#33305 2022-05-18 14:45:57
Conservatives cry about great replacement, because they already did it centuries ago (I've seen the argument that white Americans are now native).
#33309 2022-05-23 13:33:02
The above picture is lovely, thanks for bringing me back to the good things in life.
#33313 2022-05-27 14:01:22
Here's the budget proposal showing that Uvalde does spend about 40% of its budget on police.
#33314 2022-05-27 14:08:25
That Glock in the middle is highly.... irregular. 1. has an auto sear (which makes it full auto) 2. as well as a forward grip. (The ATF wants to have a conversation with you young man...)
Since the seizure of the NRA in 1977 by far-right activist, gun culture has gone extremely toxic. Add into that all of the BS from the Reagan years on with mental health cuts, low wages, the disintegration of the family unit due to the need to have both parents working, accelerating cost of living, rents, and all and you have a tinderbox situation.
Last edited by DmtDusty (2022-05-27 14:10:33)
#33316 2022-05-27 17:29:28
#33317 2022-05-27 20:05:21
Semi Automatic Rifles Have Been Available For Over A Century:
Here Is some interesting information on possibly why there has been an uptick in these events:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1529 … 31043.html
The largest school murder event happened 1927: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
You can trace the uptick of mass killings by guns to a series of events. (IMO)
1. The abandonment of mental health care on a national level.
2. The evisceration of Unions, the decimation of wages for the working class.
3. Clintonian assault on jobs, off- shoring of manufacturing & destruction of social net.
4. SSRI's coming into use (see point 1.) I will look up the info on the percentage of shooters who had been using them.
5. The 1977 seizure of the NRA by Right Wing Extremist.
6. The development of gun culture as an extension of masculinity. (See Video below)
Last, But Not Least:
7. Let us not forget the part that mainstream media plays: "if it bleeds it leads". There are rules in place to under report suicides but none for these events. The media seems to glorify the shooter every damn time, making them media figures, alive or dead.
I could go on, but to what purpose? Coupled with unresolved racism and class conflict... It is a clusterfuck. The solution or possible one has to address the above. There is no way you will get people to give up their guns, esp on the Right, or the far Left. Looking at the situation in Texas, with the police not going in, then multiply that by 100 million people, that is the correct number of people to seize arms from. There has to be a real world solution, not some fantasy.
#33320 2022-05-29 13:06:13
That's A Relief!
Last edited by DmtDusty (2022-05-29 13:06:35)
#33322 2022-05-29 14:25:19
The best description I've ever heard of Jordan Peterson was "the patron saint of incels" and I can no longer think of him otherwise.
#33326 2022-05-30 14:27:56
On this day in 1937, Chicago police attacked a Memorial Day gathering of unarmed, striking steelworkers and their families, killing ten in the "Memorial Day Massacre". Chicago PD banned local screening of film of the massacre.
#33334 2022-06-11 07:42:34
#33337 2022-06-12 16:37:48
Just a photo of Greg Abbott and Joe Biggs, one of the Proud Boys leaders who was just indicted for Seditious Conspiracy against the United States...
#33349 2022-06-26 17:20:03
He said that?! Well then, so it came to be, when you dance with the devil, the house always wins.