America is better than that. Call me crazy, but that's how I feel.

#48 2011-01-12 20:38:33

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

I asked a simple question which you very neatly avoided, so I will ask it again. Wouldn't this be a better country if EVERYONE could work for compromise instead of only looking at their point of view and never bothering to listen to the other...

Pussy, I believe you can blame the collapse of this great nation on me. I was supposed to buy the world a coke, but got cheap and sent Africa Fanta instead. I think I fucked up world harmony. My bad!

Last edited by Banjo (2011-01-12 20:56:12)

#49 2011-01-12 21:07:45

Banjo wrote:

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

I asked a simple question which you very neatly avoided, so I will ask it again. Wouldn't this be a better country if EVERYONE could work for compromise instead of only looking at their point of view and never bothering to listen to the other...

Pussy, I believe you can blame the collapse of this great nation on me. I was supposed to buy the world a coke, but got cheap and sent Africa Fanta instead. I think I fucked up world harmony. My bad!

Oh, you're the one.

#50 2011-01-12 21:36:05

Um...it might have been me.  I might have raided the "take a penny/leave a penny" dish in a 7-11 back around 1974, and set off a chain reaction...

I'm really, really sorry...

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Interesting read with all the shit throwing going on

Board footer

cruelery.com