#2 2014-10-01 07:31:14

Eh.  It's Dallas.

#3 2014-10-01 10:20:35

Amazingly enough, Presbyterian Hospital was ready for this.  They had been training for months.

Not really surprising, with DFW being the 4th busiest airport in the world country.  Anybody that thinks this is an isolated incident is fooling themselves.  It's probably already spreading in NYC and LA and we just haven't caught it yet.

Last edited by Baywolfe (2014-10-01 11:32:35)

#4 2014-10-01 11:23:11

....I'm moving my things to the fallout shelter as we speak...

#5 2014-10-01 19:18:43

I don't really blame the ER staff for not asking the "Ebola question(s)" of a man who came in groggy and feeing blah with a fever.  However, after they sent him home, he reportedly had contact with several people, including children.
This is where it becomes disturbing.  School is in session.  Everyone is swearing that the disease is not contagious until symptoms develop, but the truth is that every time any virus jumps to a new host, it mutates.
But as I said earlier, it's just Dallas.

#6 2014-10-01 20:09:57

George Orr wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean by that but, just to cover all bases, Fuck You very much!

#7 2014-10-01 20:38:09

Baywolfe wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean by that but, just to cover all bases, Fuck You very much!

Hey, I'm in San Antonio.  It's just that I lived in The DFW Metro-Plex for about 12 years and I know the place pretty well. 
Jokes aside, though, it's a city with a lot of health care facilities/research/etc., so if you're gonna have an Ebola outbreak, it's actually kind of fortuitous that it happen in a place like Dallas rather than, say, New Orleans or Boston.
I'm not worried.  But if this shit mutates into something more easily transferable, it's gonna ruin everyone's Thanksgiving travel plans, including mine.

#10 2014-10-02 11:54:28

Zombie Apocalypse starts in TX.  At least they are properly armed for the occasion.

#11 2014-10-02 21:12:39

News Cameraman in Africa Diagnosed with Ebola

You don't touch anyone in Liberia...you just can't be sure where the invisible, lethal Ebola virus might be. Once the virus is on your fingers, it would be frighteningly easy to rub an eye and infect yourself.

At the end of August, the death toll in Africa was estimated to be just over 1,000.  A month later, the WHO estimates the dead at 3,091.

Last edited by George Orr (2014-10-02 21:16:15)

#12 2014-10-03 13:59:46

Sounds like another AIDS type virus.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_ebola_chart.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#13 2014-10-03 14:10:04

Baywolfe wrote:

Sounds like another AIDS type virus.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_ebola_chart.jpg

That last line is what will doom us all.

#14 2014-10-03 17:08:02

I just wish I had the confidence that the CDC was as good at dealing with Ebola as they are at speedily assembling posters to reassure you just enough to keep you from looting.

The CDC always gets a handjob from Hollywood, but having walked their august corridors of the HQ in DC, I can assure you that it is just as stuffed with paper pushers who like to go home on Friday as any other office.

#15 2014-10-03 19:53:48

Haven't they been underfunded since the Reagan administration (like, 30+ years)?

#16 2014-10-04 11:51:19

George Orr wrote:

Haven't they been underfunded since the Reagan administration (like, 30+ years)?

I dunno, you know what they say.  A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later it starts to add up to real money.

#17 2014-10-04 20:06:57

Why is the government and lame-stream media focusing solely on foreign diseases like Ebola when there are home-grown terrors right here in the United States? Whatever causes Teabaggers is much more of an immanent threat.

#18 2014-10-05 09:02:18

Tall Paul wrote:

Why is the government and lame-stream media focusing solely on foreign diseases like Ebola when there are home-grown terrors right here in the United States? Whatever causes Teabaggers is much more of an immanent threat.

We already know what causes that.  Unfortunately, the only cure is to take them away from their parents, when they're babies, and raise them as humans.

#19 2014-10-05 09:08:10

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/tasteofafrica.png

~ click ~

#20 2014-10-08 12:17:00

The jungle bunny is now dangerous medical waste.  Note that there are now eight known cases of Ebola in Europe.

#21 2014-10-08 12:21:10

Dammit, I am taking a risk connecting at work just to post this news, and you beat me by, like, three damn minutes.
Gotta go--

#24 2014-10-15 12:52:45

Apparently, Ebola primarily targets health care workers.

The Dallas Morning News is having a field day, of course.  Not the top story every day but on the front page above the fold.  Considering the neighborhood he lived was visiting, I'm surprised we haven't had more cases due to swapped body fluids.

Also, being Texas, when will we have the first, "They sneezed on me so I shot them" news item?

#25 2014-10-15 15:35:36

I'm going to go ahead and call it here for y'all.  Looming ahead of us is the Thanksgiving and Christmas travel season.  Put me down in the office pool for a 9/11 style air traffic ban inside the US come Easter 2015.

Cloward-Piven takes on the healthcare industry.

#26 2014-10-15 16:21:13

Baywolfe wrote:

Also, being Texas, when will we have the first, "They sneezed on me so I shot them" news item?

I wager Florida takes the prize again but truth is, could happen anywhere.

#28 2014-10-16 11:03:12

OK, Obama won't allow a travel ban on flights from West Africa because.... well, just because.  Think about this.  13,000 West Africans hold travel visas to the U.S.  If you, as one of them, were exposed to Ebola and felt yourself coming down with something, would you rather stay and take your chances with the local shithole clinics where 80% die from the disease?  Or, would you fake your way onto a flight to America where you receive first class medical care for free?

#29 2014-10-16 13:14:03

phreddy wrote:

OK, Obama won't allow a travel ban on flights from West Africa because.... well, just because.  Think about this.  13,000 West Africans hold travel visas to the U.S.  If you, as one of them, were exposed to Ebola and felt yourself coming down with something, would you rather stay and take your chances with the local shithole clinics where 80% die from the disease?  Or, would you fake your way onto a flight to America where you receive first class medical care for free?

I'd go anywhere in the first world cuz the medical care in Europe, N. America and Japan are all top quality and all free.  (Well ours is kinda free unless you are in Mass.)

#30 2014-10-16 14:02:53

Nigeria is doing the kind of shit you do when you seriously don't want to die, everyone in the first world thinks we have this sort of shit handled without these extreme sort of measures.  The only problem is, if we are wrong then we all die a miserable (and literally) shitty death.

#31 2014-10-16 23:10:23

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

I'd go anywhere in the first world cuz the medical care in Europe, N. America and Japan are all top quality and all free.  (Well ours is kinda free unless you are in Mass.)

Where would you go if you were a poor person in Mexico or Central America and the virus was spreading there, which could very well happen?  Our current open border problems with illegals will be miniscule compared to the flood coming from the south.  This may sound a little alarmist, but so far nothing about this outbreak has gone according to plan.   Most Americans, including 60% of Democrats, believe we need to restrict flights from West Africa.

#32 2014-10-17 00:11:37

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Where would you go if you were a poor person in Mexico or Central America and the virus was spreading there, which could very well happen?  Our current open border problems with illegals will be miniscule compared to the flood coming from the south.  This may sound a little alarmist, but so far nothing about this outbreak has gone according to plan.   Most Americans, including 60% of Democrats, believe we need to restrict flights from West Africa.

THAT'S what we need more of! Laws and regulations based on emotion and the midnight terrors of the least informed. Put all the scientists and experts up against the wall and let them eat cake.

#33 2014-10-17 01:09:33

Fucking Hysteria and people wetting their panties never gets old.

#34 2014-10-17 08:44:59

Dusty is right.  It's all ebola all the time.  The clamoring in the media and in congress is moronic and to a large extent uninformed and counter productive.

Banning flights from West Africa is a silly idea.  There are no direct flights between any of the three countries and the US, so something else would be required, and people would just find a way around it anyway, e.g., fly to Paris, train to Belgium, fly to NYC.  The idea of effectively embargoing a virus like this one that so widespread is a pipe dream.

What really needs to happen is a serious international effort in Africa.  When I heard last night that nurses in Liberia do not even have gloves at this point, I was stunned.

#35 2014-10-17 09:06:35

phreddy wrote:

Dude if you think we have an immigration problem try having Africa just across your doorstep, we've got it made in the shade compared to the shit Europe has to deal with.

In other words, quit your fucking partisan whining and man up for a while.

#36 2014-10-21 13:22:40

For Phweddski:

#37 2014-10-21 14:13:02

Dmtdust wrote:

For Phweddski:

http://www.everfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Why-Are-Americans-so-Scared-of-Ebola.jpg

#38 2014-10-22 13:03:27

Frankly, I understand why nobody gives a shit about the Homo erectus savages dying in Africa. They're little more than talking apes; they reproduce like cockroaches, and their leaders embezzle 95% of all aid sent for relief and development. Remember all the concerts and drives to feed starving nigglets in Africa? The saved nigglets grew up and produced a bumper crop of starving nigglets! There are ten times as many starving nigglets as there were before! These Homo erectus creatures believe they can cure their AIDS by screwing a virgin and passing their AIDS on to the virgin. They then smoke their AIDS drugs to get high.

#39 2014-10-23 08:04:12

Dmtdust wrote:

For Phweddski:

George Carlin wrote:

At least I admit it. Most people won’t admit those feelings. Most people see somethin’ like that, they say, “Ohhhh, isn’t that awful?” Bullshit! Lyin’ asshole! You love it and you know it. Explosions are fun. And the closer the explosion is to your house, the more fun it is. Have you ever noticed that? Sometimes an announcer comes on television and says, “Six thousand people were killed in an explosion today.” You say, “Where, where?” He says, “In Pakistan.” You say, “Aww, fuck Pakistan. Too far away to be fun.” But if he says it happened in your hometown, you say, “Whooa, hot shit, Dave! C’mon! Let’s go down and look at the bodies!”

#41 2014-10-25 21:43:14

Thank GOD for Ted Cruz! No one gets to the truth the way he does!

And no one ever flew a jetliner into a Manhattan building before Scalia installed W in the White House.

#42 2014-10-27 17:08:00

Tall Paul wrote:

Thank GOD for Ted Cruz! No one gets to the truth the way he does!

And no one ever flew a jetliner into a Manhattan building before Scalia installed W in the White House.

And no one lets sarcasm fly over his head like you do.

#43 2014-10-27 17:23:33

Just like Ted it's a gift from God.

#44 2014-10-27 17:28:06

phreddy wrote:

And no one lets sarcasm fly over his head like you do.

Dude - it's Ted Cruz, a self-described and life long professional politician.  As a Tea Partier you hate everything about him by concept and design.

#45 2014-10-28 09:17:32

Tall Paul wrote:

Just like Ted it's a gift from God.

Gift from Canada is more like it.  Whom do we see to return said gift?

#47 2014-11-03 19:54:18

Cool stunt to pull on your drinking or gaming buddies, and a lot less dangerous than "swatting"

Board footer

cruelery.com