#2 2011-08-18 12:09:54

So, who gets to swap the deck?

#3 2011-08-20 13:15:09

Dmtdust wrote:

So, who gets to swap the deck?

I imagine it will be the hordes of little people who will be lining up in droves to work for less then minimum wage at the point of a gun and live in the unlicensed tenements.

This translates into the founding of ideologically oriented micro-states on the high seas, a kind of floating petri dish for implementing policies that libertarians, stymied by indifference at the voting booths, have been unable to advance: no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage, and few restrictions on weapons.

#4 2011-08-20 13:27:28

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

This translates into the founding of ideologically oriented micro-states on the high seas, a kind of floating petri dish for implementing policies that libertarians, stymied by indifference at the voting booths, have been unable to advance: no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage, and few restrictions on weapons.

Isn't that basically Haiti?

#5 2011-08-20 21:10:26

Emmeran wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

The majority of Haitians can't be classified as "doers".

#6 2011-08-20 22:16:44

XregnaR wrote:

Then again after taking account of the political accomplishments of the libertarians I'm not sure I'd honor them with that classification either.

#7 2011-08-20 22:35:15

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/podium123456/1264394436271.jpg

#8 2011-08-21 01:18:04

XregnaR wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Most of them have very little of anything to 'do' things to.

#10 2011-08-21 16:21:30

I was just reading that page the other night as my brother sent me a copy of this game the other day.  The story-line has hardly inspired me to immediately install it.

#11 2011-08-21 21:58:42

What am I supposed to see with the F11 thing?

#12 2011-12-14 12:10:21

The good ship Libertarian technotopia is set to set sail out the Golden Gate! Get your cubical reserved now, it might be a little overbooked with undocumented but industrious Indian workers. But no worry, it is just a 3 hour cruise! You will be back to the streets of San Francisco in time for dinner.

#13 2011-12-14 13:18:39

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

The good ship Libertarian technotopia is set to set sail out the Golden Gate! Get your cubical reserved now, it might be a little overbooked with undocumented but industrious Indian workers. But no worry, it is just a 3 hour cruise! You will be back to the streets of San Francisco in time for dinner.

Nothing like being locked on a barge with a bunch of biotech guys trying to keep costs low. Sounds like the premise of a mutant based video game...

Board footer

cruelery.com