#1 2014-04-13 08:51:19

http://news.yahoo.com/u-agency-ends-nev … .html?vp=1

Anyone who has been around here long enough knows damn well that I am not a fan of government overreach.  But in this case, I believe they were in the right.

#2 2014-04-13 13:34:03

Is it like Occupy Wall Street for Sovereign citizens everywhere? Or just a Redwood Summer for those militia who never got to get their freak on?

Careful what you wish for my righty tighty brothers.

#3 2014-04-13 19:05:48

Somebody was smart enough to realize he's going to lose all of his assets anyway so why not back down; at the same time you bench-warrant all of the other participants and hurt them in the wallet also.

I would vote for one demonstrative drone strike to shut idiots like this guy up:

"I'm ready to pull the trigger if fired upon," Scott said.

They should have just slaughtered all of the cattle in place...

#4 2014-04-13 19:11:40

As much emotional satisfaction as I get from seeing federal enforcement stymied, let's face it this is a bad precedent.

#5 2014-04-13 22:08:48

I think the only reason the BLM backed down is that they and this administration know the only good to come from an actual confrontation would be for the GOP. They have spent nearly six years searching for demons with no luck, but something like this getting violent would just add fuel to the GOP fire. The Right no longer thinks of country first, party second, as it should be. It is clearly party first for those folks. And the number of kooks they are attracting is growing. You know it is an entitlement when it is something the left wants, but it is "freedom" when it is something the right finds attractive. Who cares that this guy owes the US over $1 million? He has rights ya know! Hypocrites.

#6 2014-04-14 07:40:01

Emmeran wrote:

I would vote for one demonstrative drone strike to shut idiots like this guy up:

"I'm ready to pull the trigger if fired upon," Scott said.

Yeah, that seriously pissed me off.

#7 2014-04-14 08:55:14

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlIahyvCQAAD6Ky.jpg:medium

#8 2014-04-14 09:03:53

Scotty wrote:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlIahyvCQAAD6Ky.jpg:medium

http://www.oassf.com/en/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg

#9 2014-04-14 14:48:44

I had a relative tell me Harry Reid wanted to grab the land for a 500 billion dollar solar deal with the Chinese. Of course I had to Google this, and find reich-wing sites are claiming Harry is only being paid off for backing a 5 billion dollar land grab. The reich wing is the only source for these stories about evil tortoise and freedom hating Chinese Communist Industrialists.

I tried to explain to my normally liberal, New Age, hippie-dippy relative that while there's a lot wrong with America these days, right wing nuts with guns aren't the answer. I hadn't paid attention to this story, and I'm looking forward to explaining that the rancher is a self-entitled deadbeat who for twenty years has refused to pay land use fees established via fiat by St. Ronnie Raygun.

#10 2014-04-14 15:14:29

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/Elian.Gonzalez-Slager.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#11 2014-04-14 16:30:40

fnord wrote:

I had a relative tell me Harry Reid wanted to grab the land for a 500 billion dollar solar deal with the Chinese. Of course I had to Google this, and find reich-wing sites are claiming Harry is only being paid off for backing a 5 billion dollar land grab. The reich wing is the only source for these stories about evil tortoise and freedom hating Chinese Communist Industrialists.

I tried to explain to my normally liberal, New Age, hippie-dippy relative that while there's a lot wrong with America these days, right wing nuts with guns aren't the answer. I hadn't paid attention to this story, and I'm looking forward to explaining that the rancher is a self-entitled deadbeat who for twenty years has refused to pay land use fees established via fiat by St. Ronnie Raygun.

I'm not so sure. The most virulent of the right-wing gun nuts all gathering together on a small patch of stinking desert to stare down long-range artillery? Where's the downside?

#13 2014-04-15 10:18:07

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/albundy.png

#14 2014-04-15 11:34:15

So much fun, don't we still come back to the fact that Cliven Bundy doesn't hold title to that land and hasn't paid his usage fees?  Yes we understand his grandparents didn't have to pay usage fees but times have changed and that land is now in demand.  Corrupt politicians and all that other noise are fun but the reality remains:  Pay up or GTFO!

#15 2014-04-15 12:25:21

Moderator..........can you verify that users posting on this thread are really members of the Reid family and the Pilosi family and some Kennedy's..........sounds that way to me

#16 2014-04-15 12:55:42

That's an interesting bit of investigation...

#17 2014-04-15 21:10:07

quahog wrote:

Moderator..........can you verify that users posting on this thread are really members of the Reid family and the Pilosi family and some Kennedy's..........sounds that way to me

You don't come here often, do you?

#18 2014-04-15 21:14:09

Graphite couldn't moderate the threads in this place.

#19 2014-04-16 08:16:11

A special feature in the board software will reveal who in this thread is part of the conspiracy.  You just need some additional equipment to see it.

http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/theylive2.jpg

#20 2014-04-16 09:38:30

Emmeran wrote:

So much fun, don't we still come back to the fact that Cliven Bundy doesn't hold title to that land and hasn't paid his usage fees?  Yes we understand his grandparents didn't have to pay usage fees but times have changed and that land is now in demand.  Corrupt politicians and all that other noise are fun but the reality remains:  Pay up or GTFO!

My family has been paying those fees for quite some time.  I agree he should've been paying his grazing fees, but can understand the frustration that led him not to. The BLM can be extremely difficult to deal with, depending on the bureaucrat in the local office.  He should probably also be using Alan Savory's grazing system.

#22 2014-04-25 05:02:12

hedgewizard wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

My family has been paying those fees for quite some time.  I agree he should've been paying his grazing fees, but can understand the frustration that led him not to. The BLM can be extremely difficult to deal with, depending on the bureaucrat in the local office.  He should probably also be using Alan Savory's grazing system.

Thanks, I saw that TED talk by Savory but couldn't for the drunken life of me recall his name.  BLM, such as any bureaucratic organization, will always be tough row for anyone trying to make a living; but hey - that's what those fuckers have done for time memorial, you have to just expect it up front.

#23 2014-04-25 15:39:55

quahog wrote:

I'm a member of the Reid family. 

The Lone Ranger, John Reid, was my Great, Great, Great Grand Uncle, and the Green Hornet, Britt Reid II, is my Uncle.

#24 2014-04-25 18:38:17

Baywolfe wrote:

quahog wrote:

I'm a member of the Reid family. 

The Lone Ranger, John Reid, was my Great, Great, Great Grand Uncle, and the Green Hornet, Britt Reid II, is my Uncle.

I'm a Reiding man too.

#25 2014-04-25 21:12:24

Tall Paul wrote:

I'm a Reiding man too.

Not me, I'm upfront with the fact that I just look at the pictures of the titties...

#26 2014-04-25 22:38:31

Baywolfe wrote:

https://cruelery.com/img/greenhornet.png

The original black beauty.

Board footer

cruelery.com