#1 2012-05-17 14:27:37

Obama's bio as published by his literary agent in a promotion for his first book.  Born in Kenya?  Interesting.  The story is on Brietbart if you want to read it.

http://www.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2012/05/09/Obama-Column.png

#2 2012-05-17 16:18:34

Interesting take on their part

#3 2012-05-17 16:28:34

Emmeran wrote:

Agreed.  Many would expect the Breitbart crew to jump on it as evidence that he was born in Kenya.  I believe it is a window into Obama's credibility.  Most of his positions are based on political expediency and not core beliefs.  Claiming to be born in Kenya to sell a book shouldn't surprise anyone who just watched him "evolve" from being pro gay marriage to being against gay marriage to being pro gay marriage (but only after big mouth Biden blew his cover and forced his hand).

Last edited by phreddy (2012-05-17 16:29:10)

#4 2012-05-17 19:26:32

Actually I'm inclined to believe the Biden/Obama gay stance was timed to occur right before the Romney High school gay bashing revelation.

#5 2012-05-18 03:11:48

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Agreed.  Many would expect the Breitbart crew to jump on it as evidence that he was born in Kenya.  I believe it is a window into Obama's credibility.  Most of his positions are based on political expediency and not core beliefs.  Claiming to be born in Kenya to sell a book shouldn't surprise anyone who just watched him "evolve" from being pro gay marriage to being against gay marriage to being pro gay marriage (but only after big mouth Biden blew his cover and forced his hand).

Or maybe some scumbag publishing hack lied in a blurb to make a book look more interesting, and another scumbag publishing hack had been basing an advertising smear campaign based on it until he died of being a fat fuck. Is this the best you have? I hope you don't vote based on stuff like this.

#6 2012-05-18 09:50:41

Tall Paul wrote:

I hope you don't vote based on stuff like this.

No, I'm waiting to see what Mother Jones has to say about it. You know: "News".

#7 2012-05-18 11:04:52

Paul wrote:

Or maybe some scumbag publishing hack lied in a blurb to make a book look more interesting, and another scumbag publishing hack had been basing an advertising smear campaign based on it until he died of being a fat fuck.

Apprently the scumbag hack who Obama hired to promote his books was, in 2003, still claiming our boy was born in Kenya.  I guess Obama forgot, for 12 years, to read the bio being used to promote his books.  Just a simple mistake I suppose.

Last edited by phreddy (2012-05-18 11:18:04)

#8 2012-05-18 11:29:31

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

Here's a novel idea.  Let's require proof of citizenship before allowing anyone to run for office.  Arizona may be the first state to demand it.

#9 2012-05-18 11:51:22

phreddy wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

Here's a novel idea.  Let's require proof of citizenship before allowing anyone to run for office.  Arizona may be the first state to demand it.

Phreddy, I realize you have a throbbing hate-on for Barry but do you really give good flying fuck where someone was born? Seriously, you need to get your toenails clipped.

Last edited by choad (2012-05-18 11:51:56)

#10 2012-05-18 12:53:21

phreddy wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

And AZ will have to accept HI's documents confirming his birth, that's the way this shit works.

#11 2012-05-18 13:40:51

Emmeran wrote:

And AZ will have to accept HI's documents confirming his birth, that's the way this shit works.

Sounds good to me.  Let's see the docs.

#12 2012-05-18 13:50:58

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Sounds good to me.  Let's see the docs.

HI Secretary of State did that, story over.  Let's move on.

#13 2012-05-18 14:15:27

I'm still waiting for anyone, anywhere to ask any other candidate about their birth certificate. Until that happens (don't worry; it won't), then this is one of the most transparently racist things I've ever seen in national politics.

Also, before he was taken from us too late in life, Breitbart has done everything humanly possible to personify the term "disreputable." And yet, you still link.

#14 2012-05-18 14:24:58

ah297900 wrote:

I'm still waiting for anyone, anywhere to ask any other candidate about their birth certificate. Until that happens (don't worry; it won't), then this is one of the most transparently racist things I've ever seen in national politics.

Also, before he was taken from us too late in life, Breitbart has done everything humanly possible to personify the term "disreputable." And yet, you still link.

You apparently did not read the article.

Or the other option would be that I would ask all the candidates, including the president, to submit a certified copy of their birth certificate.”

#15 2012-05-18 14:42:38

phreddy wrote:

Or the other option would be that I would ask all the candidates, including the president, to submit a certified copy of their birth certificate.”

So, did he?

#16 2012-05-18 16:24:45

choad wrote:

Phreddy, I realize you have a throbbing hate-on for Barry but do you really give good flying fuck where someone was born? Seriously, you need to get your toenails clipped.

Yo Swabbie; you going to take this shit?

#17 2012-05-18 16:55:33

ah297900 wrote:

I'm still waiting for anyone, anywhere to ask any other candidate about their birth certificate.

I especially want to see Romney's. His family has hopped back and forth across the Mexican border so many times to avoid prosecution that he may be just the kind of wetback baby he wants to deport.

I don't care where someone was born, as long as they show allegiance to the USA. Unfortunately, there is this scrap of paper called the Constitution that DOES care. It's not the Bible, you can't pick which parts you want to follow and which you can conveniently ignore.

#18 2012-05-18 18:27:01

Taint wrote:

phreddy wrote:

So, did he?

Apparently, that would be a last resort.  He just wants official confirmation that Hawaii has one.

Hawaii, he said, does not have to supply a certified copy of the birth certificate, merely send him an email confirming that it has one.

#19 2012-05-18 18:42:55

phreddy wrote:

Taint wrote:

phreddy wrote:

So, did he?

Apparently, that would be a last resort.  He just wants official confirmation that Hawaii has one.

Hawaii, he said, does not have to supply a certified copy of the birth certificate, merely send him an email confirming that it has one.

And when Hawaii does send the email, the Birther Crazies will claim that Obama threatened to nuke the state if they didn't say he was born there!

#20 2012-05-18 18:53:05

phreddy wrote:

Taint wrote:

phreddy wrote:

So, did he?

Last resort for Romney, first resort for Obama--again, WE'RE NOT RACISTS. Liberals are always trying to silence us by calling us racist because it just so happens that we treat the one black president completely different from the 42 white ones.

#21 2012-05-18 19:11:15

Ah wrote:

just so happens that we treat the one black president completely different from the 42 white ones.

That would be the one black president who promotes his books by saying he was born in Kenya which would make him ineligible to be president in the first place.  I will personally challange the qualifications of the next white guy running for president who publishes his birthplace as somewhere besides the United States.  Fuck you and your race card.  In many ways he's fortunate to be black so idiots like you will attempt to shout down legitimate criticism as racist. If he weren't black he would still be the most inept person who ever rose to high office.

#22 2012-05-18 19:38:37

John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone; no matter who won in the last election we were going to have a president born outside the United States.  Mitt Romney's father George was born in Mexico, yet this wasn't seen as an obstacle to his being president when he ran on the Republican ticket.  So since it's clear hatching in America isn't an absolute requirement for being president, we come to the next issue, birth vs. naturalized citizen.  By virtue of Obama's mother having been an American citizen, Obama was a citizen at birth and isn't a naturalized citizen.  So while there may be reasons why he shouldn't be president, his citizenship status isn't one of them.

#23 2012-05-18 21:13:58

phreddy wrote:

Ah wrote:

just so happens that we treat the one black president completely different from the 42 white ones.

That would be the one black president who promotes his books by saying he was born in Kenya which would make him ineligible to be president in the first place.  I will personally challange the qualifications of the next white guy running for president who publishes his birthplace as somewhere besides the United States.  Fuck you and your race card.  In many ways he's fortunate to be black so idiots like you will attempt to shout down legitimate criticism as racist. If he weren't black he would still be the most inept person who ever rose to high office.

Phred, go ahead and admit out in the open that W was less inept than Obama. Can you just make that one plain statement of fact without quibbling? And with a straight face?

#24 2012-05-18 21:36:11

phreddy wrote:

Ah wrote:

ZINGO! you got me. Sorry; I must have mistook your legitimate criticism for a link to breitbart.com.

#25 2012-05-20 08:32:30

Phreddy, this is truly the stupidest shit you have ever posted.  The idea that a blurb saying Obama was born in Kenya is some cynical attempt to manipulate Obama's persona when applied to a book he wrote in which he describes being born in Hawaii is so fucking retarded that I'm really short on words to describe it.  I really hope you thought this was going to be some brilliant troll.

#26 2012-05-20 09:28:05

Well put, Tojo.

#27 2012-05-20 11:30:26

This:

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

#28 2012-05-20 11:35:13

Now this:

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on the dark side of the Moon before enrolling in law school. His late father, Shemp, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Goerge Orr, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in The Hamptons . Mr. Obama was born on Saturn.

It is now on the internet therefore, TRUE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Last edited by Bigcat (2012-05-20 11:42:25)

#29 2012-05-20 15:26:05

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5143/catladycopy.jpg

I have come the well-informed conclusion that Phreddy, a middle aged woman in Columbus, Ohio,  is actually trolling us. Ms. Phreddy, an avowed Victorianist, owns several cats and is enormously fond of chamomile tea and the novels of Algernon Charles Swinburne, which she has read numerous times. She takes particular delight, however, in trolling web sites, posing as a Neanderthal with an IQ of 92 (In fact, she keeps a picture of a particularly dull looking Neanderthal, downloaded from Wikicommons, posted above her desk as a source of continuing inspiration). Never terribly popular in high school, Ms. Phreddy was, however, a good student who particularly enjoyed English and Drama Club. Most lunch periods, she could be found eating bologna-and-cheese sandwiches with her few friends, or reading. In college, she was the assistant editor of the campus's other weekly newspaper which was not as widely read but did feature the most complete coverage of her school's academic decathalon triumphs, a fact of which she was particularly proud. Ms. Phreddy has never married, having dated only two men in her life. Only one of those relationships could be considered truly serious, and she broke it off after realizing her boyfriend had no intention of giving up his weekly Dungeons and Dragons game night, a pursuit she considered a little too dark and edgy.

Ms. Phreddy owns 11 vibrators.

#30 2012-05-20 16:36:12

Thanks, Taint, I'll pick up from here.

An active volunteer at her branch library, Phreddy has unfortunately seen a recent dip in her weekly kids' readings from Edward Gorey books. Her Womyn's Wydnesday feminist lit-crit discussion panel is, however, as lively as ever: both Ruth and Melodie are as committed to changing herstory as ever.

The pain of a uterine fistula has not diminished her enthusiasm for the politics of organic farming. As a regular fixture at the Columbus farmers' market, Phreddy is known among locavores for her heritage tomatoes.

#31 2012-05-21 01:02:45

tojo2000 wrote:

Phreddy, this is truly the stupidest shit you have ever posted.

I could refute that, but I'm too inebriated to search the site.

#32 2012-05-21 13:02:34

Jesus, what a shit storm for simply pointing out the obvious.  Did I hit a sensitive liberal button or what?  I'm sorry the Anoited One has not lived up to expectations for those of you who looked to him for deliverance, but I'm just the messenger.

#33 2012-05-21 13:53:02

phreddy wrote:

Jesus, what a shit storm for simply pointing out the obvious.  Did I hit a sensitive liberal button or what?  I'm sorry the Anoited One has not lived up to expectations for those of you who looked to him for deliverance, but I'm just the messenger.

I for one think he's done a pretty darned good job, but to be honest I am measuring him against his predecessor so my perception of his performance might be a little over-inflated.

#34 2012-05-21 14:13:55

I like that: declare on our behalf that we think he's the Anointed One. Then use that designation to make up a bunch of magical expectations that go along with being the Anointed One, regardless of whether he made those promises or if we expected those things. Then excoriate him, and mock us, for his failure to live up to the unrealistic expectations you invent.

Let me try:
You dumbfucks voted TWICE for Bush because he was going to cure all teh gheys and bring Jesus back to Earth. HAHA DON'T U FEEL ST00PID NAO LOLOLOLOLOL

#35 2012-05-21 23:04:57

As far as I know, no watery tart gave Obama a sword in a farcical aquatic ceremony and declared him to be the Anointed One.  Like Emmeran, I feel the pluses of his time in office outweigh the minuses, but as pointed out, his predecessor set the bar very low. 

What amazes me is that the Republicans have gone out of their way to find extraordinarily bad news White candidates to run against him.  This suggests the fix is in to have a token black president.  Mexico did the same thing; they once had a token Indian president, who was said to act Whiter than any of Mexico’s other presidents.  Neither country will have another non-White president for a very long time, if ever.

#38 2012-05-22 17:22:55

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/newbush.jpghttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/newbush.jpghttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/newbush.jpghttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/newbush.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#39 2012-05-22 23:21:14

Never give up, Phreddy! Use facts and logic to prove your point of view is the correct one. Here's some new Breitbart ammo for you:  SAT Scores Prove Obama Might Be Dumber Than Bush!

#41 2012-05-25 15:52:17

Would you vote for someone who was so out touch that he DIDN'T smoke in 1970's Hawaii?

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2012-05-25 15:53:28)

#42 2012-05-25 16:53:37

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Would you vote for someone who was so out touch that he DIDN'T smoke in 1970's Hawaii?

I won't anyway but no. I lived in Watsonville, CA in the middle 70s and was thrilled to get their shake leavings.

#43 2012-05-25 20:39:26

choad wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I won't anyway but no. I lived in Watsonville, CA in the middle 70s and was thrilled to get their shake leavings.

You'd hardly recognize the place these days.  It's basically a suburb of Santa Cruz.

#44 2012-05-25 20:47:57

tojo2000 wrote:

You'd hardly recognize the place these days.  It's basically a suburb of Santa Cruz.

That sucks. I assume Capitola wasn't spared. Is Castroville next?

#45 2012-05-25 21:21:32

choad wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

That sucks. I assume Capitola wasn't spared. Is Castroville next?

Let's just say Capitola is where you go to visit the mall.

Castroville has thus far been spared, but as long as Central Texan BBQ stays around I guess I could deal with a little gentrification.

#46 2012-05-27 08:40:37

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Fuck you for forcing me to post this (Whilst I oft agree with Penn Jillette; I generally believe him to be a cunt {And, obviously, not the good kind})

Last edited by Decadence (2012-05-27 08:41:57)

#47 2012-05-29 08:36:15

Decadence wrote:

Whilst I oft agree with Penn Jillette; I generally believe him to be a cunt {And, obviously, not the good kind})

On the contrary, I think he's the best kind of cunt. Rough around the edges and probably quite stinky, but still a great ride because it just feels so right...

The three forms of government in ascendancy: Theocracy, oligarchy and hypocracy.

Board footer

cruelery.com