#2 2013-10-27 22:28:17

My friend Anne called me up to give me the news soon after she'd heard.  I must say, I was truly shocked when she told me.  It has for so long been generally known that Reed was, through and through, such a nasty, obnoxious, unpleasant son-of-a-bitch that I just naturally assumed he'd live well past the hundred year mark.

Now we're waiting to see if John Cale will attend the funeral.  Whether he will or not is a real coin-toss.  I call tails, and predict he won't.

And now for a classic Lou Reed moment:

Last edited by Aude (2013-10-28 07:23:47)

#3 2013-10-27 22:30:53

MSG Tripps wrote:

RIP Lou.

Indeed.

One of the more surreal experiences of my life was walking through a grocery store and having it slowly dawn on me that Muzak coming over the PA system was a version of "Perfect Day."

Last edited by square (2013-10-27 22:32:57)

#4 2013-10-28 16:09:31

Jay Gray ‏@Jay__Gray 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed, I'll never be able to listen to Mambo no.5 again #sadtimes

BarmyArny ‏@BarmyArny 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed. I really loved the song Mambo 5

Sven Grammersdorf ‏@HarlingtoxAD 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed. Mambo #5 was my jam.

Pete Farrell ‏@peteurheartout 27 Oct

Hard to believe Lou Reed is gone not a week goes by i don't listen to Mambo No. 5

Jamie Taylor ‏@jamie3balls 27 Oct

Gutted that Lou Reed has died. Always loved a bit of Mambo number 5 at school disco's. RIP.

Morticia ‏@QueenMorsh 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed, Mambo Number 5 was one of my favourite songs #loureed

Franco Carapellotti ‏@Frrrancoo 27 Oct

Lou Reed died?! That's a shame, Mambo #5 was a classic.

Chobster Munch ‏@ChobDux 27 Oct

what good songs did Lou Reed do other than Mambo No 5?

#5 2013-10-28 17:16:44

Tell me something.. tell me and my girl-... tell me: do you really have a hit record... on the charts now? ... with a bullet?

#6 2013-10-28 18:47:33

Scotty wrote:

Jay Gray ‏@Jay__Gray 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed, I'll never be able to listen to Mambo no.5 again #sadtimes

BarmyArny ‏@BarmyArny 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed. I really loved the song Mambo 5

Sven Grammersdorf ‏@HarlingtoxAD 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed. Mambo #5 was my jam.

Pete Farrell ‏@peteurheartout 27 Oct

Hard to believe Lou Reed is gone not a week goes by i don't listen to Mambo No. 5

Jamie Taylor ‏@jamie3balls 27 Oct

Gutted that Lou Reed has died. Always loved a bit of Mambo number 5 at school disco's. RIP.

Morticia ‏@QueenMorsh 27 Oct

RIP Lou Reed, Mambo Number 5 was one of my favourite songs #loureed

Franco Carapellotti ‏@Frrrancoo 27 Oct

Lou Reed died?! That's a shame, Mambo #5 was a classic.

Chobster Munch ‏@ChobDux 27 Oct

what good songs did Lou Reed do other than Mambo No 5?

Good Gawd, is this real?  People make me ill.

#7 2013-10-28 18:50:49

I can't say I was a fan. Once a friend stopped by with a new Lou Reed album. It was called "Metal Machine Music" and it was the most absurd collection of noise (No, not music, actual sounds of turbines running) I had ever heard. We kept skipping ahead hoping for an actual song. Never found one. I guess that someone somewhere found it fascinating but we did not. Even while tripping.

#8 2013-10-28 21:35:56

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

I can't say I was a fan. Once a friend stopped by with a new Lou Reed album. It was called "Metal Machine Music" and it was the most absurd collection of noise (No, not music, actual sounds of turbines running) I had ever heard. We kept skipping ahead hoping for an actual song. Never found one. I guess that someone somewhere found it fascinating but we did not. Even while tripping.

He recorded that record (Machine Music) to get out of a contract with his record company.  It worked.

I never picked it up.  He warned his fans about it.

#9 2013-10-28 23:33:07

Well that explains it. I have always wondered why anyone would record such a thing.

Board footer

cruelery.com