#2 2012-03-24 09:51:58

Good point, Choad. The original 99% were also decent law-abiding people.

#3 2012-03-24 11:32:02

PTSD before it had a name, many were the Korean war guys who never got over the hell they experienced there.

#4 2012-03-24 13:47:18

And what were the rest of them's excuse?

#5 2012-03-24 14:51:37

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

And what were the rest of them's excuse?

They sprung from the shallow end of the gene pool, the very shallow end.

#6 2012-03-24 21:49:54

Emmeran wrote:

PTSD before it had a name, many were the Korean war guys who never got over the hell they experienced there.

The original guys were, the ones who later became (in)famous were followers for the most part, at least in what people call 'style'. I've always said that if you wear an Iron Cross and you didn't personally swipe it off a dead nazi you might as well ride around in a tutu.

Edit: If your Daddy swiped it off a dead nazi and gave it to you then you earn an exemption. For anyone else, dressing up like a cowboy is a better and safer option.

Last edited by Tall Paul (2012-03-24 21:51:59)

#7 2012-03-24 21:54:50

Tall Paul wrote:

followers for the most part, at least in what people call 'style'. I've always said that if you wear an Iron Cross and you didn't personally swipe it off a dead nazi you might as well ride around in a tutu.

Wannabe's are the most dangerous sort.

#8 2012-03-24 22:20:40

Hey Em, do you know how many Real Bikers it takes to change a light bulb?

#9 2012-03-24 23:30:01

I love how everyone likes to glamorize the Hell's Angels and never seem to get around to acknowledging all of the nasty organized crime they were involved in.  Everyone likes the renegade who rides a motorcycle, but the reality of that guy also participating in hustling drugs to junkies just isn't so sexy.

#10 2012-03-24 23:31:49

tojo2000 wrote:

I love how everyone likes to glamorize the Hell's Angels and never seem to get around to acknowledging all of the nasty organized crime they were involved in.  Everyone likes the renegade who rides a motorcycle, but the reality of that guy also participating in hustling drugs to junkies just isn't so sexy.

Sooooo.......

...you didn't get the reach around you were promised didjaya?

#11 2012-03-25 00:57:46

If I remember right, the phrase, "One Percenters" was the creation of some Madison Avenue shit weasle peddling rice burners for, 'Those wonderful folks who brought you Pearl Harbor.' Bikers and their biker babes, the campaign argued, were the lunatic fringe.

#12 2012-03-25 03:51:51

Emmeran wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Sooooo.......

...you didn't get the reach around you were promised didjaya?

Nope, and neither did my relatives who worked on the non-glamorous end of the spectrum.  Mostly they got hepatitis.

Board footer

cruelery.com