#1 2013-08-20 10:04:48

https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_churchstate.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2013-08-20 10:27:22

Yea. That'll fly.

#3 2013-08-20 16:13:23

A commission of religious leaders has called for clarity in churches’ ability to endorse candidates and issues from the pulpit without fear of losing their tax-exempt status.

I'll be happy to give them some clarity: Pay taxes or shut the fuck up. Any questions?

#4 2013-08-20 18:09:40

Tall Paul wrote:

A commission of religious leaders has called for clarity in churches’ ability to endorse candidates and issues from the pulpit without fear of losing their tax-exempt status.

I'll be happy to give them some clarity: Pay taxes or shut the fuck up. Any questions?

Absolutely no reason for any church that's not dumping at least 50% of revenue after cost of doing business into charity work (proselytizing doesn't count as charity) to receive tax-exempt status.  Most of them are just Country Clubs without the Golf Course or Tennis Courts.

They're not even sanctuaries anymore.  Go up to your local Xth Baptist Church on a non-church night, around 10:00 pm, and see if the doors are unlocked.

#5 2013-08-20 18:32:21

Baywolfe wrote:

Absolutely no reason for any church that's not dumping at least 50% of revenue after cost of doing business into charity work (proselytizing doesn't count as charity) to receive tax-exempt status.  Most of them are just Country Clubs without the Golf Course or Tennis Courts.

They're not even sanctuaries anymore.  Go up to your local Xth Baptist Church on a non-church night, around 10:00 pm, and see if the doors are unlocked.

Last time I went to a church was a Christmas service, they started handing out bonus checks to all of the "Ministers".  There must have been 15 of them for a congregation of 200; hell even the band was on the fucking payroll, I was done at that point.

Board footer

cruelery.com