#1 2012-10-30 21:13:01

When someone complains government wrong doing, will it be a trap?
Informant: NYPD paid me to 'bait' Muslims

By ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZO | Associated Press – 10/23/2012

NEW YORK (AP) — A paid informant for the New York Police Department's intelligence unit was under orders to "bait" Muslims into saying inflammatory things as he lived a double life, snapping pictures inside mosques and collecting the names of innocent people attending study groups on Islam, he told The Associated Press.

Shamiur Rahman, a 19-year-old American of Bangladeshi descent who has now denounced his work as an informant, said police told him to embrace a strategy called "create and capture." He said it involved creating a conversation about jihad or terrorism, then capturing the response to send to the NYPD. For his work, he earned as much as $1,000 a month and goodwill from the police after a string of minor marijuana arrests.

http://news.yahoo.com/informant-nypd-pa … 58506.html

#2 2012-12-12 18:28:18

Interesting information for share.

HOW FEDERAL INFORMANTS WORK

There was once a time when a group of people could get together, shout "informant" in unison, and slander the reputation of a political activist. With the emergence of the internet, and the easy availability of government records, it has become easy for any person to quickly determine whether someone has rendered substantial assistance to the government. Here, I will explain how federal informants work and how one can access information on them. I also urge people to stop treating this subject so lightly - rehabilitating actual dangerous informants, while using the term "informant" as a smear.

SNITCH CULTURE

The US Department of Justice employs about 10,000 FBI field agents. FBI regulations require each agent to employ at least 4 confidential informants, and suggest 10 as an appropriate mean. This means that approximately 100,000 Americans work as informants for the FBI. When America's other 32 law enforcement agencies are considered, between 600,000 and 12 million Americans -- perhaps one out of every 200 adults -- works fulltime for the federal government reporting on other Americans.

Informants are paid approximately $400/week for their services. Thus, this profession tends to attract those for whom $1730 a month -- $20,800 a year -- is a substantial incentive. People who are not mentally ill or otherwise living on disability and welfare benefits, or people laboring at the lower echelons of drug organizations, tend to be particular recruitment targets, as are those who are otherwise unemployed. Informants also receive a bonus for convicting others -- generally, they receive $100 for every year of sentence a victim receives -- 20 years is a $2000 bonus, for instance.
…..
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=147531

#3 2012-12-12 18:55:33

Sources!  Well done.

#4 2012-12-12 19:47:21

I wonder if they need Canadians. If they do, I'm available. And yes, I know what Choad keeps in his sock drawer.

#5 2012-12-13 09:01:47

Ever since To Catch a Predator came on, entrapment seems the only way police seem to make a bust any more. Cheaper than doing the leg work or just manufacturing a public need?

#6 2012-12-26 22:01:20

DEA makes living on drug case. FBI makes living on terror case. Without these cases, they lose value to exist. So if there is none, they create one.

To expand their power, DEA invented "War on drugs"; FBI and Pentagon invented "War on Terror". Under those two wars, drug business and terror activities become prosperous. So are the DEA, FBI and Pentagon. They got fat budget and expanded power - Patriot Act and NDAA.

#7 2012-12-27 01:38:24

katsung47 wrote:

DEA makes living on drug case. FBI makes living on terror case. Without these cases, they lose value to exist. So if there is none, they create one.

To expand their power, DEA invented "War on drugs"; FBI and Pentagon invented "War on Terror". Under those two wars, drug business and terror activities become prosperous. So are the DEA, FBI and Pentagon. They got fat budget and expanded power - Patriot Act and NDAA.

Well duh.

#8 2012-12-27 02:06:25

Wow, I agree with kat.  Something must have slipped in the matrix.

I found the vnnforum post interesting.  I wish it was sourced, but I don't want to root around the web looking for agency regulations.

#9 2013-01-12 16:57:45

Hound

The war on terror was invented by the Feds. The purpose is to demand more money and power from people. So when the intelligence and Pentagon are there, the terror will be there too. If there is none, they create one.

Human have hound in their house to protect their family against the wolf. As the hound getting more power, they don't want to be guards any more. They want to be master. So the hound trained some wolf they captured. Let these agent wolf to attack and kill human. Human is frightened. They give hound whatever they demanded -money, power ..... Now hound become master. When they need something, they let the agent wolf have an attack on human, then said, this is a long war, to protect your lives, I need warrantless surveillance, more budget fund, torture prison.... . The hound repeated its demand, "This enemy has struck us, and they will strike again, and we'll give our folks the tools necessary to protect the country," if you don't then the hound "can not protect ourselves".

That's why we saw after 10 years, occasionally a wolf or two were captured. But hundreds of thousands of innocent people died. There is an endless war to control people. A constant blackmail for more power.

#10 2013-01-26 20:21:33

Manufacturing Terrorists

Inside the FBI's terror sting operations.

Michael German | January 15, 2013

In addition to providing leniency, if not forgiveness, for heinous crimes, the FBI pays these informants tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, creating a perverse incentive for them to ensnare dupes into terror plots. Aaronson quotes an FBI official defending this practice: "To catch the devil you have to go to hell."

Such an analysis might make sense when police leverage one criminal to gain information about more serious criminal conspiracies—in other words, to catch a real "devil." But Aaronson's research reveals that the targets in most of these sting operations clearly pose little real threat. They may have a history of angry anti-government rhetoric, but they take no steps toward terrorist acts until they receive encouragement and resources from government agents.

Aaronson takes pains to avoid portraying those caught in the stings as completely innocent of malice. But he demonstrates that they almost universally lack violent criminal histories or connections to real terrorist groups. Most importantly, while they may have talked about committing violent acts, they rarely had weapons of their own and lacked the financial means to acquire them. Yet the government provides them with military hardware that would cost thousands of dollars and would be extremely difficult for even sophisticated criminal organizations to obtain, only to bust them in a staged finale.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/15/m … terrorists

#11 2013-02-10 20:04:24

Chomsky, US a Top Terrorist StatePosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … QPOsOxdxnE

Board footer

cruelery.com