#51 2011-08-15 22:34:34

phreddy wrote:

Well, here you go.  Some positive movement on the riots from Parliament.
Ministers plan removal of rioters’ benefits

That's pretty much what I suggested at the top of this thread.

Of course, it requires a conviction, which is going to cost the Crown more money than they would ever get from stopping the benefits.

#53 2011-08-16 16:14:56

Yeah, that "shutting down social networking" shit is pretty scary.  I fucking hate Friendface (google it), but I hate draconian over-reactive censorship even more.

#54 2011-08-16 16:20:00

"A 20-year-old is due in court after police discover alleged plans for a Colchester water fight circulating on BBM and Facebook"

I tried to get some water sports started once on a BBW website--it's not the same thing. Shit got weird.

#55 2011-08-16 16:22:02

Apparently the British government is simply following in the footsteps of Iran, where water fights, and fun of any sort, is banned.

This month a water fight attended by thousands of young Iranians attracted the attention of Tehran's morality police and led to a series of arrests.

#56 2011-08-16 17:48:30

Keyword sniffing is keyword sniffing. They have been doing it since before 9/11. Watch every email going overseas and look for specific keywords about drugs, explosives or money.

Ofway oursecay, erethay areway implesay aysway otay onfusecay isthay ypetay ofway ystemsay.

Board footer

cruelery.com