• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Thousands Of Demented Architects & Engineers Question Official Story

#2 2011-08-20 11:02:14

Why would the NIST be put in charge of investigating terrorism or building collapse?

But at the risk of opening this particularly stanky can of worms, may I propose an alternate explanation?

The terrorists had already tried to blow up the World Trade Center using explosive laden vans in the basement. What's to say that a second team didn't already have vans or shaped charges planted in the basement of building 7, or maybe even all of the buildings? They would wait for the airplanes, then detonate them. We don't hear about those terrorists because either the government wasn't able to identify them or catch them, which is a huge loss of face.

But, as a physicist, I can explain the presence of melted steel by the use of friction and compression. You have huge weights shifting and causing compression of steel. Anyone who has done friction or compression welding, a common manufacturing process, will tell you that making steel melt and flow is as easy as compressing it or rubbing it together, as would happen during the collapse of a building.

So, call me a fence sitter. I don't necessarily believe that the Illuminati or Donald Rumsfeld made it happen, but I also don't feel comfortable with the level of openness by the 911 commission.

#3 2011-08-21 00:14:53

What's to say Asner isn't full of shit, and A&E isn't flogging bullshit to sell advertising time and profit from 9/11?  As a physicist who also has military engineering (i.e. demolitions) training, I have yet to see anything in the 9/11 footage that would indicate a controlled demolition.

If the US government was prepared to kill 3000 people and professionally demolish buildings for shits and giggles, why in the name of fuck would they allow people who had actual evidence, or could make a realistic argument that would expose the conspiracy, to live?  Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to simply "disappear" them?

I've met a few 9/11 conspiracy theorists, and in my non-psychological opinion, calling them "batshit crazy" is being kind.

#4 2011-08-21 11:28:03

Physisist Schimizaphstt.  It was a set up, a fuck you, a whole goddam exploitation of the US of A for the goddam oil companies and all the banksters and polluters and right wing assholes in their cuntry clubs just to take advantage of the dispossesed folks with real heart and soul who want to make this world safe and green for the Native Americans to take back this great land and be like Mexico again!

#5 2011-08-21 11:32:48

Oh, fuck, I just had to go puke my breakfast after hearing Ed Assner say "This is the Empire State Building"

#7 2011-08-21 12:42:44

"It is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved," stated actress and TV personality Rosie O'Donnell of ABC's The View in March 2007. "For the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible," she said.

CASE FUCKING CLOSED!

Last edited by Stinkhammer (2011-08-21 12:43:21)

#8 2011-08-21 16:11:14

Stinkhammer wrote:

. . . Ed Assner . . .

If you want to regurgitate the official line of bull-shit, that is fine; But, there is no reason to insult Lou Grant here.

"You've got spunk.  I hate spunk."

As for Rosie O'Donnell:  Yeah, she is a fucking idiot; But, fire had never before brought down a steel-beamed building.  Yet, on that day, it brought down three in a linear fashion?  What are the fucking odds?  It certainly looks like a duck.

#9 2011-08-21 18:06:46

Decadence wrote:

As for Rosie O'Donnell:  Yeah, she is a fucking idiot; But, fire had never before brought down a steel-beamed building.  Yet, on that day, it brought down three in a linear fashion?  What are the fucking odds?  It certainly looks like a duck.

Believing your government vaporized thousands of its own taxpayers for fun & profit is immediate no-fly list sedition.

It's the same too-big-to-fail global banking fraud Matt Taibbi made a career chronicling, while dismissing 'troothers' as batshit droolers.

#10 2011-08-21 21:27:44

choad wrote:

Believing your government vaporized thousands of its own taxpayers for fun & profit is immediate no-fly list sedition.

Even before the question arose I never had a doubt the PsThatB wouldn't commit mass murder of their own citizens if they thought they'd get something they wanted out of it.  (I grew up with Nixon, people.)

No, my disbelief slams the door shut on the idea that such a thing could be proposed, discussed, agreed upon, planned, recruited, delegated, executed and dismantled with not a clue left behind--imagine the number of people and the amount of time that would've had to be involved--and all these years later, not a soul has whispered a syllable about the great conspiracy.

Nope.

#11 2011-08-21 21:49:13

George Orr wrote:

-imagine the number of people and the amount of time that would've had to be involved--and all these years later, not a soul has whispered a syllable about the great conspiracy.

Nope.

Exactly.

It amazes me the number of poeple who don't trust the government to keep simple secrets, but believe they can stage grand conspiracies and keep them secret, when doing so would involve thousands or hundreds of thousands of people who absolutely must keep total silence for it to work.

The moon-landing yobs are even better... not only would the US Gov have to silence literally hundreds of thousands of involved people, but they'd have to do it in spite of the fact that Russia and China would love nothing more than to have conclusive proof that the landing was faked, EVEN TODAY... it would be a propaganda coup unmatched in history.

And yet, if there was a conspiracy, nobody with an actual vested interest in exposing it has been able to produce that proof in 42 years, and in all that time, not one person has slipped up in keeping the secret.

Or maybe it's just all bullshit.

Put it in perspective.  The government couldn't keep it a secret that the president was banging interns, and the president has a damn good bit of motivation to ensure that stays secret.

#12 2011-08-21 21:58:59

George Orr wrote:

No, my disbelief slams the door shut on the idea that such a thing could be proposed, discussed, agreed upon, planned, recruited, delegated, executed and dismantled with not a clue left behind

Remember the bomb ignited beneath reb lines defending Richmond while Gen Meade read to his troops from "My Pet Goat"?

We are undisputed champions of blowing shit up and leaving the mess for someone else to clean up. I'm agnostic on the subject but think the discussion is healthy.

#13 2011-08-22 08:46:47

That article doesn't do much to inspire confidence in building construction techniques:

The primary and backup water supply to the sprinkler systems for the lower floors relied on the city's water supply. Those water lines were damaged by the collapse of WTC 1 and 2. These uncontrolled fires in WTC 7 eventually spread to the northeast part of the building, where the collapse began.
After 7 hours of uncontrolled fires, a steel girder on Floor 13 lost its connection to one of the 81 columns supporting the building. Floor 13 collapsed, beginning a cascade of floor failures to Floor 5. Column 79, no longer supported by a girder, buckled, triggering a rapid succession of structural failures that moved from east to west. All 23 central columns, followed by the exterior columns, failed in what's known as a "progressive collapse"

So, simple fire caused the steel to expand so much that 1 beam came off of it's attachment bolts and welds, causing the rest to collapse within seconds like dominoes? So, in any skyscraper in America right now, if a single connection fails due to bad steel, incorrect installation or rust or fatigue, the building will just come down like a house of cards? 

So, no terrorists, just very marginal building quality? Is that the message they are trying to sell?

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Thousands Of Demented Architects & Engineers Question Official Story

Board footer

cruelery.com