#1 2014-05-19 20:55:51

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/18/d … r-attacks/

Then There Is This:

The American people want Dick Cheney "held accountable" for all 14 Attacks on U.S. Diplomatic Facilities from 2000-2008:
• January 22, 2002, Calcutta, India - Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami gunmen attacked American cultural centre, which included public affairs office of nearby US Consulate, armed assault killed 5 Indian security.
• June 14, 2002, Karachi, Pakistan - al-Qaeda truck bomb detonated outside Consulate, bombing killed 12 Pakistani civilians and injured 51.
• October 12, 2002, Denpasar, Indonesia - Consular Office bombed by Jemaah Islamiyah as part of the Bali bombings, bombing, no one was killed.
• February 20, 2003, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - International diplomatic compound, truck bomb kills 17.
• February 28, 2003, Karachi, Pakistan - Unknown gunmen attack US Consulate, armed assault killed 2 Pakistani security.
• June 30 2004, Tashkent, Uzbekistan - Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan bombs US Embassy, bombing, no one was killed.
• July 30, 2004, Taskkent, Uzbekistan - U.S. embassy, suicide bomber killed 2.
• December 6, 2004, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - al-Qaeda gunmen raid U.S. consulate, armed assault killed 5 Saudi personnel, 4 attackers, and 10 wounded.
• March 2, 2006, Karachi, Pakistan - Car bomb explodes outside Consulate, killed 1 U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants, 1 Pakistani personnel, 1 Pakistani security, and 1 attacker.
• September 12, 2006, Damascus, Syria - Gunmen raid U.S. Embassy, armed assault killed 1 Syrian security, 3 attackers, and 13 wounded.
• January 12, 2007, Athens, Greece - A rocket-propelled grenade (PRG) was fired at the U.S. Embassy by Revolutionary Struggle, no one was killed.
• March 18, 2008, Sana'a, Yemen - Mortar rounds missed U.S. Embassy, hitting nearby school, bombing killed 2 Yemeni civilians.
• July 9, 2008, Istanbul, Turkey - Armed attack against U.S. Consulate, armed assault killed 3 Turkish security and 3 attackers.
• September 17 2008, Sana'a, Yemen - A coordinated attack resulted in a 20-minute battle with security, armed assault killed 6 Yemeni security, 5 Yemeni civilians, 1 US civilian, 6 attackers. and 16 more were injured.

#2 2014-05-19 21:10:23

So you're trolling Phredd?  We all know this is a non-story; everyone would have done anything to prevent this if not for the humanity then for the sake of their political aspirations.  Only a fool would accuse otherwise.

Last edited by Emmeran (2014-05-19 21:10:52)

#3 2014-05-19 21:45:51

#4 2014-05-19 23:06:40

Nope, no problem - good choice of Troll Bait.

#5 2014-05-19 23:58:23

I want Cheney, Bush, Condi, and the rest of the gang shot or hung after convictions by a War Crimes Tribunal!

#6 2014-05-20 01:15:38

fnord wrote:

I want Cheney, Bush, Condi, and the rest of the gang shot or hung after convictions by a War Crimes Tribunal!

Hanging is specified for treason. Broadcast it world-wide at 1080p live from the Mall in Washington, D.C. with full military ceremonial. If they think that's harsh, they can reflect that they were the ones who put us all into the position where that is the only way to restore our national honor. The Marine Corps Band can play either the Rogue's March or Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus, I don't care which.

#7 2014-05-20 11:30:00

As I recall Dusty, liberals howled a din the entire time Bush and Cheney were in power, and they continue today as evidenced by these posts.  So, why are you offended that conservatives are holding Hillary's feet to the fire for fucking up Benghazi?

#8 2014-05-20 14:07:26

I am highly amused by it as they (conservatives) gave Bush & Cheney the go free card on all the multiple fuck ups but now they are ***SHOCKED I SAY**** UPSET OH MY*****.  All else follows.  Wankery all around.

By all means investigate it.  If someone is to blame, then deal with it.  Of course that didn't happen for for Bush or Cheney, but hey.

#9 2014-05-20 16:32:07

Dmtdust wrote:

By all means investigate it.  If someone is to blame, then deal with it.  Of course that didn't happen for for Bush or Cheney, but hey.

Well, except for that time the House voted to impeach Bush and referred the proceedings to the Judiciary Committee.  That and all the countless other investigations, inquiries, and other motions to impeach.  Yeah, except for those.

#10 2014-05-20 20:40:52

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Well, except for that time the House voted to impeach Bush and referred the proceedings to the Judiciary Committee.  That and all the countless other investigations, inquiries, and other motions to impeach.  Yeah, except for those.

Come on Phred, it isn't as if Congress had a special prosecutor empaneled to dig into a small investment that Bush had lost money on 20 years before who then went on to depose every woman he had ever slept with and then actually DID impeach him for lying about a blowjob so his wife wouldn't have found out about it. Democrats would never have done such a thing. For one thing, no sane woman would ever fuck W.

Last edited by Tall Paul (2014-05-20 21:55:31)

#11 2014-05-20 21:53:24

phreddy wrote:

As I recall Dusty, liberals howled a din the entire time Bush and Cheney were in power, and they continue today as evidenced by these posts.  So, why are you offended that conservatives are holding Hillary's feet to the fire for fucking up Benghazi?

OK, let's turn the heat down on Phredd for a moment; Ben-Ghazi was a fuck up both politically and security wise.  Both major parties were part of the fuck up and people died because of it.

Phreddy that is why this topic is so offensive, both sides are responsible and yet there are asshole politicians out there trying to use this tragedy for their own personal gain.  The Tea Partiers could be pointed to as more at fault for cutting the security funding requests but what the fuck would that gain us, these guys are still dead.  Their kids still don't have their fathers and their wives/mothers/etc still don't have that loved one.  Dead is fucking real and you can't take it back and should never try to twist a tragedy to advance your own political  career; this shit sucks and it makes me furious.

Look - here's an offer for you:  If you never mention this Ben-Ghazi cluster-fuck again I will come over on Super Bowl weekend and dance/rose/chocolate/feed your wife into her own sweet oblivion so you can enjoy the super bowl without distraction or back ground noise.  I simply cannot stand hearing anymore about how a non-military person fucked up the first four hours of a response to a perfectly orchestrated ambush; as I've said before - they fucking fooled us, that shit happens when the balloon goes up.

#12 2014-05-21 00:40:34

Emmeran wrote:

Phreddy that is why this topic is so offensive, both sides are responsible and yet there are asshole politicians out there trying to use this tragedy for their own personal gain. ... should never try to twist a tragedy to advance your own political  career; this shit sucks and it makes me furious.

Agreed, it's pretty low to stoop.

Emmeran wrote:

I simply cannot stand hearing anymore about how a non-military person fucked up the first four hours of a response to a perfectly orchestrated ambush

125-150 gunman, 7 known people in the compound at the time.  Only 2 of our people died.

As to the local CIA "annex", you can't use your actual field ops to guard an embassy, that's like wearing a sign saying "I'm attached to the embassy as a political officer"... nor are they a military response force.  Also, that was 32 to probably 150+ and they only took 2 casualties.

Politically, it's rather embarrassing to have an ambassador offed, but let's keep some perspective.

#13 2014-05-21 02:35:40

All I see is that once again one of our two designated parties (in this case, the party most responsible for underfunding of embassy security) is going to use the most drastic solution our Constitution has to offer, one that will halt most legislative operations and severely impact administrative functions for a small temporary political gain for themselves. Not only that, they're going to use impeachment, a tactic guaranteed to split the population and impair the functioning of nearly all levels of government, during wartime. This is nothing if not feckless irresponsibility writ large.

#14 2014-05-21 14:05:26

Does anyone here honestly believe that the GOP or the Tea Party caused this by demanding a cut in funding for embassy security?  For gawd's sake, the Obamas spent an estimated $16-20 million on one vacation.  Yet he and Hillary couldn't find the money to fly in a platoon of Marines in to protect an ambassador who was begging for security on the anniversary of 9/11?  You people are drunk on the kool aid. 

Is this issue being pounded by the GOP for political purposes?  You bet.  Is it a direct reflection on Hillary's ability to perform as President and Commander-In-Chief?  Absolutely.

#15 2014-05-21 14:15:10

phreddy wrote:

Does anyone here honestly believe that the GOP or the Tea Party caused this by demanding a cut in funding for embassy security?

Every little bit hurts.

#16 2014-05-21 15:45:18

phreddy wrote:

couldn't find the money to fly in a platoon of Marines in to protect an ambassador who was begging for security on the anniversary of 9/11?

Speaking of drunk on Kool-Aid.  Fly them in from where and make it in time to do anything more than bag up the bodies?

Let's apply the rule of logistics here:

1.  The Marines are in their barracks (at best), not setting on the tarmac in full combat load-out.
2.  The transport planes are tied down, not fueled up and idling.
3.  Flight time from the nearest embarked unit was greater than 5 hours (which is longer than the entire incident took), helicopters are slow.
4.  Flight time from the nearest garrison unit was greater than 5 hours (geography is what it is).
5.  Fog of war rules apply and cannot be argued with.

Nobody could have gotten there in time so unless you claim that you and the other ultra-rights knew this was going to happen ahead of time then it couldn't have been prevented, but since you obviously knew but did nothing to stop it that makes you guilty of treason.

Pick a side brother cuz the opposition threw a flea-flicker hail-mary pass and scored on us, that kind of shit fucking happens whether you want it too or not.  Anyone claiming it shouldn't have gone down the way it did should have moved to stop it themselves.

#17 2014-05-21 15:54:29

And let me be perfectly clear here, I know more want another Clinton in office than I want another Bush in office.  The very idea of the "American Political Dynasties" offends me to the very core; they should all just go join the Kennedy's in drinking themselves to death.

#18 2014-05-21 16:06:00

I certainly don't want Clinton in.  Her ties to Monsanto are a bit much.

#19 2014-05-21 16:10:42

Em wrote:

Speaking of drunk on Kool-Aid.  Fly them in from where and make it in time to do anything more than bag up the bodies?

So, you're saying you and your commanders knew how long every firefight was going to last while you were serving in the Marines?  They could pick and choose which ones to respond to with air support and artillery because they could predict that the men were going to be overrun before the cavalry arrived, so no sense in wasting chopper fuel and artillery shells.  Is that what you're trying to say?

Em wrote:

Nobody could have gotten there in time so unless you claim that you and the other ultra-rights knew this was going to happen ahead of time then it couldn't have been prevented

I don't have to say I knew it was going to happen.  Ambassador Stevens did that when he begged Hillary for security.

Last edited by phreddy (2014-05-21 16:14:19)

#20 2014-05-21 19:45:30

phreddy wrote:

the Obamas spent an estimated $16-20 million on one vacation.

OK, I'll play the incredibly irrelevant game... here's a stale link.

As to the topic at hand...

At 3:40 PM the attack commenced.  At 4:15 the attackers gain access.  About 15 minutes later Sean Smith is discovered dead.  At 4:45 "embassy attaches" from the "mission annex" attempt to retake the main building and are repulsed.  At 5:20, the main area is secured. It's not until 8:30 that it's reported that Ambassador Stevens was taken to the hospital and had died.

It's pretty likely that he died by 5.  Sending in the marines takes more than 80 minutes.

phreddy wrote:

Em wrote:

So, you're saying you and your commanders knew how long every firefight was going to last while you were serving in the Marines?  They could pick and choose which ones to respond to with air support and artillery because they could predict that the men were going to be overrun before the cavalry arrived, so no sense in wasting chopper fuel and artillery shells.  Is that what you're trying to say?

No dude, I think that's what you're trying to say.

#21 2014-05-22 12:49:14

Em, it doesn't matter how long the attack lasted.  The issue is that nobody knew at the time how long it would last.  For all they knew, it could have gone on for days, yet the Administration (and you) are trying sell the idea that, because it turned out to only last 8 hours or so, there was no time and therefore, no reason to react.  Therefore, standing down instead of sending help was justified. That is a completely bogus argument and you know it. 

Military commanders can make mistakes, but Obama didn't make a mistake, he deliberately tried to downplay and cover up this incident so it would not reflect badly on his reelection chances. 

As ex-military, I would expect you, or any military man or woman to act differently.  If you were sitting in Obama's chair that night, would you have made the decision not to mobilize?  Would you have been able to guess that it was too late to send help, even while the battle was still on?  Would you have sat on your ass and done nothing except watch the battle from a drone camera while the men you command were pounded by mortars? Tell the truth!

#22 2014-05-22 13:09:41

Military commanders can make mistakes, but Obama didn't make a mistake, he deliberately tried to downplay and cover up this incident so it would not reflect badly on his reelection chances.

That's subjective speculation, not objective reality.  You have no idea of what backroom meetings took place with regards to this issue or The President's ultimate motivations.

In other news, even if you're right, "Meet the New Boss - Same as the Old Boss".

#23 2014-05-22 13:12:32

Baywolfe wrote:

That's subjective speculation, not objective reality.  You have no idea of what backroom meetings took place with regards to this issue or The President's ultimate motivations.

In other news, even if you're right, "Meet the New Boss - Same as the Old Boss".

You are correct.  Even though the evidence is there, we don't know the details.  Hence, the appointment of a special investigative committee.

#24 2014-05-22 13:52:01

phreddy wrote:

Even though the evidence is there, we don't know the details.  Hence, the appointment of a special investigative committee.

Perhaps you are correct, perhaps we do need a special investigative committee to look into the fact that the whole this was a right wing setup job up to and including the murder of an ambassador to enable the right wing to obtain a political advantage during the upcoming election cycle.  After all there is a whole lot of money is at stake and people have done far worse things to take control of a powerful nation.

#25 2014-05-22 18:36:42

Like supply weapons to the Iranians and allowing them to hold the Embassy Hostages until Reagan was in.  Be proud Phred, because if any action was treason, than this certainly was.

#26 2014-05-22 20:20:13

Emmeran wrote:

After all there is a whole lot of money is at stake and people have done far worse things to take control of a powerful nation.

And while we're on the subject: Bush Communications Director Admits They Set “Trap” For Obama That “Feels Pretty Good”

Bartlett feels pretty good. Isn’t that terrific? Here we are, dealing with the worst economy in decades, the worst deficits in history, crippling debt to competitors like China — all brought to America under President Bush’s brand of leadership and economic wisdom, and Bartlett feels pretty good about it. Heck, he’s bragging about it!

#27 2014-05-22 22:23:57

Tall Paul wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

After all there is a whole lot of money is at stake and people have done far worse things to take control of a powerful nation.

And while we're on the subject: Bush Communications Director Admits They Set “Trap” For Obama That “Feels Pretty Good”

Bartlett feels pretty good. Isn’t that terrific? Here we are, dealing with the worst economy in decades, the worst deficits in history, crippling debt to competitors like China — all brought to America under President Bush’s brand of leadership and economic wisdom, and Bartlett feels pretty good about it. Heck, he’s bragging about it!

Jesus, that is something to be proud of.

Board footer

cruelery.com