#2 2012-12-28 10:15:47

When each of my sons joined the swim team their grades soon went up significantly.  Now, this may have been due to the exercise, or it also may have been due to the fact that they had early morning practices at 5:00 am before school, so by the time they got to class they were very wide awake and their bodies were pumped up and energized so that they were ready to listen and absorb learning. Or it could be that there was peer pressure on the team to have good grades - the combined average on the swim team is over 4.0, a point about which they take great pride as no other teams (football, etc.) come even close. 

Whatever the case, each of the boys ended up a full grade point higher after they were on the team than they were before.  Was it the exercise?  Dunno.  But it worked.

#3 2013-01-03 12:06:08

Or maybe they are just both symptoms of motivation. Motivated kids join sports teams and motivated kids study.

I don't care how good their grades are, I'm just tired of getting stuck behind their fat asses in the school hallway. My daughters 4th grade has a child in another class that's already so fat she has to have a mobility scooter to get around. It's fun to watch her "walk" around the track for Miler's Club every Wednesday...

#4 2013-01-03 12:13:19

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Or maybe they are just both symptoms of motivation. Motivated kids join sports teams and motivated kids study.

I don't care how good their grades are, I'm just tired of getting stuck behind their fat asses in the school hallway. My daughters 4th grade has a child in another class that's already so fat she has to have a mobility scooter to get around. It's fun to watch her "walk" around the track for Miler's Club every Wednesday...

Is she hawt?

#5 2013-01-03 14:10:20

Not so fast there Wilber.  Here in California everything has a tax.

SANTA MONICA (CBSLA.com) — In a city where fitness is held at a premium, Santa Monica officials are considering a big fine on aerobics instructors who use public parks to teach.

City officials have discussed charging trainers a $100 annual fee and taking 15 percent of their gross revenue. They may also ban certain parks from being used for workout lessons.

#6 2013-01-03 21:16:40

phreddy wrote:

Not so fast there Wilber.  Here in California everything has a tax.

SANTA MONICA (CBSLA.com) — In a city where fitness is held at a premium, Santa Monica officials are considering a big fine on aerobics instructors who use public parks to teach.

City officials have discussed charging trainers a $100 annual fee and taking 15 percent of their gross revenue. They may also ban certain parks from being used for workout lessons.

At first glance that does seem a bit counter-productive, but as a runner I value the woods and parks, and would be angered if they were cluttered up by fuckwads making money teaching sheeple to perform jumping jacks or (worse) yoga. Exercise classes are private commercial ventures; parks are public non-commercial places. For the two to coincide generally requires a licence - I say tax the silly fuckers till they fuck off and go the fuck home.

#7 2013-01-04 09:36:30

Bigcat wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Is she hawt?

She's sweaty, is that close enough for you?

Board footer

cruelery.com