• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » This will be my first visit to a movie theater in half a decade...

#1 2012-02-03 16:35:37

#2 2012-02-03 17:36:48

It's either gonna be really good or really awful... I don't see room for an in between on this one.

#3 2012-02-03 19:30:01

It sounds like a good excuse to roll out the Spiccolli Van for a special trip to the theater.

#4 2012-02-03 19:40:33

Meh.

#5 2012-02-03 20:03:12

Dmtdust wrote:

Meh.

Oh grow up and learn how to enjoy yourself.

#6 2012-02-03 20:03:18

Emmeran wrote:

What? You didn't see Inglourious Basterds? Dude!

#7 2012-02-04 00:44:58

This film was "crowdsourced."  The first thing filmed was the teaser below (back in 2008):

You best believe I have been waiting ever since.

#8 2012-02-05 23:54:58

Taint wrote:

What? You didn't see Inglourious Basterds? Dude!

The ridiculously over-done ending rather ruined what was an other-wise decent movie for me with that one.  I had the same issue with "Wristcutters:  A Love Story" - An awesome fucking movie until the corny finale turned it all to shit.

#9 2012-02-06 21:05:30

Decadence wrote:

The ridiculously over-done ending rather ruined what was an other-wise decent movie for me with that one.

You haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.  Elaborate or admit you have zero taste in great cinema.

#10 2012-02-07 07:59:32

As it has been a couple of years now, I can-not recall the specifics, I just felt at the time that there were a few things in the finale that were "a bit forced" - That simply did not work for me.  I under-stand that many people quite enjoyed it, and I hold no judgement on their opinion.  The same goes for "Wristcutters".  Whilst the finale completely ruined the film for me, I can still under-stand how that may not be the case for every-body.

As for having "zero taste" in movies, I reserve that label for the idiots who keep financially encouraging the likes of Adam Sandler and Tyler Perry.  My general taste in movies may not jibe with the general public nor the Oscar awards committee; But, I hardly believe that it could accurately be labeled as taste-less.

A few of what I consider to be great movies:  "The Brothers Bloom", "Don't Tempt Me", "Shallow Grave", and "The Disappearance Of Alice Creed" (Although, I felt that a couple of plot points in that one were "a bit forced" as well).

#11 2012-02-07 09:23:23

I thought inglorious basterds was a complete piece of shit!  It was overly predictable, overly edited and over acted; non-stop, un-original cinematic tricks and of course bullshit ending which was the rotten cherry on top of a pile of smelly shit.   It reminded me of walking down the Las Vegas Strip, not an original concept or creation in the entire fucking place or in this film.  Canned entertainment lacking creativity and pandering to the lowest possible denominator.

To make matters worse it wasn't even fun, I'll forgive a lot if the film is fun.

#12 2012-02-07 12:57:54

Emmeran wrote:

I thought inglorious basterds was a complete piece of shit!  It was overly predictable, overly edited and over acted; non-stop, un-original cinematic tricks and of course bullshit ending which was the rotten cherry on top of a pile of smelly shit.   It reminded me of walking down the Las Vegas Strip, not an original concept or creation in the entire fucking place or in this film.  Canned entertainment lacking creativity and pandering to the lowest possible denominator.

To make matters worse it wasn't even fun, I'll forgive a lot if the film is fun.

I have to agree with Em on this one. Basterds was predictable, chopped into sound bites and lacking anything relating to a plot. It's like it was the film adaptation of the comic book version of the Dirty Dozen, then piped through some Hulk-grade cheezy CGI. I'm only surprised that George Lucas wasn't somehow involved.

#13 2012-02-07 19:27:22

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

I have to agree with Em on this one. Basterds was predictable, chopped into sound bites and lacking anything relating to a plot. It's like it was the film adaptation of the comic book version of the Dirty Dozen, then piped through some Hulk-grade cheezy CGI. I'm only surprised that George Lucas wasn't somehow involved.

I'll give you everything but the fun factor; I had a lot of fun watching it. I was - it should be noted, however - stoned. That makes everything better.

#14 2012-02-08 10:35:59

Taint wrote:

I was - it should be noted, however - stoned. That makes everything better.

Hell to the yeah. It makes lots of bad things better.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198238_200795119945112_100000438767689_681422_2507118_n.jpg

#16 2012-02-08 13:59:06

Emmeran wrote:

I can't stand Tarantino.  Grave Robber.

#17 2012-02-08 14:33:04

Dmtdust wrote:

I can't stand Tarantino.  Grave Robber.

Why Grave Robber? There is obviously something I don't know about him.

#18 2012-02-08 14:52:44

He stills ideas from other films, down to the very shot set up.  Nothing original, pillages the past, paste it together, a midget standing on the shoulder of giants.

#20 2012-02-12 11:56:28

Thank Gawd!  I thought you were going to see that 3-D Star Wars thing.

I cannot believe everyone geeks out over a movie made THIRTY YEARS AGO!

As to Iron Sky - music by Klaus Nomi.  Looks Like Suckerpunch!  All show, no go.

gratuitous nawzi pron:
http://cinephile.ca/files/Vol5/No1/nazi.jpg

#21 2012-02-12 12:03:45

And while I am it...

http://cinephile.ca/files/Vol5/No1/DVD-Gestapo-cropped.jpg

#22 2012-02-13 19:16:51

In case Motherfucking Space Nazis are not stupirrific enough for you...

This summer, you have options.

I reckon either of these beats the fuck out of Transformers and Clash of the Titans combined.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » This will be my first visit to a movie theater in half a decade...

Board footer

cruelery.com