#2 2012-05-09 16:24:39

They should have added one more slide for Julia when the milk from the government teat runs dry and Julia is trampled in massive revolt.

#3 2012-05-09 16:42:15

FUCK YA

Screw government programs. That way we can have more tax cuts. All we'll have to give up is comfort and security.

#4 2012-05-09 16:50:41

*sigh*.

Why didn't they just say "The Romney programs would slaughter little puppies and dip kittens in boiling oil"... or "Under the Romney proposals money would be put aside to castrate every first born son."

Such bullshit.

#5 2012-05-09 17:18:05

Ah wrote:

All we'll have to give up is comfort and security.

You are confusing the right to "the pursuit of happiness" with the hollow promise of guaranteed happiness.

#6 2012-05-09 17:25:28

phreddy wrote:

Ah wrote:

All we'll have to give up is comfort and security.

You are confusing the right to "the pursuit of happiness" with the hollow promise of guaranteed happiness.

You are confusing good government with "all you fuckers are on your own."

But now I'm curious--which government programs claim to guarantee happiness, and how are those promises shallow?

#7 2012-05-09 19:43:52

phreddy wrote:

Phreddy you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of "Penny-wise, Pound-foolish"

#8 2012-05-10 00:23:48

Doesn't any body else see the not-so-subtle hint about a lifetime presidency? Not multiple women at different stages in their lives, but one woman over her whole life will be controlled by these new sainted "policies".

But I promised myself I wouldn't get upset over agitprop that violates the precept that the Congress makes the laws and all the President does is sign or not sign.

#9 2012-05-10 02:52:22

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Doesn't any body else see the not-so-subtle hint about a lifetime presidency? Not multiple women at different stages in their lives, but one woman over her whole life will be controlled by these new sainted "policies".

But I promised myself I wouldn't get upset over agitprop that violates the precept that the Congress makes the laws and all the President does is sign or not sign.

Cue the *Paranoia Chorus!

*The word "Paranoia" replacing the word "Hallelujah", and sung to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus.

Last edited by fnord (2012-05-10 02:54:46)

#10 2012-05-10 18:13:26

ah297900 wrote:

But now I'm curious--which government programs claim to guarantee happiness, and how are those promises shallow?

Maybe the ones you claim provide "comfort and security".  Don't you get it?  There aren't any.  Anyone who promises you comfort and security (aka happiness) is lying.

#11 2012-05-10 18:39:54

WCL

phreddy wrote:

Anyone who promises you comfort and security (aka happiness) is lying.

Poor Phreddy. When all the self-contradictory
rhodomontade is stripped to bare-bones the
truth comes out.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/1129_pacifier.jpg
Have a little suck, Phreddy - it'll soothe
your wounded feelers.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Board footer

cruelery.com