#1 2014-08-23 22:19:23

Hi.  Some of you may have been wondering where I've been.

I was diagnosed with cancer in October and started chemo/radiation therapy in December.  It was seriously nasty.

However, it worked.  I am now cancer-free and everybody is real happy about it, me included.

However again, I am still recovering, maddeningly slowly, from the poisoning my body took from the chemo and radiation.  My last chemotherapy was at the end of March; my last radiation blast was in mid-January--and I'm still not well from it.  That is some serious shit.  I am really tired of being tired.

I've regained some weight and am feeling significantly better, though, and I've returned to work full-time, and decided it was time to return to High-Street as well.  I've spent last night and most of today catching up on all the posts I've missed (I have always read every post since this site went up, and for some reason that streak is important to me.  I don't have to explain myself to you.  Shut up.)  I am pleased to see that you are still the same articulate eloquent opinionated assholes.

I can't actually stick around any more tonight, because it's past my new bedtime.  It sucks being tired like this (...I know I should not complain.  I had cancer, for fuck's sake; but damn do I ever want my normal life back like right now).

Thank you for still existing.  See you tomorrow.

#2 2014-08-23 22:35:57

Crikey.  Glad to hear you beating it with the big stick, Georgie... may it stay on the run, and may you get better and better.

#3 2014-08-23 23:28:22

I'm glad to hear you HAD cancer, but only because you no longer do. Rest up, get fit again and stick around awhile.

In the meantime:

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/can-am-spyder-recalled-due-to-transmission-issues-21205_1.jpg

#4 2014-08-24 00:03:45

Damn.  I was wondering where you were,and how.  Cancer is no fun.  Take your time to mend.  Happy to know you are on the other side.

#5 2014-08-24 00:12:28

I've wondered about you and why we hadn't seen you recently. I'm glad you're cancer-free, and hope you can soon resume your duties as Grammar Queen for Life (or until incriminating photos surface).

#6 2014-08-24 01:22:58

Glad you are OK.  Do you still have tits, or was it one of those other cancers?  Also, are you getting any medical greenery to help deal with the chemo bullshit?

#7 2014-08-24 09:18:41

XregnaR wrote:

Glad you are OK.  Do you still have tits, or was it one of those other cancers?  Also, are you getting any medical greenery to help deal with the chemo bullshit?

1) Yeah, I still have them, but they're smaller.
2) I live in Texas; 'nuff said.

#8 2014-08-24 11:00:38

It's good to see you back George.  I hope you fully recover.  It's not the size, but how you use them.  Or am I confused with some other body part?

#9 2014-08-24 11:01:36

One word: YAAAAYYYYYY!!!

#10 2014-08-25 11:27:06

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier with my "way to go Georgi!".  Was out of town all weekend.  Yes, you were truly missed.  There is something reassuring and maybe slightly kinky about being smacked with tart retorts and your grammar ruler.

#11 2014-08-25 15:41:17

Despite government claims to the contrary, dark humor is not a proven cause of cancer. Indeed it's the cure… alone with MMJ brownies. So get loaded and we hope to see you back here more often.

#12 2014-08-25 22:55:25

George Orr wrote:

Thank you for still existing.  See you tomorrow.

My sentiments exactly.

#13 2014-08-26 15:59:28

I'm very happy to see you back and posting again, George.  I missed you.

Board footer

cruelery.com