• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » With names like Trujillo, Martinez and de la Rocha, who could tell?

#1 2013-09-05 09:15:52

The News-Death Parade marches on with in-depth features like:

1990s Rockers You Didn't Know Were Latino (SLIDESHOW)

I don't know why I even bother with the Side-Boob Gazette anymore.

#2 2013-09-05 10:23:39

Hmmm, I wonder if Jerry Garcia and Carlos Santana might be Hispanic?

#4 2013-09-05 11:43:36

I remember back in the '70's, sitting in a guy's dorm room with a friend while he read aloud the names of the kids in his High School graduating class and trying to guess the race from the names.

The choices were White, Black, or Puerto Rican in Ohio back then, and we got 100%.  Mostly is was distinguishing the John Stevens from the Tyrone Lincoln Washingtons.

#5 2013-09-05 12:08:43

My best username story was importing European names into our AD, we had the following two in order:

Norbert Fagget
Berna Babayigit

My first thought was that Norbert was never going to get laid and my second thought was that if those two ever married we'd have a real problem on our hands with a user name of "Berna.Fagget"

Fucking truth is always stranger than fiction, I think I still have that spreadsheet if you doubt me.

#6 2013-09-05 23:22:16

I had a young lady come in for a job application a few years back. After she had filled it out, she handed it to me. As I was looking it over, and I must have gotten an interesting look on my face, she said,"It's pronounced Shathede." Unfortunately for her, her name was spelled "Shithead". She then commented, "I hate my parents". I had a good laugh.

#7 2013-09-06 10:51:58

Baywolfe wrote:

I remember back in the '70's, sitting in a guy's dorm room with a friend while he read aloud the names of the kids in his High School graduating class and trying to guess the race from the names.

The choices were White, Black, or Puerto Rican in Ohio back then, and we got 100%.  Mostly is was distinguishing the John Stevens from the Tyrone Lincoln Washingtons.

When I was a young man my father, a son of Great State of Tennessee, offered me advice on choosing a wife... he said "Son, I don't care who you marry, just don't marry no damned woman named after no president... we don't need no Washingtons, Jeffersons or Polks in our family."

Good advice.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2013-09-06 11:01:21)

#8 2013-09-06 11:00:14

Emmeran wrote:

My best username story was importing European names into our AD, we had the following two in order:

Norbert Fagget
Berna Babayigit

My first thought was that Norbert was never going to get laid and my second thought was that if those two ever married we'd have a real problem on our hands with a user name of "Berna.Fagget"

Fucking truth is always stranger than fiction, I think I still have that spreadsheet if you doubt me.

My dad went to school with a gal by the name of Ophelia Pyles.  Now THERE'S a nasty name.

He also went to school with Wink Martindale.  Wink tanned easily and liked to get very tan indeed (he still does)... so much so that he acquired a unique nickname... he was commonly known arond town as "Nigger" Martindale.   I wonder if he would still answer to that... hmmm... if anyone sees him, give it a go.  you're sure to get a reaction!

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » With names like Trujillo, Martinez and de la Rocha, who could tell?

Board footer

cruelery.com