#1 2012-06-28 20:31:33

You've had most of the day to shriek, cry and laugh about the SCOTUS's decision on the ACA, and not a peep.  FoxNews and CNN got it completely wrong, and people at the AP were mocking them so hard their bosses made them quiet down.

I've found a useful thingamajig that tells you what you can expect in the near future.

#2 2012-06-28 21:14:17

I was waiting as well.  What is up with all of ya? (Me as well)

#3 2012-06-28 21:24:06

#4 2012-06-28 21:31:25

George Orr wrote:

You've had most of the day to shriek, cry and laugh about the SCOTUS's decision on the ACA, and not a peep.  FoxNews and CNN got it completely wrong, and people at the AP were mocking them so hard their bosses made them quiet down.

I've found a useful thingamajig that tells you what you can expect in the near future.

I try to get the majority of my news from High Street. If you don't report it I don't know about it.

#5 2012-06-28 21:34:58

Hey, I’ve been on the road all day and just got into my motel in Crescent City. It's difficult to post from a motorcycle.

Oh, and I'm delighted with the results despite my concerns about some of the law's provisions.

#6 2012-06-28 21:49:22

You guys have universal healthcare insurance now? Nice. Welcome to civilization.

#7 2012-06-28 22:26:28

Taint wrote:

It's difficult to post from a motorcycle.

C'mon..... What are ya, some kinna ghey or sumptin?

#8 2012-06-28 22:27:09

Double post.

Last edited by Bigcat (2012-06-28 22:28:03)

#9 2012-06-28 22:52:43

I'm happy with the decision, and didn't see any need to start a topic.  Now that George has started a topic after whining that she had to be the one to do it, the right-wingers in the group will let us know how this will destroy our country.

#10 2012-06-28 23:02:13

This is cute.

And so is this:

I used to be represented by this fucking sewer of a human being.

[edit: changed description of Schmidt to a more accurate one]

Last edited by ah297900 (2012-06-28 23:03:05)

#11 2012-06-29 00:53:33

I hate democracy.  I had simple free insurance as a benefit from work before this whole mess started, now I have a super complicated thing that I have to donate to now.  According to my paperwork the money I pay for coverage is no longer under my discretion and can be used for other purposes.  Free health care my ass, that's what I had before, now I'm being fucked in the ass for having a steady job for twelve years now.  If you're a worthless, jobless, pathetic piece of shit thief you might be happy about all of this, just keep in mind that you're fucking Dirckman in the ass the whole time and he doesn't appreciate it.  You're not owed anything for simply being alive assholes.  Someone has to pay, it's simple economics.  BTW, I hate the Republicans, I also hate the Democrats just as much, supporting either of them is making a deal with the devil, it's a choice between murder and theft.  Fuck politics.

#12 2012-06-29 02:24:00

Dirckman wrote:

I hate democracy.  I had simple free insurance as a benefit from work before this whole mess started, now I have a super complicated thing that I have to donate to now.  According to my paperwork the money I pay for coverage is no longer under my discretion and can be used for other purposes.  Free health care my ass, that's what I had before, now I'm being fucked in the ass for having a steady job for twelve years now.  If you're a worthless, jobless, pathetic piece of shit thief you might be happy about all of this, just keep in mind that you're fucking Dirckman in the ass the whole time and he doesn't appreciate it.  You're not owed anything for simply being alive assholes.  Someone has to pay, it's simple economics.  BTW, I hate the Republicans, I also hate the Democrats just as much, supporting either of them is making a deal with the devil, it's a choice between murder and theft.  Fuck politics.

I have a feeling your "free" insurance would have been revoked had you developed an expensive chronic health condition.  Your employer decided not to cover the increase in their costs now that it's more difficult for insurance companies to dump people, refuse to cover their children with less than perfect health, and weasel out of making payments.

Since I've been out of the job market for a few years in order to take care of Partner™, I suppose that makes me a worthless, jobless, pathetic piece of shit thief.  In a few years when the state exchanges kick in, I should be able to dump the expensive insurance I currently purchase, and buy subsidized insurance for far less.  Since that means I will then be fucking you, please take care of yourself so that you will still be cute.  I hate fucking ugly people!

#13 2012-06-29 02:24:10

Dirckman wrote:

just keep in mind that you're fucking Dirckman in the ass the whole time and he doesn't appreciate it.

We thought those were screams of pleasure.

#14 2012-06-29 05:14:56

I can only come up with three of the ten best excuses:

1.  I was waiting for Phreddy to lead with his chin, but then he showed that he actually can bite his tongue.

2.  And I was waiting for Roger but then blah blah blah blah.

3.  I was waiting but then I got distracted by a bottle of single malt.

#15 2012-06-29 08:20:35

Fled wrote:

I can only come up with three of the ten best excuses:

1.  I was waiting for Phreddy to lead with his chin, but then he showed that he actually can bite his tongue.

2.  And I was waiting for Roger but then blah blah blah blah.

3.  I was waiting but then I got distracted by a bottle of single malt.

I was gonna report the news... but then I got high.

I was gonna even tell the truth .... but then I got high.

But then I got high, but then I got high, but then I got high..

Last edited by Bigcat (2012-06-29 08:22:28)

#16 2012-06-29 08:55:17

Dirck seems to be under the misapprehension that his health care was previously somehow "free." Also, it's not clear how this law, whose provisions haven't gone into effect yet, have had disastrous effects on him personally. Besides, the main provision in the law--the mandate--means that more people will be paying into the system that they're using, which means premiums will go down because tens of millions of additional people are bearing the costs.

#17 2012-06-29 09:01:46

Dmtdust wrote:

Thanks for that.  Nice to see that psychedelics are still popular in some parts of the world.

#19 2012-06-29 11:17:24

I really don't care as long as my price for insurance doesn't go up.  Then I'll be pissed at all the do nothings that feel they are entitled to something just for breathing.

This doesn't count the legitimately unemployed members of society that just took it up the ass due to downsizing or other BS.  Or those at home taking care of sick family members. 

It is more aimed at the people sucking up welfare, food stamps, and other gov't programs while they sit on their asses, crank out more babies and refuse to flip burgers at mc d's.  I don't think they deserve health care unless someone is spaying or neutering them.

#20 2012-06-29 12:12:45

RT, is euthanasia considered healthcare?  How about postpartum abortion?  Because I strongly support doling out freebies of those to the welfare wombats.....

#21 2012-06-29 12:30:54

XregnaR wrote:

RT, is euthanasia considered healthcare?  How about postpartum abortion?  Because I strongly support doling out freebies of those to the welfare wombats.....

They should be.

#22 2012-06-29 12:49:59

https://cruelery.com/uploads/6_2012-06-28.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#23 2012-06-29 12:53:10

Roger_That wrote:

I really don't care as long as my price for insurance doesn't go up.  Then I'll be pissed at all the do nothings that feel they are entitled to something just for breathing.

OK.  I'll weigh in.  The price of your insurance will absolutely go up, assuming you have any capacity to pay at all.  But, that is the least of your worries.  Below are the some of the new taxes you will be paying.  For more info on each, and how it will affect you, check here.

■New tax on individuals who do not purchase government‐approved health insurance
■New tax on employers who fail to fully comply with government health insurance mandates
■New 40% excise tax on certain high‐cost health plans
■New ban on the purchase of over‐the‐counter drugs using funds from
■FSAs, HSAs and HRAs
■Increase the Medicare tax on wages and self -employment income by 0.9% and impose a new 3.8% surtax on certain investment income (for individuals over $200,000 and couples over $250,000)
■Increase, from 7.5% to 10% of income, the threshold after which individuals can deduct out of pocket medical expenses
■Impose a new $2,500 annual cap on FSA contributions
■New annual tax on health insurance
■New annual tax on brand name pharmaceuticals
■New 2.3% excise tax on certain medical devices
■New 10% tax on indoor UV tanning services
■New tax on insured and self‐insured health plans
■Double the penalty for non‐qualified HSA distributions
■Eliminate the deduction for expenses allocable to Medicare Part D subsidy
■Limit the deduction for compensation to officers, employees and directors of certain health insurance providers
■Require information reporting on payments to corporations
■Impose additional requirements for section 501(c)(3) hospitals
■Make “black liquor” ineligible for cellulosic biofuel producer credit
■Codify economic substance doctrine and impose penalties for Under-payments

#24 2012-06-29 13:02:01

■New 10% tax on indoor UV tanning services

ahah that's funny.   And what the hell is black liquor???  I guess I could google it but I"m too lazy.

#25 2012-06-29 13:08:01

Because of your demonstrated commitment to the sober, restrained, and impartial interpretation of current political events, I have read your post carefully and implicitly trust the truth of its content. Therefore, I have fundamentally changed my opinion on Obamacare.

#26 2012-06-29 13:09:56

Below are the some of the new taxes you will be paying.  For more info on each, and how it will affect you, check here.

■New tax on individuals who do not purchase government‐approved health insurance

It's good to see that you and Grover agree with Roberts.

#27 2012-06-29 13:09:58

* Insurers must spend at least 80% of their money on actually providing health care
* Executives of insurance companies can't make more than $500,000, boo fucking hoo
* Young and healthy are no longer free riders, evening out the risk across a wider pool
* Technological improvements in the way medical records are handled that will save lives
* Employer deduction for enhanced Part D coverage not needed because the donut hole was eliminated
* Cut out unnecessary third parties in providing Medicare
* Young people get to stay on their parents' insurance longer
* People with pre-existing conditions can get health care
* Actually does something about the cost of Medicare and Medicaid that the Republicans like to whine about but never propose anything but killing the programs
* Exempts small businesses from penalties
* Exempts poor people from the penalties
* Increases Medicaid coverage without additional spending by the states
* Is paid for
* 200 billion dollars off the deficit
* Increased access to birth control
* No more doc fix malarkey

and finally

* If states don't like the new plan they can take a lump of money and try to implement their own system

#28 2012-06-29 13:31:30

Fled wrote:

Below are the some of the new taxes you will be paying.  For more info on each, and how it will affect you, check here.

It's good to see that you and Grover agree with Roberts.

Apparently the only one who disagrees is Obama.

#29 2012-06-29 15:54:02

I think he changed his mind.  And I'm glad that you now agree that the statute is constitutional.

#31 2012-06-29 18:27:31

Ignorant hicks are good for a laugh, but if I see any of those people on my side of the border I'll cut off their feet.

#32 2012-06-29 19:07:41

They supported it until Obama supported it and now it's the greatest crime of all time.   

Welcome to the world of politicians - people willing to hinder our lives in hopes of gaining higher power.  And don't forget, they frequently change teams just to stay in power.

Are you listening Phreddy??

Last edited by Emmeran (2012-06-30 10:28:08)

#33 2012-06-29 19:11:40

https://cruelery.com/uploads/6_548198_450904944927825_1867480631_n.jpg

#34 2012-06-30 08:57:09

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Ignorant hicks are good for a laugh, but if I see any of those people on my side of the border I'll cut off their feet.

I fucking KNEW that was you.

#35 2012-07-02 15:24:01

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

So you're behind all those random feet found floating around in US waters in the recent past?

#36 2012-07-02 15:38:06

Roger_That wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/29/obamacare-moving-canada-twitter

So you're behind all those random feet found floating around in US waters in the recent past?

Not all of them. It's just something we do up here. Most of them are American feet, anyways.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/242_leave_only_feet.jpg

#37 2012-07-02 21:21:16

Ha, that picture is hilarious WCL.

#40 2012-07-03 10:21:22

I am not entirely pleased with the new health care law my-self; But, that is mostly be-cause I am a Marxist Fuck who thought that we de-served a single payer system * if we were still going to (How-Ever ironically) continue to refer to our-self as a "society."

* De-Spite the fact that none of this directly effects nor affects me as my health care has been socialized for years now via the Veteran's Administration.

Edit:  Moar fun irony in the "health care de-bate":  Is Sarah on Paxil now?  What happened to the "Good golly gosh - I am just a small town 'Merican girl speaking my mind" act?

Last edited by Decadence (2012-07-03 12:16:19)

#41 2012-07-03 17:32:29

Decadence wrote:

Is Sarah on Paxil now?  What happened to the "Good golly gosh - I am just a small town 'Merican girl speaking my mind" act?

I haven't watched Faux News in ages, so I had forgotten how truly awful it is.  HOLY SHIT!  WTF!  ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH WATCH AND BELIEVE SUCH OBVIOUS LIES AND PROPAGANDA?!  I'M NOW DEPRESSED, BECAUSE IT'S BEEN DRIVEN HOME THAT MILLIONS OF MY COUNTRYMEN ARE DANGEROUS IDIOTS!

#42 2012-07-03 18:14:36

fnord wrote:

I haven't watched Faux News in ages, so I had forgotten how truly awful it is!

Yeah, I briefly re-sided in Kansas.  And, as much as we would like to pre-tend that the "stereo-type" is a "good natured ribbing"; No . . .  There are seriously too many idiots run a-mok with this sense of self-entitlement.  Seeing them in action, I have be-come rather sympathetic to, at least, the ideal be-hind the Electoral College.

Am I wrong?  Have you fucking people not all-ready proven many times over that you are not to be trusted?  Prove me wrong.

What I Imagine That Prick Kissinger Likely Said At Some Point wrote:

Have we considered calling it "Cambodiazation"?  The 'Humanitarions" seem to "eat that shit up?" (And, one laughably awarded Noble Peace Prize Later . . .) *

* That is fine.  I will "go fuck my-self" slow and sensuously as soon as you are finished completing the act in a rather uncomfort-able manner.

Last edited by Decadence (2012-07-03 18:46:28)

#43 2012-07-05 17:07:32

Decadence wrote:

* De-Spite the fact that none of this directly effects nor affects me as my health care has been socialized for years now via the Veteran's Administration.

Absolutely.  As long as there is conflict we will be covered, perhaps longer.  It is good that The Ole Girl® has coverage through academia.

Board footer

cruelery.com