#1 2013-05-07 02:04:14

The elephant that never forgets.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_tia.png

That no human communications can be allowed to take place without the scrutinizing eye of the US government is indeed the animating principle of the US Surveillance State. Still, this revelation, made in passing on CNN, that every single telephone call made by and among Americans is recorded and stored is something which most people undoubtedly do not know, even if the small group of people who focus on surveillance issues believed it to be true (clearly, both Burnett and Costello were shocked to hear this).

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2013-05-07 06:36:44

Well, I for one, would certainly like to know what they make of all of our silliness and rants we post on High-Street; keep it up folks our best defense is organized confusion.

#3 2013-05-07 11:52:10

I remember discussions on various list about this coming to fruition in the late 90's, or so.

#4 2013-05-07 17:44:10

So, annually, what's that?  About one hundred billion hours of teenage girls talking about absolutely nothing?  And about one trillion text messages containing same?

#5 2013-05-07 17:55:56

I'm glad you posted this Em.  I saw the article but hesitated to post it.  I've already linked a number of articles about government encroachment on privacy and individual rights.  You know this information will be used for political purposes.  Hell, J. Edgar Hoover made an art form of it.  And every administration gets caught digging into the IRS and FBI files on opponents.

#6 2013-05-07 19:51:52

phreddy wrote:

I'm glad you posted this Em.  I saw the article but hesitated to post it.  I've already linked a number of articles about government encroachment on privacy and individual rights.  You know this information will be used for political purposes.  Hell, J. Edgar Hoover made an art form of it.  And every administration gets caught digging into the IRS and FBI files on opponents.

It was Johnny who posted this one, I was intending to post the link to the new Data Center in Utah but I got busy with bullshit.  I need to start drinking again so I can maintain my focus again.

#7 2013-05-07 22:27:45

They don't need to know *everything* about *everyone* all of the time. But having it in their back pockets makes it trivially easy for them to nudge the public perception of you over the line into felon or miscreant if it becomes useful to do so.

Board footer

cruelery.com