#1 2011-08-15 02:49:31

#2 2011-08-15 07:30:48

You know that chick grows zucchini, and not just because she like them cut up and deep fried.

#3 2011-08-15 09:45:03

WTF is Rollergirl doing on Fox News?!?

#4 2011-08-15 09:45:43

PS-

Based on the awkward expressions on her face, I am thinking this girl is all moistened up just talking about this stuff.

#5 2011-08-15 12:30:36

You do know that Louis CK has a sitcom, right?
Louis C.K. Fox News Parody

#6 2011-08-15 14:42:02

Heh.

I stopped watching TV years ago.  So no, I didn't know he had a sitcom.

#7 2011-08-15 14:57:28

This stunt was a thing of beauty.  I loved his final line.  And so easy to hook those of you who are convinced that Fox is run by Xtian tight asses.

#8 2011-08-15 15:01:36

XregnaR wrote:

Heh.

I stopped watching TV years ago.  So no, I didn't know he had a sitcom.

Good for you. You aren't missing much. Two years ago Time Warner disconnected my cable for lack of payment. This was just after broadcast TV switched over to digital and I didn't have a converter box, so I did without, except for what I could download over my slow-ass DSL. Which, given enough time, can be much. The quality of what I watch has risen since then though. I recently bought a converter and I am not impressed by my local stations' offerings on their expanded channels. Having been without commercials for two years, they may drive me to take a baseball bat to my shiny new converter. If I want someone to yell at me to buy stuff, I'll remarry.

#9 2011-08-15 16:05:26

After years without anything but rabbit ears, I had to buy cable to get cable internet. I still never watched it until I got a DVR box. Now I watch what I want, when I want it, without commercials. When I get stuck in a hotel and watch real-time TV, I usually turn it off after 20 minutes. I just can't handle the commercials either.

#10 2011-08-15 16:14:16

GooberMcNutly wrote:

After years without anything but rabbit ears, I had to buy cable to get cable internet. I still never watched it until I got a DVR box. Now I watch what I want, when I want it, without commercials. When I get stuck in a hotel and watch real-time TV, I usually turn it off after 20 minutes. I just can't handle the commercials either.

Agreed.  DVR has made watching TV a pleasure.  I often search the late night schedule for good movies and record them.  I do the same for sports, news, or other programs I want to view and then watch only those portions I wish to see.  Every morning, before I jump in the shower, I turn on the news (yes, usually Fox) and pause it.  When I sit down to coffee I fast forward through the commercials and boring segments.

#11 2011-08-15 18:06:38

I threw my TV away in 1982 and didn't buy a new one until 1994.  Since then, I only watch it when I'm using the VCR/DVD/BRD player, and some over the air tv if the local NHL team is in the playoffs.  For all practical purposes, I haven't watched TV in 29 years, and as far as i can tell, I haven't really missed anything.

#12 2011-08-15 21:24:53

I dumped cable at least four or five years ago.  During this years Stanley Cup I bought an HDTV antenna to catch the local NBC affiliate Cup games.  I watched a few Wimbledon matches and may try to watch an episode of Hells Kitchen here and there.  Other than that I get by on Netflix and Amazon Instant for the one or two TV shows I might be interested in watching in real time.

Want to break yourself of cable?  Find a TV show that your friends have told you was the best thing since sliced bread but you missed out.  Rent it from Netflix and watch the entire run of the show in one week.  You will never pay for cable ever again.

#13 2011-08-15 22:05:12

Scotty wrote:

Rent it from Netflix

Netflix, the best euphemism for torrents!

Edit, I'm also going to masturbate to Liz Holtan and there's nothing she can do about it. 

Holy shit look at that url, who knows what the fuck is going on in this string.

Last edited by opsec (2011-08-15 22:12:10)

Board footer

cruelery.com