#51 2011-03-15 19:51:57

choad wrote:

Oh noes!

http://www.spaceghetto.org/images/urfqwaykes.png

This map, courtesy of spaceghetto, pinpoints the 3 major earthquakes circling the Pacific basin, aka the "Ring of Fire", over the past 13 months.

Point A is the 8.8Mw Chilean earthquake on 2/27/10.  Point B is the 7.1Mw Christchurch, New Zealand earthquake on 9/4/10.  Point C is the 9.0Mw Sendai earthquake last Friday. 

Point D, otherwise known as the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

Nature loves symmetry. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, Dusty.

We were talking about this today.  We live in a brick house.  Probably toast if we don't move.

#52 2011-03-15 20:04:35

phreddy wrote:

How the hell are these people going to deal with this devastation?

The same way they did with this....

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_tokyo.jpg

Downtown Tokyo - March 10th, 1945

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#53 2011-03-15 20:15:42

Actual experts in nuke sciences and reactor engineering have decided to rewrite the post flushing along the tubes of the internets.

#54 2011-03-15 20:25:25

Scotty wrote:

Damn, I had a nice houseboat joke but was beaten to posting the pic.

It looks more like a high speed island ferry to me. It may be livable inside but the view would suck.

#55 2011-03-15 21:37:10

Fled,

Radio is awash, and leftist message board members elsewhere are positively giddy with thoughts of squashing nuclear power,  with people decrying nuclear technology with a, "See!  See?!  We told you!" tone and the inevitable clamp down on nuclear is well under way in Washington from what I hear in passing.

This is such an "isolated" hyper incident that to declare nuclear dead is the height of leftist bullshit.

#56 2011-03-15 23:40:34

Scotty wrote:

Fled,

Radio is awash, and leftist message board members elsewhere are positively giddy with thoughts of squashing nuclear power,  with people decrying nuclear technology with a, "See!  See?!  We told you!" tone and the inevitable clamp down on nuclear is well under way in Washington from what I hear in passing.

This is such an "isolated" hyper incident that to declare nuclear dead is the height of leftist bullshit.

It's more of a case of a rational weighing of costs and benefits, and nuclear comes up short on the benefits side. When you figure out what to do with nuclear waste, and how to avoid catastrophic accidents that render wide areas unlivable, come back and talk to me.

#57 2011-03-16 09:04:31

Scotty wrote:

Fled,

My reaction is to wonder why you are so determined to cast everything as left vs. right.  Conservative might just mean cautious.  From what I have heard, most democrats are not saying that nuclear is dead at all, rather, that the current events need to be evaluated, hearings held, etc., so that we can be sure that we won't have a serious failure in one of our own plants.  They also are saying, at least the ones that I have heard, that nuclear is going to be part of or energy production for a long time to come.  That seems entirely appropriate to me.

I have heard some skepticism expressed about permit applications to extend the lives of some old-generation nuclear plants.  I don't know the technologies or even geographical locations involved for most of the plants, so I won't comment.  I do think it would be foolish not to take a breath and see if all necessary safety measure and design considerations, including a review of back-up power systems and storage facilities for spent fuel have been incorporated. 

On the flip side, I have heard several pundits (not so much politicians) insisting that all bases are already covered, therefore we need not miss a beat in approving the currently pending applications.  I find these guys completely unconvincing.  (One of the permits is to re-license the San Onofre plant, originally built in the 1970s. San Onofre is very near a significant fault.)

Last edited by Fled (2011-03-16 09:05:52)

#58 2011-03-16 09:16:20

choad wrote:

Boat looks good to go, and livable.

I saw that and all I thought of was that the builder of the house ought to get the contract to rebuild the rest of them. You couldn't park a ferry on top of any houses around here, that's for sure.

I read another interesting article today that says that the biggest danger right now isn't from the nuclear reactors, it's from all of the other shit that got pulled from the ocean floor and the businesses on shore and all mixed up from the tsunami. Millions of tons of industrial waste, toxic mud and the like came up from dumping grounds a mile or so from shore and mixed with the contents of industrial tanks, corrosive salt water, fuel oil and other manufacturing debris and byproducts and is now coating the land for miles in every direction. Essentially a 200 mile by 10 mile superfund site. All of that has to be dealt with before then can start digging foundations.

But look at the bright side: There will be enough debris to remove that they could build a whole new island next to Tokyo.

#59 2011-03-16 09:23:28

Paul,

Seriously.  You are a fucking douche of the highest order.  I debated whether to even respond with an insult.

Fled wrote:

My reaction is to wonder why you are so determined to cast everything as left vs. right.  Conservative might just mean cautious.  From what I have heard, most democrats are not saying that nuclear is dead at all, rather, that the current events need to be evaluated, hearings held, etc., so that we can be sure that we won't have a serious failure in one of our own plants.  They also are saying, at least the ones that I have heard, that nuclear is going to be part of or energy production for a long time to come.  That seems entirely appropriate to me.

I have heard some skepticism expressed about permit applications to extend the lives of some old-generation nuclear plants.  I don't know the technologies or even geographical locations involved for most of the plants, so I won't comment.  I do think it would be foolish not to take a breath and see if all necessary safety measure and design considerations, including a review of back-up power systems and storage facilities for spent fuel have been incorporated. 

On the flip side, I have heard several pundits (not so much politicians) insisting that all bases are already covered, therefore we need not miss a beat in approving the currently pending applications.  I find these guys completely unconvincing.  (One of the permits is to re-license the San Onofre plant, originally built in the 1970s. San Onofre is very near a significant fault.)

I'm not determined, just calling a spade a spade.  The leftists that I tend to come in "contact" with are positively giddy about shutting down nuclear production and the undercurrent of their tone is one of crippling evil corporations layered with the thinnest of safety veneers.

I will cautiously say that on current permit applications that those plants are probably magnitudes(see what I did there) better in technology and location to not be worth getting in a huff about.

On your last point I will agree that plants that are of the same age and generation of diesel back-up powered safety measures as Japan ought to be examined to make sure they are good to go.  San Onofre is a good example and it does mirror the Japanese situation in a "perfect storm" scenario but really, honestly?  A 9.0 AND a fucking monster tsunami?  Lighting striking twice in my opinion.

The last point which hasn't been addressed much is the Three Mile Island/Chernobyl divide.  Japan looks to be worse than TMI and television, from my reading about hysterical news coverage since I lack cable, has been pushing and hyping the populace into believing Japan is facing three or four Chernobyl level incidents.  Unfortunately this just CANNOT happen.  Chernobyl was built without a containment vessel( pay attention, Paul, you fuckwit) which all of the Japanese reactors have.  The Japanese are not facing the possibility of the entire island becoming uninhabitable yet the media in this country are whipping certain political elements into a frenzy and it is generating unnecessary hysteria about what is relatively safe and 50/50 arguably cost effective power generation.

#60 2011-03-16 10:50:54

Go douche yourself, fuckwit. Clean all the positively giddy thoughts of the height of leftist bullshit out of your pussy and relax. Then take a deep breath and come up with a way to deal with radioactive waste.  As I (calmly) said before, in my opinion the risks of nuclear energy outweigh the costs and benefits. Particularly so when you factor in the costs of deconstruction and disposal. Why not use energy production methods that don't have catastrophic failure modes? They're not exactly difficult to find.

By the way, the Japanese reactors have the same flimsy containment that GE came up with more than 30 years ago and sold to American utilities, several of which are in earthquake/tsunami zones as well. One of them has apparently failed already, we'll know more in the next few days. The JADF sent a helicopter to dump water into a cooling pond nearby but it had to shear off due to high levels of radiation. Want to meet in Tokyo and discuss it over a beer?

Last edited by Tall Paul (2011-03-16 10:52:46)

#61 2011-03-16 11:10:07

You are a paean an acme of scream
a lyric hat of Mister Thunder
O resound thy tanky knees
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
BOOM ye skies and BOOM ye suns
nights ye BOOM ye days ye BOOM
BOOM BOOM ye winds ye clouds ye rains
go BANG ye lakes ye oceans BING ...
Yes Yes into our midst a bomb will fall.

#62 2011-03-16 11:18:02

Nice one.

Hey Roger_That.

#63 2011-03-16 11:18:27

Tall Paul wrote:

By the way, the Japanese reactors have the same flimsy containment that GE came up with more than 30 years ago and sold to American utilities, several of which are in earthquake/tsunami zones as well. One of them has apparently failed already, we'll know more in the next few days. The JADF sent a helicopter to dump water into a cooling pond nearby but it had to shear off due to high levels of radiation. Want to meet in Tokyo and discuss it over a beer?

The outer containment structures have been damaged by the hydrogen explosions but the interior containment units are reportedly operational and functional.

WRT to helicopters being waved off a cursory glance at news stories today says that radiation levels are dropping instead of rising so maybe with water cannon being deployed those whirlybirds will get in and do their job soon.

#64 2011-03-16 11:21:05

'They've lost control': French claim Japan is hiding full scale of nuclear disaster as TWO more reactors heat up.

#65 2011-03-16 11:22:01

Scotty wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

The outer containment structures have been damaged by the hydrogen explosions but the interior containment units are reportedly operational and functional.

WRT to helicopters being waved off a cursory glance at news stories today says that radiation levels are dropping instead of rising so maybe with water cannon being deployed those whirlybirds will get in and do their job soon.

Damn Scotty, I hope so!

#66 2011-03-16 11:45:02

Start your bitching, Ugly American-style.

#67 2011-03-16 12:10:25

I hadn't read Corso for a long time.  This one is has some great passages.  I like:

I do not know just how horrible Bombdeath is   I can only imagine
      Yet no other death I know has so laughable a preview   I scope
      a city   New York City   streaming   starkeyed   subway shelter
        Scores and scores   A fumble of humanity   High heels bend
            Hats whelming away   Youth forgetting their combs
          Ladies not knowing what to do   with their shopping bags
            Unperturbed gum machines   Yet dangerous 3rd rail
          Ritz Brothers   from the Bronx   caught in the A train
                The smiling Schenley poster will always smile
                   Impish death   Satyr Bomb   Bombdeath
                     Turtles exploding over Istanbul

#68 2011-03-16 14:20:30

https://cruelery.com/img/ultraman-tsunami.jpg

Malaysia paper apologises over tsunami cartoon

#69 2011-03-16 22:00:25

Here's some background information on TEPCO's history of cover-ups and the way the Japanese nuclear industry likes to operate.

#70 2011-03-16 22:54:05

Our marketing and legal departments have decided that our public web site, which displays images of ocean waves, is horrible and must be changed.

I walked out of the meeting...

#71 2011-03-16 23:05:28

Tall Paul wrote:

Here's some background information on TEPCO's history of cover-ups and the way the Japanese nuclear industry likes to operate.

Please don't hurt yourself reaching so far...

#72 2011-03-16 23:58:59

Dog in Japan refuses to leave its injured friend:

#73 2011-03-19 15:54:16

#75 2011-03-22 19:16:40

661. Earthquake of Japan (3/14/2011)

The March 11, 2011 earthquake in Japan was created by the Pentagon, I believe.

Artificial earthquake is a matured technique and had been used in my case several times. (see  “503. Earthquake in Peru (8/18/07)”, “518. Earthquake after wildfire (11/3/07)”, “552. Setting off an earthquake is a mature technique (6/14/08)” )

This big earthquake damaged several nuclear power stations in Japan. Officials presumed that partial meltdowns had occurred at two crippled reactors and that they were facing serious cooling problems at three more.

I allege it is the continuation of the series “nuclear terror attack” plot started later last year. The purpose is to push up a panic in public to justify the war on Iran. Iran is accused of developing nuclear weapons by the US though Iran denies it.

There were at least three times later last year that the Feds intended to activate a “nuclear terror attack” in US.

1.    Later October 2010, days before 11/2 mid-term election. The plot was signaled with “Yemen UPS parcel bombing” case.

2.    Christmas holiday 2010. The plot was signaled by Wikileaks case. (Which was planned to control the Internet communication, to wipe out my year long revelation) Military conflict between North and South Korea and two big snow storms in London and New York. The cities were selected because people there mostly anti-war and demand 911 truth.

3.    February 26, 2011. The plot was signaled with two unusual snow storms in San Francisco Bay area and New York on 2/25. (see all these plots from posts starting from #651)

A recent case exposed where the “nuclear bomb” or “dirty bomb” material of the coming “terror attack”  comes from. That topic told you why US almost have a warfare with its ally – Pakistan.

CIA Spy Captured Giving Nuclear Bomb To Terrorists

…………….
http://www.eutimes.net/2011/02/cia-spy- … errorists/   

#76 2011-03-22 19:30:29

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/21_earthquake_pills_p.gif

#77 2011-03-22 22:37:46

https://cruelery.com/img/godzilla.jpg

In Search of Godzilla

#78 2011-03-23 13:13:56

I'm sure that by now everyone has seen this little gem:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/blag/radiation.png

#79 2011-03-23 19:35:13

I'll be swilling beer with (among others) my radiation oncologist student tonight. I'll be interested in his take on the situation, especially the radioactive iodine in the Tokyo tap water that was reported yesterday.

#80 2011-03-23 19:47:20

So I’ve always wanted to go to Japan, but I never could afford it.  So are there good deals now? 
It seems like a good time to go with the added bonus of massive devastation.

And the first thing I thought of was the Mysterians.

#83 2011-03-26 00:02:58

After an earthquake, a tsunami, anxiety over potential radiation contamination, and having to spend the winter in makeshift shelters or their cars for the next few months, I think he should just send the joints to the survivors.  I'm sure they're depressed and would welcome some good bud to help them cope.

#84 2011-03-26 01:03:50

fnord wrote:

After an earthquake, a tsunami, anxiety over potential radiation contamination, and having to spend the winter in makeshift shelters or their cars for the next few months, I think he should just send the joints to the survivors.  I'm sure they're depressed and would welcome some good bud to help them cope.

I know I would!

#85 2011-04-04 23:53:51

More slo-mo disaster: aerials of the tsunami waves.

http://freevideocoding.com/flvplayer.sw … start=true

#86 2011-04-08 20:13:57

katsung47 wrote:

661. Earthquake of Japan (3/14/2011)

The March 11, 2011 earthquake in Japan was created by the Pentagon, I believe.

Artificial earthquake is a matured technique and had been used in my case several times. (see  “503. Earthquake in Peru (8/18/07)”, “518. Earthquake after wildfire (11/3/07)”, “552. Setting off an earthquake is a mature technique (6/14/08)” )

This big earthquake damaged several nuclear power stations in Japan. Officials presumed that partial meltdowns had occurred at two crippled reactors and that they were facing serious cooling problems at three more.

I allege it is the continuation of the series “nuclear terror attack” plot started later last year. The purpose is to push up a panic in public to justify the war on Iran. Iran is accused of developing nuclear weapons by the US though Iran denies it.

There were at least three times later last year that the Feds intended to activate a “nuclear terror attack” in US.

1.    Later October 2010, days before 11/2 mid-term election. The plot was signaled with “Yemen UPS parcel bombing” case.

2.    Christmas holiday 2010. The plot was signaled by Wikileaks case. (Which was planned to control the Internet communication, to wipe out my year long revelation) Military conflict between North and South Korea and two big snow storms in London and New York. The cities were selected because people there mostly anti-war and demand 911 truth.

3.    February 26, 2011. The plot was signaled with two unusual snow storms in San Francisco Bay area and New York on 2/25. (see all these plots from posts starting from #651)

A recent case exposed where the “nuclear bomb” or “dirty bomb” material of the coming “terror attack”  comes from. That topic told you why US almost have a warfare with its ally – Pakistan.

CIA Spy Captured Giving Nuclear Bomb To Terrorists

…………….
http://www.eutimes.net/2011/02/cia-spy- … errorists/   

That's why European Parliament quickly issued warnings on HAARP 11 days after the Japan earthquake.
Quote, "European Parliament issues warnings on HAARP

March 22, 2011

“HAARP is a project of which the public is almost completely unaware, and this needs to be remedied.”

Toronto, Canada – [ZNN] The daily lives of people seem blissfully unaffected by events about which they know little or nothing. Daily news reports unfold with no mention as to why and how the powerful operate behind the scenes. We pay our mortgages, book our vacations and school our children, as a corporate and government elite engage in projects beyond our wildest imaginations.

Conditioned to accept that ‘all is well’ or, that we are powerless to affect change in a world dis-integrating before our eyes – we conduct our lives until one day it affects us directly – unfortunately by then it’s far too late.

Ask the people of northern Japan how they feel about the last three sentences and the answers they now seek in the aftermath of unimaginable loss and yet another future generation desecrated and ravaged by nuclear radiation.

A European Parliament document may provide a few answers for the inquiring mind. This parliamentary document is not some conspiratorial rant but an official governmental perspective describing authentic concern that a terribly grave technology, which the document calls a weapon, has been unleashed over many years without any public knowledge.

The technology is called HAARP and the European Parliament has put NATO, the US Air Force and Navy on notice, demanding an explanation about their involvement.
One of the most damning statements in the document reveals an American refusal to account for itself regarding HAARP research:

“[The European Parliament]… regrets the repeated refusal of the United States Administration to send anyone in person to give evidence to the public hearing or any subsequent meeting held by its competent committee into the environmental and public risks connected with the high Frequency Active Auroral Research Project (HAARP) programme currently being funded in Alaska.”

http://letsrollforums.com/european-parl … 24872.html
--------------------------

#87 2011-04-11 07:07:27

#88 2011-04-12 02:54:43

Japan raises nuclear crisis to same level as Chernobyl

Last edited by Tall Paul (2011-04-12 02:55:01)

#89 2011-04-12 06:52:17

Scotty wrote:

It turns out the containment around the core (the inner cladding) at least partially failed on two of the reactors as of mid-March. 

http://www.livescience.com/13271-contai … tions.html

There are also more recent reports that inner containment at a third reactor has partially failed.  While they still appear to be containing significant portions of their radioactive materials, it is not clear how long or how well they will function as fires and explosions continue.

#91 2011-04-16 14:11:09

Harvey12;2159827 wrote:

Fukushima 1 nuclear plant emergency has placed the World in a dilemma..

When Pentagon had hundreds of nuke tests in 1950s, each test would have released much more radiation material into the air, why the media kept silence then? It seems they are creating a nuke panic now. Beware of a false flag nuke attack that used to justify Iran war.

#92 2011-04-25 19:50:04

A news two years ago has reported the intention to extort Japan with HAARP caused earthquake. At that time, the news might to viewed as crazy for some people. When the 3/11 earthquake took place, that news has been proved true. Now it’s for Iran war – to wage a public panic on coming “dirty bomb attack”.

Quote, "Western Bankers Threatened Japan with HAARP Eco-Destruction a Year Before China Quakes
Tuesday, June 3 (2008)

Constructed by the US Navy and Army in Alaska's bush country during the early 80s, the Pentagon's widely acknowledged high-tech "sky zapper" also can rattle the earth's substructure. But while the Defense Department acknowledges the program's existence, officials are keeping the "pandora's box" that is HAARP--High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program--classified.

Formerly a well-traveled Far East correspondent for Forbes magazine, Fulford, fluent in Japanese, is hosting What is This?, his weekly podcast from Tokyo, and alleges "Hazel" Takana, Japan's finance minister, told him in 2007 "a group of American and European oligarchs" threatened to strike the country with manufactured earthquakes unless he ceded control of the Japanese banking system.

http://milkhouse-mouse.blogspot.com/200 … -with.html

#93 2011-05-04 15:57:23

HAARP & Weather Control

Date: 04-04-11
Host: George Noory
Guests: Brooks Agnew, Oliver Williams 

Electrical engineer and researcher Brooks Agnew talked about Project HAARP-styled technology, used by the U.S., China and Russia to artificially manipulate the ionosphere & weather, and potentially control populations and armies. By using different frequencies, HAARP technology can cause structures in the ground to vibrate, bringing on geologic effects such as earthquakes, he explained. The recent quake in Japan might have been induced this way, he speculated, adding that of the countries that have this technology, China would have the most to gain by Japan's loss. There were also signs (a lavender colored sky) just before the quakes in Chile and Haiti that indicate possible involvement of the technology, he added.

Using HAARP technology to manipulate the weather is the "perfect weapon" that leaves no fingerprints-- "It's [viewed as] an act of God that comes in and directs a hurricane into your path, or starves you out of rain for a couple years, or causes a summer of heat so bad that your wheat cooks into dust," Agnew commented (he demonstrated some of this technology on an episode of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura). HAARP techniques have also been applied as a non-lethal weapon/psychological operation during wartime, as well as possible experiments on civilians, he detailed.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2011/04/04

#94 2011-05-15 13:54:46

How Japan earthquake induced by HAARP:

Quote, "US government takes down HAARP website to conceal evidence of US weather modification and earthquake inducing warfare.
Monday, April 18th, 2011

Updated April 21, 2011 – The HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) website has been down for the past 3 weeks. It was ordered taken down by the US government to conceal US weather modification and earthquake inducing warfare activities against foreign states.
……………..

HAARP’s magnetometer can be used to predict as well as give evidence of a HAARP created earthquake. A magnetometer measures disturbances in the magnetic field in Earth’s upper atmosphere. HAARP was broadcasting a 2.5 Hz frequency (the signature frequency of an earthquake) from just before midnight on March 8, 2011 and continued to broadcast the frequency for the entire days of March 9, 2011 and March 10, 2011. The 2.5 Hz frequency continued to be broadcasted and recorded by the magnetometer for another 10 hours the day of the Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake.

Scientists at the HAARP institute discovered that a 2.5 Hz radio frequency is the signature frequency of an earthquake. Since this discovery the HAARP phased array antennas have been used by the US military to beam the earthquake frequency into the ionosphere and the ionosphere reflects it back to Earth – penetrating as deeply as several kilometers into the ground, depending on the geological makeup and subsurface water conditions in a targeted area.. By beaming the frequency at a specific trajectory HAARP can trigger an earthquake any place on Earth. A short burst isn’t enough to disturb solid matter (the Earth crust) so they keep beaming the 2.5 Hz earthquake frequency for hours or days – until the desired effect is achieved.

The Environmental Modification Convention (ENMOD) prohibits the military or other hostile use of environmental modification techniques. It opened for signature on 18 May 1977 in Geneva and entered into force on 5 October 1978. The Convention bans weather warfare, which is the use of weather modification techniques for the purposes of inducing damage or destruction.

Evidence from HAARP’s own website revealed that the US government was acting in violation of the ENMOD treaty – use of weather modification techniques (HAARP) for the purposes of inducing damage or destruction. HAARP broadcasting data published on the HAARP website coincided with a number of recent major catastrophes such as the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the 2010 heatwave in Russia, the major floorings in 2010 in China and Pakistan and the major earthquakes in Haiti and Japan – all occurred since US president and commander-in-chief of the United States military Barack Hussein Obama took office.

The Japan 9.0 earthquake offered the most damaging evidence of the US government using HAARP to induce major damage and destruction against a foreign state. HAARP’s magnetometer data showed the World that HAARP (jointly managed by the US Air Force and the US Navy) began broadcasting the earthquake inducing frequency of 2.5 Hz on March 8, 2011 and continued to broadcast the frequency for the entire days of March 9, 2011 and March 10, 2011. HAARP wasn’t turned off until 10 hours after the Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake that was triggered on Friday, March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC.

……………..

Update April 21, 2011
Under pressure from the International community the HAARP website is up again. No data is available from April 7 to April 12, 2011. Data before and after shows the signature frequency of an earthquake (2.5Hz) being transmitted. Also shows energy spikes which indicates active weather modification. Now that the website is up again you can view the data for the Japan earthquake at http://137.229.36.30/cgi-bin/scmag/d...g.cgi?20110311.

http://letsrollforums.com/u-s-governmen … 25138.html

#95 2011-05-15 22:45:35

- Magnetometers are passive instruments.  They don't broadcast.
- 2.5 Hz has a wavelength of 120000 km.  A useful directional emitter for that frequency as radio would be bigger than the planet.  A simple, directional Yagi-Uda antenna for 2.5 Hz would have a driven element that is 60000 km long, and a reflector that is even longer.  The beam width would be wider than the planet at any distance far enough away that the thing wasn't easily visible and unable to be "targetted" at a point as small as our planet.
- the antenna would be visible from the ground, even if it was orbiting as far away as Saturn
- A 2.5 Hz radio wave would not be affected by the presence of the Earth as we are less than 1/2 a wavelength wide.  Such a wave would simply go around.  This effect is easily demonstrated.
- Most of the energy of an earthquake is released between 0.5 and 1.5 Hz.  A frequency as high as 2.5 Hz is grossly out-of-band for an earthquake.

Therefore, I call bullshit.

If you're going to make crazy shit up, at least *TRY* to look up the science.

#96 2011-05-15 23:50:33

peco wrote:

Thank you peco.

#97 2011-05-25 21:11:41

peco wrote:

- 2.5 Hz has a wavelength of 120000 km.

Try to fool people, don't you? Different material has its own frequency. e.g. a swing of a clock is one hertz, wavelenth is general less than a foot. So what is it of 120000km you said? Though I don't know the wave lenth of the resonant frequency of a plateform, I believe the saying of the referred article. Otherwise former Secretary of Defense became a lier in his news briefing that, "they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. "

What kind of antenna did they use to emit that eletromagnetic waves? Or you just pick up a number from Lilipol country?

#98 2011-05-25 21:55:29

katsung47 wrote:

peco wrote:

Try to fool people, don't you? Different material has its own frequency. e.g. a swing of a clock is one hertz, wavelenth is general less than a foot. So what is it of 120000km you said? Though I don't know the wave lenth of the resonant frequency of a plateform, I believe the saying of the referred article. Otherwise former Secretary of Defense became a lier in his news briefing that, "they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. "

What kind of antenna did they use to emit that eletromagnetic waves? Or you just pick up a number from Lilipol country?

It pains me to admit, but somewhere in that spew of verbiage Kat makes a valid point.  The propagation speed of an electromagnetic wave does depend on the material it's traveling through.  1 Hertz has a wavelength of 300,000 km in a vacuum.

However, A magnetometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the strength or direction of the magnetic field.

As to why Kat would believe anything that the Secretary of Defense says (I don't), or what the fuck Lilipol country is I haven't a clue.

#99 2011-05-26 00:22:03

opsec wrote:

katsung47 wrote:

peco wrote:

It pains me to admit, but somewhere in that spew of verbiage Kat makes a valid point.  The propagation speed of an electromagnetic wave does depend on the material it's traveling through.  1 Hertz has a wavelength of 300,000 km in a vacuum.

However, A magnetometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the strength or direction of the magnetic field.

As to why Kat would believe anything that the Secretary of Defense says (I don't), or what the fuck Lilipol country is I haven't a clue.

Your point is taken, Op, but an electromagnetic wave propagates in a medium according to the velocity factor of the medium (refractive index if you're talking optics, but it's the same basic thing).  The rocks within the earth have a velocity factor that is a pretty significant portion of 1, but let's say the earth is pretty opaque to electromagnetics... a velocity factor of 0.01... that's a vf that's lower than any material I can think of, but let's run with that.

A 1 Hz wave would then have a wavelength of 3000 km, and a basic transmitting antenna with any directivity would still be the size of the continental USA landmass... a bit smaller than the moon, and its beam width would still be bigger than the planet.  I build antennas all often.  This is an area in which I have considerable expertise.

Going into kat's raving, no different materials do not have their own "frequency".  The swing of a clock pendulum is NOT 1 Hz... the swing of a clock's pendulum is completely related to the length of the pendulum and the physics of that are well known to even a high school physics student.  1 Hz is convenient for a clock pendulum, but is not necessary.  A metronome is a pendulum that is variable and swings at whatever speed the user wants to set it at.

Nobody sane on the planet has ever made a claim that they can set off earthquakes by electromagnetic waves.  Never.  Hasn't happened.

The biggest steerable directional antenna I have ever seen was an amateur radio yagi for 3.5 MHz.  It was about half the size of a football field.  For 1 Hz, the antenna would be 3.5 million times bigger, by necessity.  You could tighten that up a bit with some fancy building techniques, but the thing would be immense, and would still not be effectively directional on the scale of the Earth.

The biggest stationary directional antennas most people see are the arrays for AM radio stations.  They cover acres, and are for stations between 540 kHz and 1.8 MHz.  Again, a 1 Hz directional antenna would 540000 to 1.8 million times bigger than those arrays.

There's a reason they don't transmit 60Hz power by RF.

Last edited by peco (2011-05-26 00:25:16)

#100 2011-05-26 02:28:52

peco wrote:

Your point is taken, Op, but an electromagnetic wave propagates in a medium according to the velocity factor of the medium (refractive index if you're talking optics, but it's the same basic thing).  The rocks within the earth have a velocity factor that is a pretty significant portion of 1, but let's say the earth is pretty opaque to electromagnetics... a velocity factor of 0.01... that's a vf that's lower than any material I can think of, but let's run with that.

A 1 Hz wave would then have a wavelength of 3000 km, and a basic transmitting antenna with any directivity would still be the size of the continental USA landmass... a bit smaller than the moon, and its beam width would still be bigger than the planet.  I build antennas all often.  This is an area in which I have considerable expertise.

After wikiing "velocity factor" I actually understand most of the first paragraph.  You're the second antenna geek I've run across recently.  Also ever. 

peco wrote:

Nobody sane on the planet...

This exonerates a very small portion of the population.

Board footer

cruelery.com