#1 2011-08-18 06:43:55

https://cruelery.com/uploads/13_maggie_goes_on_a_diet.jpg

Click to find out about the book that tells the heart-warming tale of a fat girl who learns how to become anorexic and thin!

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2011-08-18 10:15:24

What's wrong with teaching kids they have to eat healthy food and get some exercise? (Notice that the incensed blogger hasn't read the book and is only working on the 2 sentence blurb the publishing house provides.)

Are we so worried with their "mental image" of themselves that we are willing to award them diabetes and heart disease in it's stead?

Studies show that fat kids almost never become healthy adults.

#3 2011-08-19 01:18:11

Goob, the fat acceptance movement would like to have a word with you.

#4 2011-08-19 09:29:40

phoQ wrote:

Goob, the fat acceptance movement would like to have a word with you.

Sorry, I don't go to the Old Country Buffet, even for meetings.

#5 2011-08-19 12:31:06

When did healthy/thin become equated with Anorexic?  This seems to be a common defense amongst the land manatees grazing at the local oinkfest buffet tables.

The zombies are going to have a lot to snack on when the apocalypse comes......

#6 2011-08-19 15:30:49

XregnaR wrote:

The zombies are going to have a lot to snack on when the apocalypse comes......

Not if all they eat are brains.

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/idiocracy-no-brain.jpg

#7 2011-08-19 16:13:26

Sweet, time to belly up and rip on fat fucks again. Should really roll out a national wide load holiday.

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/lastcall.jpghttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/freeforchubbies.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#8 2011-08-19 17:04:02

Fat or no fat, this "review" exposes all of the reasons that bloggers should never, ever call themselves "journalists". If you bother to go to the publishers blurb (which is all that exists at this point, the book isn't for sale yet) it focuses on "Through time, exercise and hard work...".

Leave it to the web hack to spin it into anorexia and all of the old bugbears that let fat people feel good about being fat.

What really scares the fat off of my bacon is the closing comment:

But a week after the Advertising Standards Authority banned the children's clothing website Zazzle.co.uk from stocking girls' T-shirts carrying the slogan, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels," to hear that this book will be hitting the shelves seems bizarre.

It makes me want to french kiss the first amendment.

#9 2011-08-19 19:58:33

Goob, I'll try to explain this to you.  Our society places very unrealistic expectations on young girls regarding what they should look like.  I'm not saying that being hugely overweight is beautiful, far from it.  However, the ideal has been shifting towards increasingly thin, a level of thinness that is natural for only a tiny percentage of females.  The rest of them are made to feel defective or ugly, and many young girls will go to dangerous lengths to try and reach what for them is an impossible shape.  This book is aimed at a very young demographic and perpetuates the idea that the only beautiful figure is a pencil thin one.

#10 2011-08-19 20:50:15

fnord wrote:

This book is aimed at a very young demographic and perpetuates the idea that the only beautiful figure is a pencil thin one.

A certifiable female fat fuck of my acquaintance liked to argue this myth is perpetuated by a homo fashion industry obsessed by pubescent boys.

#11 2011-08-19 21:56:05

choad wrote:

fnord wrote:

This book is aimed at a very young demographic and perpetuates the idea that the only beautiful figure is a pencil thin one.

A certifiable female fat fuck of my acquaintance liked to argue this myth is perpetuated by a homo fashion industry obsessed by pubescent boys.

I sense a severe case of sour grapes on the part of a bitter fat fuck who wasn't able to attract penises attached to the high value males she felt she deserved!

#12 2011-08-19 22:36:07

I could give two shits if your butt size is 20 inches or 60 inches. Male or female. But any non injured 20-50 year old human should be able to run a mile without stopping. Not even do it fast, just do it without walking. If you are too fat to do that, you are too fat. If you are too thin and emaciated to do that, you fail.

I would agree that natures ideal form for a woman is probably fatter than the fashion industry would admit, but that doesn't eliminate the need to be healthy.

I just watch the overweight people that I encounter in my daily life and it hurts me to see the wear and tear they put on their bodies, day after day, by carrying around all of that extra weight. For many obese people, it's like giving yourself a piggy back ride, every hour of every day. Imagine what that does to your knees, pelvis, heart and back.

That's where being fat is bad for you. It's not society that's keeping you down, it's gravity. It's not the mean thin girls who picked on you in high school, it's 9.8 m/s^2, beeeyotch!

Board footer

cruelery.com