#1 2012-07-05 04:48:45

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/drillsergant.png

~ click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2012-07-05 06:38:26

Yeah . . .  I do not relish being the one to in-form you of this; But, the softer/kinder "basic training" method was implemented in the late twentieth century (Early 90's for you pragmatic Cunts).  As much as I felt that the old, standard "Yell instruction in-to the kids" method was broken, I have to admit that the coddled kids system of "basic training" has "turned out" mostly in-adequate fucks who've no idea as to what exactly their job is and only slightly less concern.

Under-Stand though, that Dhally and I are from an era where we were expected to dine up-on, at a minimum, a small reptile prior to beginning physical training. **

** Fine - It only happened once; But, the laughs from the lower enlisted were totally worth it.

Last edited by Decadence (2012-07-05 06:39:36)

#3 2012-07-05 08:16:31

From my understanding, they have finally done away with the stress cards.  these days Drill Sergeants don't need to scream and yell to instill fear in the hearts of those soft little public school products.  All they need to do is tell some tales from their multiple tours in Afghanistan, or show of their prosthetic limbs.

Very Starship Troopers.

I went through OSUT in '88.  I was expecting scenes from Full Metal Jacket.  Instead I got drill sergeants who not only couldn't hit you, but couldn't even swear properly because of political correctness.  All that was fixed once I got in the Ranger pipeline.

#4 2012-07-05 11:19:33

Screaming at recruits may help them remember to blouse their BDU trousers or put their M-16 together faster, but it's going to do fuck-all to teach a raw recruit to maintain situational awareness or operate most of the high-tech crap that has become standard issue for even the newest recruits.

#5 2012-07-05 12:16:57

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Screaming at recruits may help them remember

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/gomerpyle.png

The males of my parents generation were mostly WWII and Korean War era vets. The draftees and enlisted among them carried a life long loathing for authority and regret for fragging fantasies that weren't quite real enough. The verbal abuse, I assumed, was meant to instill more fear in their officers and than the enemy.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#6 2012-07-05 12:21:24

My father was a drill Sargent before he qualified for Officer school.  Ummmmm, let us say he didn't forget the verbal bs whilst I was growing up.  He is kinder and gentler now tho.

#7 2012-07-05 12:29:45

Dmtdust wrote:

My father was a drill Sargent before he qualified for Officer school.  Ummmmm, let us say he didn't forget the verbal bs whilst I was growing up.  He is kinder and gentler now tho.

Mine ain't.

#8 2012-07-05 15:07:12

XregnaR wrote:

Instead I got drill sergeants who not only couldn't hit you, but couldn't even swear properly because of political correctness.

Rhymes with maggot?

Board footer

cruelery.com