And the giant awakes

My Algorithms:

(Apple + iOS) + $trendy
(Google + $Motorola) + Android
(MSFT + $Windows 8) + Nokia * Android licensing fees
(Samsung + $Bada) + Manufacturing muscle
(RIMM + Patents) + $Enterprise customer base

[obviously the $ signifies variables]

Last edited by Emmeran (2012-04-14 10:18:02)

#2 2012-04-13 19:09:27

Nicely Researched!

#3 2012-04-13 21:08:11

Em, I appreciate your point of view and really do like your posts because they are almost always insightful and well-reasoned (except when you're drunk).

That said, THE GODDAMN APOSTROPHE IN "it's" IS ONLY USED FOR THE CONTRACTION OF "it is."

#4 2012-04-13 21:09:53

You, George, and a couple of others...

#5 2012-04-13 21:25:14

Say what you will, dusty, but proper use of language is the only thing that stands between civilization and total fucking chaos. Your permissive attitude would have us return to the caveman days of fucking grunts and thrusts for communication.

Alternatively, maybe I've spent all day editing papers by people who can't write for shit and have hit my limit.

#6 2012-04-13 22:16:54

I understand.  I am at this point editing an interview that has me pulling my hair out.

#7 2012-04-14 01:29:33

So many claim to like capitalism, yet so few seem to want to practice it.

Oh, and I'll just leave this here.
http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif

#8 2012-04-14 10:10:34

Corrections incorporated.

Obviously I follow this as part of my work responsibilities and from an investment point of view as well, I find it interesting that Nokia is the odd man out here having ditched their Symbian OS for WP7 (excepting the PureView 808 which I adore).  I spend the first part of my day at work sitting on the trade desk between the M&A guys and the Fixed Income math dweebs, a shit-load of information flows past me each and every day.  I won't bore the fuck out of you guys by going into EBITDA and EPS but if you're into that shit I'd recommend you take a look.

Considering all of the variables this market space is an incredible gamble right now so I've not put any real skin in the game yet, but I've started referring to Apple as "Icarus" and have a small position in Nokia (mostly cuz Nokia is just so damn cheap right now).  Google's ultra-dick stock split this week creates an interesting scenario, investors don't like it and a flight of capital would be devastating to them.

Even more interesting most of the companies I listed are on the short list of Fortune 500 companies (43 total) that don't carry any long term debt(For the record MSFT has a 0% Convertible Bond on the books which is simply free money for them.)

Last edited by Emmeran (2012-04-14 10:59:14)

#9 2012-04-14 16:19:27

naked power grab

Haha, I have to laugh about people getting their noses bent out of shape about this.  The founders have always had a majority at Google.  As long as Larry, Sergey, and Eric have their Class A shares they can do whatever they want.  It's a little late to cry about it now.  There are plenty of better things to kvetch about regarding Google.

Last edited by tojo2000 (2012-04-14 16:20:05)

Board footer

cruelery.com