• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » The slope gets a little steeper and a little more slick

#2 2013-06-03 20:19:50

DNA is just the 21st Century's fingerprints. 

What's next is that a whole bunch of unsolved crimes are going to be cleared up.

#3 2013-06-04 00:21:26

I guess this is next.  Once we have everyone entered in the big database we can start sorting and sifting and filtering to our shriveled hearts desire.

edit: fixed link

Last edited by choad (2013-06-04 01:32:11)

#4 2013-06-04 02:25:37

The dissent makes it pretty clear - the majority's opinion opens the way to DNA collection for anything that can be construed as an "identification" purpose.  Scalia's petulant writing style seems unlikely to win over many, though.

#5 2013-06-04 03:51:42

Google wrote:

"We don't allow Glassware content that contains nudity, graphic sex acts or sexually explicit material........ Google also bans gratuitous violence, hate speech and gambling on Glass.

Yeah, right. There go the only six reasons for buying Goo-Goo Goggles.

#6 2013-06-04 04:11:12

square wrote:

The dissent makes it pretty clear - the majority's opinion opens the way to DNA collection for anything that can be construed as an "identification" purpose.  Scalia's petulant writing style seems unlikely to win over many, though.

I don't often find myself agreeing with Scalia and I agree his eloquence didn't do us the largest of favors - I do worry about this though.  Whilst I was a jarhead I was DNA swabbed and am now forever recorded; I'm no longer a young man and am not too awfully concerned on my own regard but I do wonder what this means for my children over the long term.

The iris scanning shit is just fucking frightening though....

#7 2013-06-04 04:24:10

My high school was known to turn copies of yearbook photos over to the local sheriffs department.  During the 70s when I went to the school, many students, including me, refused to be photographed for the yearbook.  The photo they have of me on the reunion site is from the 9th grade.  Many students knew about the photo sharing from older siblings, and as a result there are no official high school photos of them.  The reunion site has a number of names with no photos, and two thirds of the students from my class are listed as "current whereabouts unknown".

#8 2013-06-04 18:26:51

Emmeran wrote:

square wrote:

I don't often find myself agreeing with Scalia and I agree his eloquence didn't do us the largest of favors - I do worry about this though.  Whilst I was a jarhead I was DNA swabbed and am now forever recorded; I'm no longer a young man and am not too awfully concerned on my own regard but I do wonder what this means for my children over the long term.

The iris scanning shit is just fucking frightening though....

Geeze, Em, look on the bright side. 

When they discover your horribly mutilated body one day, and you know day will come, a search of IAFIS will allow the police to tell Mellons know the bad news in short order.

#9 2013-06-04 19:02:40

Baywolfe wrote:

When they discover your horribly mutilated body one day, and you know day will come, a search of IAFIS will allow the police to tell Mellons know the bad news in short order.

Ahh hell, Melons won't even bother, she knows I love a good bar fight and am destined for a less than reputable end.  I only have one question, once you reach AARP age where does one go for a good punch up?

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-06-04 19:03:05)

#10 2013-06-04 19:11:50

fnord wrote:

high school yearbook photos - paranoia

Damn fnord.  Not too full of yourself.

#11 2013-06-04 19:13:30

Emmeran wrote:

I only have one question, once you reach AARP age where does one go for a good punch up?

Anywhere they feel like, Jarhead.

#12 2013-06-04 20:16:21

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Ahh hell, Melons won't even bother, she knows I love a good bar fight and am destined for a less than reputable end.  I only have one question, once you reach AARP age where does one go for a good punch up?

Bingo halls.

#13 2013-06-05 01:46:51

MSG Tripps wrote:

fnord wrote:

high school yearbook photos - paranoia

Damn fnord.  Not too full of yourself.

My parents retired to a horrible little Florida Gestapo town when I was a teenager.  The sheriffs department was well known for its brutality.  I once saw deputies beat a drunk to a bloody pulp.  Being beaten during booking at the jail was a common occurrence. The police would cut a male teenager’s long hair as part of the arrest and booking process.  They would then blackmail or beat the kid into betraying friends.  Teenagers had good reason to fear the police in that town.  People the police hated had a way of disappearing; it was rumored the police fed them to the sharks or alligators. 

My mother went through a stop sign in a residential neighborhood.  At the time she was a brunette and was wearing huge sunglasses.  When she got out of the car, the deputy had a gun drawn on her because he thought he had pulled over a black woman.  When he saw she was White, he put away the gun and became civil.  The sheriff at that time had the same surname as my family, so the deputy assumed my mother was related to him and sent her on her way without a ticket.  My mother became a blonde within a week and was so for the rest of her life.

Last edited by fnord (2013-06-05 01:50:58)

#14 2013-06-05 02:14:11

Baywolfe wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Bingo halls.

Laugh or not as you like, I've witnessed two bingo hall fights, the first I unwittingly caused myself when I was 20 and still too young to legally drink. Two elderly sister spinsters sitting next to me noticed my Jim Beam filled thermos and promised to rat me out if I didn't share. They promptly drained it and got shitfaced, altogether too easy at 10,000ft above sea level. The two combatants were soon rolling around the floor trying to claim the same prize, while I snuck out the back.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » The slope gets a little steeper and a little more slick

Board footer

cruelery.com