#2 2013-01-03 16:04:37

My mother taught elementary-aged kids for over 40 years. Her take on little girls is not flattering. She found that they were generally motivated by appearances, grades, social ranking, and the need to appear "good." Little boys, on the  other hand, were motivated by the need to run around in circles make explosive noises with their mouths.

#3 2013-01-03 16:11:06

Having a boy in US schools is not the best of situations.  Of course, preferable to Public School in Britain.

#4 2013-01-03 16:36:42

It's obvious that teachers get so sick of the little pricks running around and being goof balls that they favor the cute little girls who perform less well yet sit quietly and behave.

On a somewhat related subject, I discovered last night that my grandson, who is 2 years and 9 months old can read.  I was showing him the photos in a new calendar we had just opened when he started pointing at the name of the months and sounding them out phonetically.  After I regained my composure, I went back to January and asked him to read them.  He got all but January and June.  I asked my daughter about this and she was just as surprised as we were.  He knows all his letters and the sounds they make, but none of us had ever seen him sound out whole words using phonetics.  It's a little scary.  He's not even potty trained yet.

#5 2013-01-03 16:49:25

Very cool!

#6 2013-01-03 16:59:01

phreddy wrote:

On a somewhat related subject, I discovered last night that my grandson, who is 2 years and 9 months old can read.

Next up in the phreddy household, cheek swabs for everybody to confirm paternity. No, not that cheek -)

#7 2013-01-03 16:59:33

phreddy wrote:

It's obvious that teachers get so sick of the little pricks running around and being goof balls that they favor the cute little girls who perform less well yet sit quietly and behave.

On a somewhat related subject, I discovered last night that my grandson, who is 2 years and 9 months old can read.  I was showing him the photos in a new calendar we had just opened when he started pointing at the name of the months and sounding them out phonetically.  After I regained my composure, I went back to January and asked him to read them.  He got all but January and June.  I asked my daughter about this and she was just as surprised as we were.  He knows all his letters and the sounds they make, but none of us had ever seen him sound out whole words using phonetics.  It's a little scary.  He's not even potty trained yet.

3 years old and not potty trained? Maybe give him a book to read in the shitter.

#8 2013-01-03 18:15:07

choad wrote:

phreddy wrote:

On a somewhat related subject, I discovered last night that my grandson, who is 2 years and 9 months old can read.

Next up in the phreddy household, cheek swabs for everybody to confirm paternity. No, not that cheek -)

Although we all know I am brilliant, I am not claiming responsibility for the kid's intellect.  My son-in-law, his dad, wrote a 250 page novel when he was 14 and taught himself to play the piano as a child (he won a regional talent contest at 17 without ever taking a lesson).  Now, if he could just make enough money to properly support my daughter and my grandson, all would be well.

Board footer

cruelery.com