#2 2011-09-26 22:57:22

Affirmative Action is racial discrimination.  One doesn't have to be a Republican to see this, but apparently most Whites are too chicken to admit it.  As long as Affirmative Action exists, the qualifications, degrees, and certifications of all minorities for any position they hold will be suspect.

Last edited by fnord (2011-09-26 22:58:01)

#3 2011-09-26 23:08:32

Legacy admissions are suspect too, but nobody's out there protesting it or talking about it in elections--that's because it's the god-given privilege of the children of the rich.

What kind of a person would go to Berkeley to join the Republican party? The same kind of person who would go to Bob Jones University to agitate for gay marriage: an asshole with a clinical mental illness called oppositional defiant disorder.

#4 2011-09-27 01:45:01

During the sale, scheduled for Tuesday, baked goods will be sold to white men for $2, Asian men for $1.50, Latino men for $1, black men for 75 cents and Native American men for 25 cents. All women will get 25 cents off those prices.

I have a business plan, now all I need is a Native American girlfriend.

#5 2011-09-27 04:29:22

ah297900 wrote:

Legacy admissions are suspect too, but nobody's out there protesting it or talking about it in elections--that's because it's the god-given privilege of the children of the rich.

What kind of a person would go to Berkeley to join the Republican party? The same kind of person who would go to Bob Jones University to agitate for gay marriage: an asshole with a clinical mental illness called oppositional defiant disorder.

It isn't socially taboo to question qualifications based on a legacy admission; the subject was brought up many times in the case of Bush the Younger.  Of course when the privileged asshole in question is your boss, perhaps keeping your sneering to yourself is the wise course.

I don't know what brought up the rant about people challenging organizations.  Sometimes it needs to be done, sometimes it's a fool's errand.  Berkley wasn't always a bastion of liberalism, and organizations with asshole policies need to have their noses rubbed in their shit to teach them that shitting on the social fabric is wrong.

#6 2011-09-27 09:45:55

opsec wrote:

During the sale, scheduled for Tuesday, baked goods will be sold to white men for $2, Asian men for $1.50, Latino men for $1, black men for 75 cents and Native American men for 25 cents. All women will get 25 cents off those prices.

I have a business plan, now all I need is a Native American girlfriend.

Thank you, I needed a chuckle.

#7 2011-09-27 11:29:32

ah297900 wrote:

Winning has it's privileges, all I hear is the losers continuing to whine.

#8 2011-09-27 14:36:21

This is not a new story for Cal.  My first semester at Berkeley, I went to buy books at the student run store. There were some black football players checking bags for people entering the store, but they were only demanding money from the White and Asian men.  I made a big stink, got them in trouble, and spent the next few months waiting for a beating that never happened.

#9 2011-09-27 15:32:14

phoQ wrote:

This is not a new story for Cal.

When did this left coast bullshit go down?

#10 2011-09-27 15:38:18

phoQ wrote:

This is not a new story for Cal.  My first semester at Berkeley, I went to buy books at the student run store. There were some black football players checking bags for people entering the store, but they were only demanding money from the White and Asian men.  I made a big stink, got them in trouble, and spent the next few months waiting for a beating that never happened.

What can you do? This is a racist culture. Whites like you have to pay at the coat check, black people are more likely to get longer sentences or get executed. It's tough all over--I'm sure it all shakes out to be about even, though.

#11 2011-09-27 16:36:31

ah297900 wrote:

Whites like you have to pay at the coat check, black people are more likely to get longer sentences or get executed.  It's tough all over

It was 96 and I needed those quarters to play Area 51 at the arcade.  I got worse abuse at Cal when the black woman I was dating took me to the study area reserved for people of color. 
Poor people are more likely to get jailed or executed.  There’s only one color that matters, and it’s green.

#12 2011-09-27 17:26:11

phoQ wrote:

It was 96...

No shit. A wimp in 96.

#13 2011-09-27 18:01:38

Berserkly, what a wonderful school.  And now, thanks to our lame-brained legislature, illegal aliens will be paying in-state tuition rates.  For those special privilege classes from other states who are used to being bumped to the head of the line, I can only say "Regresa por favor a los asientos traseros del autobus".

#14 2011-09-28 08:07:45

It would be funny if it didnt mimic the payment plan offered by the college it's self.

Board footer

cruelery.com