#2 2012-11-01 11:29:02

In the case of legitimate gay, the good lord has ways of shutting that whole process down.

#3 2012-11-01 11:37:36

For most of his life, Blake Smith said, “every inch of my body craved male sexual contact.”

And that, folks, is my own personal definition of bisexual (YMMV).  I may be wrong, but to me the 'craving of male sexual contact' is simply a bisexual thing.  I see being gay as going beyond the sexual only, such that a person who identifies as gay 'craves being in love with a male' (as well as craving male sexual contact, of course).

#4 2012-11-01 12:51:55

At 58, perhaps his nuts are drying up.  Stupid Fuck.

#5 2012-11-01 13:17:56

whosasailorthen wrote:

For most of his life, Blake Smith said, “every inch of my body craved male sexual contact.”

And that, folks, is my own personal definition of bisexual (YMMV).  I may be wrong, but to me the 'craving of male sexual contact' is simply a bisexual thing.  I see being gay as going beyond the sexual only, such that a person who identifies as gay 'craves being in love with a male' (as well as craving male sexual contact, of course).

As one of High Street's token gays (and I've always admired HS for its decision to hire not one but two tokens) I have to say: that's a really weird way of phrasing it. Honestly, did you crave being in love with a female?

"Gay" is a modern construct. Same sex attraction, of course, is not. But as a man who is attracted to other men - a fact for which, unlike those poor losers featured in the Times piece, I am exceedingly grateful - I am also romantically inclined toward the members of my gender. It's not a choice. I suppose I could choose, as you could as well, not to involve myself with the gender to which I am attracted, but what would be the point? Then I'd be miserable as those sops, as you would, as well.

But I have to elaborate. As I said, "gay" is a modern construct but only in the sense that it's only very recently in our history that those like myself have been permitted to live our lives as best suits us, rather than trying to fit an imposed standard which is not only inappropriate but uncomfortable and alienating. To suggest it's merely a matter of bisexuality also downplays and denigrates your own orientation and its importance in your life. Is your wife in danger of your suddenly deciding to start balling other dudes because there's some latent switch-hitter deep down inside you just aching to get out?

People don't choose to be straight but they do choose to believe in archaic, bronze-age superstitions and myths.

#6 2012-11-01 13:36:17

Taint, I think we're in violent agreement, though I phrased it from a hetero point of view.  I don't 'crave' being in love with a woman - that was too strong a word - but I desire to be in love with a woman, as a 'gay' man desires to be in love with a man.  What I was trying to say was the the fundamental difference between 'gay' and 'bisexual' is that gay includes a genuine love element, whereas bisexuality is just that - sexual desire only - and most bisexual males wish to fall in love with a woman.  And this 'cure' is rubbish because it's only 'curing' the bisexual desire (and even that I highly doubt - it's really only sublimating it), and that to 'cure' a person who truly identifies as gay is entirely impossible.  I'm pretty sure I could not be 'cured' to love a man, and I doubt the reverse is true.

#7 2012-11-01 14:13:01

whosasailorthen wrote:

Taint, I think we're in violent agreement, though I phrased it from a hetero point of view.  I don't 'crave' being in love with a woman - that was too strong a word - but I desire to be in love with a woman, as a 'gay' man desires to be in love with a man.  What I was trying to say was the the fundamental difference between 'gay' and 'bisexual' is that gay includes a genuine love element, whereas bisexuality is just that - sexual desire only - and most bisexual males wish to fall in love with a woman.  And this 'cure' is rubbish because it's only 'curing' the bisexual desire (and even that I highly doubt - it's really only sublimating it), and that to 'cure' a person who truly identifies as gay is entirely impossible.  I'm pretty sure I could not be 'cured' to love a man, and I doubt the reverse is true.

That makes much more sense. Even then, though, I would wonder about the romantic inclinations of professed bi-guys. Over the years, I've known several guys who lived their lives as gay men while still enjoying romantic dalliances with women. I know several erstwhile straight men who enjoy sex with other guys (although that sex takes quite a few different forms, from full-on penetrative sex to non-penetrative S/M as a top) and, then, there are those guys who will fuck just about anything provided it's carbon-based and, generally, mammalian.

#8 2012-11-01 15:11:30

I think it's perfectly possible to "love" a man just like a woman, sexually or asexually. We just tend to call asexual love "friendship" but if you are a very lucky person, you may find out that word isn't enough to convey real love.

I had a very good friend who was bi, including having children with his ex wife and then adopting with his current partner. When he was dating in between, he went out with both men and women, but was never the gigolo or bathhouse type, just a regular guy looking for love in the big city. It WAS always fun to see who he brought to the Christmas party...

"gayness" has run the gamut from openly accepted (and required) spartan army unions to the locked down 1950s and open aggression. I take it as a sign of our changing mores. Heck, up until 20 years ago we were trying to "correct" left handedness, treating it medically as a birth defect.

#9 2012-11-01 15:24:16

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Heck, up until 20 years ago we were trying to "correct" left handedness, treating it medically as a birth defect.

Well, come on. They are weird.

#10 2012-11-01 15:30:22

Taint wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Heck, up until 20 years ago we were trying to "correct" left handedness, treating it medically as a birth defect.

Well, come on. They are weird.

The Arabs still do. 

Wipe left, eat right.

#11 2012-11-01 15:39:05

I have the feeling that most of these idiots are confusing discomfort with the rampant promiscuity encouraged by the commercialized “gay culture” with unhappiness over their sexuality.  I found it fun at first, but after awhile I got sick of the users, the head games, and in some cases the really messed-up people who were drowning, and who were pulling me down with them when they tried to use me as a life raft.

In my case, it took accepting the fact that I’m not emotionally cut out to have sex with hundreds of random strangers per year.  I concentrated on developing a group of stable fuck buddies to take care of my sexual needs and minimized my exposure to what for me was the toxic gay bar culture.  Eventually one of my fuck buddies became my life partner.  Fucking a cast of thousands was a dysfunctional method of searching for what I always knew I wanted; a same gender spouse.

This isn’t a condemnation of people who have no interest in a long-term partner and really want to spend their time fucking a cast of thousands.  It’s a suggestion that people who are unhappy with their sexuality consider the possibility that the way they express their sexuality is what is making them unhappy, not the fact that they’re attracted to their own gender.

#12 2012-11-01 16:17:11

whosasailorthen wrote:

Then why do you insist on munching Em's dick?

#13 2012-11-01 17:45:03

In Louisiana, we are taught that alligators are ornery because they have all those teeth and no toothbrush. Hetero married homos are the human equivalent of this most educated deep thought. They are ornery because they have all of those queer genes and no buttholes.

#14 2012-11-01 17:47:39

Banjo wrote:

In Louisiana, we are taught that alligators are ornery because they have all those teeth and no toothbrush. Hetero married homos are the human equivalent of this most educated deep thought. They are ornery because they have all of those queer genes and no buttholes.

I dunno, last time I was in Louisiana I saw lots of buttholes. Mostly on in NOLA.

In fact, I was one of them.

Last edited by Bigcat (2012-11-01 17:48:05)

#15 2012-11-01 17:49:57

Bigcat wrote:

Banjo wrote:

I dunno, last time I was in Louisiana I saw lots of buttholes. Mostly on in NOLA.

I'm hoping you were a "butthole" south of the 800 block of Bourbon. You become a "rosebud" after that block.

#16 2012-11-01 19:22:14

Banjo wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Banjo wrote:

I'm hoping you were a "butthole" south of the 800 block of Bourbon. You become a "rosebud" after that block.

So THAT'S where the cutoff is.   I was pretty fucked up but most of my insides were still inside me when I got home.

#17 2012-11-01 19:40:16

If you continue up Bourbon after seeing this sign, you might wake up the next day with an "owie" on your colon.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/415_frenchquarter8b.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by Banjo (2012-11-01 19:41:32)

#18 2012-11-01 19:45:41

Banjo wrote:

If you continue up Bourbon after seeing this sign, you might wake up the next day with an "owie" on your colon.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/415 … rter8b.jpg

Can't say for sure. Does that make me gay? Please don't let fnord kiss me.

#19 2012-11-01 20:01:38

Bigcat wrote:

Banjo wrote:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/415 … rter8b.jpg

Can't say for sure. Does that make me gay? Please don't let fnord kiss me.

A great prank is to take a really drunk newbie that has to piss bad to the bar right across the street from the Voodoo Shop. They don't pay attention to their surroundings running in to the bathroom but the long walk back from the pisser is a knee slapper. Assless chaps are considered formal wear there.

#20 2012-11-01 21:12:01

Banjo wrote:

Assless chaps are considered formal wear there.

For the umpteenth time, chaps are, by definition, assless.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/12_chapsfuck.jpg

#21 2012-11-03 03:20:48

Oh you girls, such a frank and open discussion

http://a3.img.mobypicture.com/8f31ea01b46a0099d284a7f78410b43b_large.jpg

Board footer

cruelery.com