#2 2013-05-16 12:35:42

In other words, real men are conservative and pencil necks are liberals.

Men who are physically strong are more likely to take a right wing political stance, while weaker men are inclined to support the welfare state, according to a new study.

Researchers discovered political motivations may have evolutionary links to physical strength.

Men's upper-body strength predicts their political opinions on economic redistribution, according to the research.

#3 2013-05-16 12:45:37

Steroidal meatheads promote fascism? Yes, I'm shocked.

Due process for everyone would make me a happy man.

#4 2013-05-16 13:30:11

Everyone drop and give me twenty.
Those that fail must be the pansy ass liberals.

#5 2013-05-16 13:42:46

So, we finally discover the root of liberalism.  98 lb weaklings who were jealous of the jocks in school and the ugly girls who envied the cheerleaders are now taking their revenge.  It all makes sense.

#6 2013-05-16 15:09:03

phreddy wrote:

So, we finally discover the root of liberalism.  98 lb weaklings who were jealous of the jocks in school and the ugly girls who envied the cheerleaders are now taking their revenge.  It all makes sense.

Close, what you have discovered is the root of politicians, they care not which party.

#7 2013-05-17 01:40:01

The strong and stupid were sports oriented in high school, which taught them to follow the leader and engage in group think.  The geeks had to invent themselves and became freethinkers; they didn't have an authoritarian coach telling them what to think, and that they had to shut up and obey.

#8 2013-05-17 04:28:22

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/he-man-woman-hater.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#9 2013-05-17 05:36:29

fnord wrote:

The strong and stupid were sports oriented in high school, which taught them to follow the leader and engage in group think.  The geeks had to invent themselves and became freethinkers; they didn't have an authoritarian coach telling them what to think, and that they had to shut up and obey.

Have you considered counseling?  Repressed anxiety is really not good for you...

#10 2013-05-17 08:24:57

Emmeran wrote:

Have you considered counseling?  Repressed anxiety is really not good for you...

You're calling fnord a homo, amiright? They end most sentences like this where you live now, so get used to it.

As it happens, I agree with him on this subject. I know, huh?

#11 2013-05-17 08:43:27

choad wrote:

You're calling fnord a homo, amiright?

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with brawn, brains or athleticism; I can point you to several major college football lineman (I know the brutes) who went on to medical, science or law careers.  In times of yore the failure to develop your physical and competitive nature along with your intellect and artistic talents was considered wasteful and slothenly; I still agree with that principle.  Hell if nothing else just take a look at Stanford University, Northwestern or Cal Berkeley - they don't lower their standards for anybody and they have very competitive athletic teams.

One of my favorite memories in life is the times I watched my massive, brawny brother (with a serious stutter) smoke the "geeks" at chess.

#12 2013-05-17 09:03:23

Emmeran wrote:

In times of yore the failure to develop your physical and competitive nature along with your intellect and artistic talents was considered wasteful and slothenly; I still agree with that principle.

You missed the point. I was a rabid bog hockey and sandlot baseball fan as a kid. The object was to have fun, blow off steam and goof on your friends, not hurt each other. You don't need organized sport, or helmets, pads, cleats, major surgery and a college scholarship for that.

#13 2013-05-17 09:29:27

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

In times of yore the failure to develop your physical and competitive nature along with your intellect and artistic talents was considered wasteful and slothenly; I still agree with that principle.

You missed the point. I was a rabid bog hockey and sandlot baseball fan as a kid. The object was to have fun, blow off steam and goof on your friends, not hurt each other. You don't need organized sport, or helmets, pads, cleats, major surgery and a college scholarship for that.

Oh I very much agree that sports, like many other things in our culture, have spun wildly out of control - but it doesn't change the basic thesis of conditioning mind and body.  At the same time excelling in sports (whether team or individual, organized or ad-hoc) is still greatly beneficial at all ages.    I merely commented on Fnord's  branding of athletes (the strong and stupid) as lesser beings.

#14 2013-05-17 12:31:32

Forget the culture of sports in development of political persuasion.  The study says it's inherited as a product of evolution.  So, just as fnord was born gay and liberal, I was born to be strong, aggressive, and conservative.

#15 2013-05-17 12:50:51

phreddy wrote:

Forget the culture of sports in development of political persuasion.  The study says it's inherited as a product of evolution.  So, just as fnord was born gay and liberal, I was born to be strong, aggressive, and conservative.

None of these actually have a thing to do with the other, there are a lot of strong, aggressive fags out there just as there are many feminine, weak conservatives (with wide stances).  My evolution as strong, aggressive and hetero makes me want you to fuck off with your mommy-dearest conservative controlling doctrine.  So go masturbate with your god for a while and leave me to what I will.

#16 2013-05-17 13:19:44

Phwedd/Conservative = HeMan!

#17 2013-05-19 22:13:01

phreddy wrote:

I was born to be strong, aggressive, and conservative.

And the military seems to be chock full of strong, agressive rapists. The few, the proud?

Strong aggressive assholes.

#18 2013-05-19 22:21:54

I think that Phwedd is hard wired for fear.  It is in every post, hence his aggressiveness, which in general denotes someone who has an overt fear of the void, and end of life.  He probably will go out screaming and crying for his Mom.  I have seen it more than a few times. 

This is not a criticism, as he didn't make the leap that most people do at 3 years old to a socialized being.  It happens.  We see the results all the time.  He needs understanding, and love.  I can at least give the understanding and stop setting off his alarm bells all of the time.

#19 2013-05-19 23:21:27

As far as I'm concerned, his "strong, aggressive" stance is a mere nuance away from "This one's got a real purdy mouth."

#20 2013-05-20 05:03:01

Dmtdust wrote:

He needs understanding, and love.  I can at least give the understanding and stop setting off his alarm bells all of the time.

I'm going to have to work on that.

#21 2013-05-20 05:40:48

sigmoid freud wrote:

phreddy wrote:

And the military seems to be chock full of strong, agressive rapists. The few, the proud?

This is an interesting situation, is there an extraordinary number of rapes being committed when compared to that demographic as a whole?  Obviously the 18 ~24 year old male demographic is responsible for more assaults, dis-orderly conducts and pure assholeishness than any other group in our species but the real question is does the military have a specific problem or is it just easier to highlight a group as specific as them?

And I'm not going to even bother with the decade of war part of the equation or that member on member rapes have increase linearly with the introduction of women to that environment.  (I've still not seen a single positive cost-benefit analysis on the mixing of females into the standing forces, we have and continue to spend vast amounts of money without specifically increasing our readiness or abilities.)

#22 2013-05-20 20:20:40

Emmeran wrote:

sigmoid freud wrote:

phreddy wrote:

This is an interesting situation, is there an extraordinary number of rapes being committed when compared to that demographic as a whole?  Obviously the 18 ~24 year old male demographic is responsible for more assaults, dis-orderly conducts and pure assholeishness than any other group in our species but the real question is does the military have a specific problem or is it just easier to highlight a group as specific as them?

And I'm not going to even bother with the decade of war part of the equation or that member on member rapes have increase linearly with the introduction of women to that environment.  (I've still not seen a single positive cost-benefit analysis on the mixing of females into the standing forces, we have and continue to spend vast amounts of money without specifically increasing our readiness or abilities.)

From one of the Dune novels.

The military mentality is a bandit and raider mentality. Thus, all military represents form of organized banditry where the conventional mores do not prevail./ The military is a way of rationalizing murder, rape, looting, and other forms of theft which are always accepted as part of warfare. When denied an outside target, the military mentality always turns against its own civilian population, using identical rationalizations for bandit behavior.
--BuSab Manual, Chapter Five: "The Warlord Syndrome"

Board footer

cruelery.com