#1 2012-08-03 11:26:35

I am betting it happens within three weeks of the elections, especially if Obama remains tied or behind in the polls. 

#2 2012-08-03 13:01:58

I hate Israel!  The world would be a better place if the Zionists were driven into the sea and their shitty little country wiped off the map!  Unfortunately, they've threatened to destroy the rest of the world using their nukes if it looks like they're going under.

#3 2012-08-03 13:23:05

fnord wrote:

I hate Israel!  The world would be a better place if the Zionists were driven into the sea and their shitty little country wiped off the map!  Unfortunately, they've threatened to destroy the rest of the world using their nukes if it looks like they're going under.

Looks like Obama will try to buy votes by helping them bomb Iran, and I'm not totally against that idea.  I doubt Iran would stop at Israel if it had the threat of nukes.  I would rather Israel wasn't there either, but they are.  I am not of the belief, however, that Israel is the only reason radical Muslims want to kill us and rule the region.  Follow the money, oil money.

#6 2012-08-04 19:10:48

If you haven't already figured it out, the United States supports Israel primarily to foment instability in the Middle East, so the other regional countries there don't unite in solidarity to manipulate oil prices in our disfavor more than they already do. Israel is the scorpion wreaking havoc on its neighboring ant hills, so these states cannot ally and recapture their historical influence. OPEC and the Sunni and Shia sectarian differences harbor additional elements of chaos. You might argue that the existence of Israel provides some common basis of unification for these states, but in reality it does not, particularly given our historical support of various other tyrannies in the region. The reason our government bears such a grudge against Assange and Wikileaks is because upset the known landscape and catalyzed such precipitous change in the region (which was no doubt inevitable). Nobody really knows what's going down next. Our state department and intelligence agencies have lost many historical avenues of influence. Does the fall of Syria herald the fall of Hezbollah, or will it become a new breeding ground for Al Queda? Will Iran's regime finally fall because it's so over the barrel with economic sanctions? If Israel unilaterally bombs Iran, the sanctions which are taking the current regime to the brink will be for naught, and every Muslim state will have common cause to unite under. Nobody knows what happens next, but rest assured Israel will opportunistically always be there to agitate against any regional unification as the deem necessary to their strategic benefit.

[EDIT: couple more pages of this dreck and I'll be in the same company as Kathy]

Last edited by lechero (2012-08-04 19:59:33)

#7 2012-08-04 22:16:10

lechero wrote:

If you haven't already figured it out, the United States supports Israel primarily to foment instability in the Middle East, so the other regional countries there don't unite in solidarity to manipulate oil prices in our disfavor more than they already do. Israel is the scorpion wreaking havoc on its neighboring ant hills, so these states cannot ally and recapture their historical influence. OPEC and the Sunni and Shia sectarian differences harbor additional elements of chaos. You might argue that the existence of Israel provides some common basis of unification for these states, but in reality it does not, particularly given our historical support of various other tyrannies in the region. The reason our government bears such a grudge against Assange and Wikileaks is because upset the known landscape and catalyzed such precipitous change in the region (which was no doubt inevitable). Nobody really knows what's going down next. Our state department and intelligence agencies have lost many historical avenues of influence. Does the fall of Syria herald the fall of Hezbollah, or will it become a new breeding ground for Al Queda? Will Iran's regime finally fall because it's so over the barrel with economic sanctions? If Israel unilaterally bombs Iran, the sanctions which are taking the current regime to the brink will be for naught, and every Muslim state will have common cause to unite under. Nobody knows what happens next, but rest assured Israel will opportunistically always be there to agitate against any regional unification as the deem necessary to their strategic benefit.

[EDIT: couple more pages of this dreck and I'll be in the same company as Kathy]

That all sounds pretty important but I've been wrapping my brain around another possibility lately. What if D.O.G. was actually spelled C.A.T.?
Yeah, I threw that mind fuck out on you. Don't hate.

#8 2012-08-04 23:04:31

Banjo wrote:

lechero wrote:

That all sounds pretty important but I've been wrapping my brain around another possibility lately. What if D.O.G. was actually spelled C.A.T.?

W.T.F?

#10 2012-08-05 00:43:14

lechero wrote:

(plausible analysis) Nobody really knows what's going down next...

If recent history is any judge, we're going to force another war.

lechero wrote:

Our state department and intelligence agencies have lost many historical avenues of influence. Does the fall of Syria herald the fall of Hezbollah, or will it become a new breeding ground for Al Queda? Will Iran's regime finally fall because it's so over the barrel with economic sanctions? If Israel unilaterally bombs Iran, the sanctions which are taking the current regime to the brink will be for naught, and every Muslim state will have common cause to unite under.

True, unimportant, unlikely and see my previous statement.

lechero wrote:

Nobody knows what happens next, but rest assured Israel will opportunistically always be there to agitate against any regional unification as the deem necessary to their strategic benefit.

I resent the billions of dollars spent to finance the Arab wedge, but what I resent more is that we're more the puppet than the puppeteer.

#11 2012-08-05 07:05:28

Bigcat wrote:

Banjo wrote:

lechero wrote:

W.T.F?

Come on, Bigcat. You've never seen "Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise." I kind of screwed up the original quote due to an intoxicating beverage but here it is.

Arnold Poindexter: So what you're saying essentially is, is that along with infinite space which extends beyond perpetual bigness there's also infinite smallness?
Harold Wormser: [nods head in agreement]
Arnold Poindexter: How?
Harold Wormser: Easy. Take an asymptotic line and extend it outward.
Arnold Poindexter: Oh.
Stewart: Right, right, right. So perpetual bigness exists simultaneously with perpetual smallness. What was I thinking?
Ogre: What if uh C-A-T really spelled dog?
Arnold Poindexter: Wow.
Harold Wormser: God.
Stewart: Yeah.
Arnold Poindexter: That's heavy Ogre. Dog.

#12 2012-08-05 10:39:46

Oh, No I never watched it. I don't watch much television or movies.

#13 2012-08-07 09:21:08

phreddy wrote:

I am betting it happens within three weeks of the elections, especially if Obama remains tied or behind in the polls.

Awww . . .  You are so cute when you base your expectations with no consideration for the fact that AIPAC dictates United Statesian Middle-Eastern policy.

{A Slightly More Condescending Tone Than My Kittens Will Tolerate}Who's Sean Hannity's blank slate?  Who's Sean Hannity's cute little blank slate?  Yes, you are.  Yes you are.{/A Slightly More Condescending Tone Than My Kittens Will Tolerate}

Board footer

cruelery.com