#1 2013-08-27 18:46:16

Who would have thunk it?

(Yes I know it's a feel good story and I know most of you hate sports)

#2 2013-08-27 21:00:35

Yeah, they're not all bad.  Except for the NCAA, they all suck.

#4 2013-11-15 17:49:18

When I see an opposing player make a great play I obviously groan because my team gave up a score but at the same time my heart leaps to see the display of athleticism and effort.  If I tried to do some of this stuff now, at my age, obviously I'd tear every ligament in my body.  I truly love youth sports and still referee most every year.

(mind you I don't feel the same about the Professionals)

#5 2013-11-15 18:54:34

Interesting topic.  Speaking of professionals Em, the trash-talking head-hunting attitude sours my taste for professional football.  You would thing that these idiots would realize that they are all professionals making a living playing a game they love.  Why in hell would you want to try to injure, or even humiliate another player?  You're being paid a fortune and it could all go away if an opposing idiot fulfills his goal of taking out your knees.

#6 2013-11-16 14:10:23

Emmeran wrote:

When I see an opposing player make a great play I obviously groan because my team gave up a score but at the same time my heart leaps to see the display of athleticism and effort.  If I tried to do some of this stuff now, at my age, obviously I'd tear every ligament in my body.  I truly love youth sports and still referee most every year.

(mind you I don't feel the same about the Professionals)

Ironically watching the Buckeyes kick Illinois' ass as I read this.

#7 2013-11-16 18:36:51

I find College ball much more interesting as 90% of them will never play again after the end of their college days.  Play ball as a young man while you can but after that get on with life.  Just remember it's not you, it's boys who play for your team.  The boys should play hard and have a good time, but it's about them not us.

#8 2013-11-16 20:36:48

phreddy wrote:

Why in hell would you want to try to injure, or even humiliate another player?

To keep advertising revenues high. What other reason would there be for allowing, much less encouraging, that to happen? I suppose that if you were far more cynical than I you might also want children to grow up feeling (NOT thinking) that injury and humiliation were sanctioned, normal responses to perceived insult. Could W ever have managed to invade Iraq without a majority of citizens in thrall to that mindset?

#10 2013-11-17 06:01:03

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

And then there is this.

Ahhh to be 20 years old and that stupid again...

Board footer

cruelery.com