#1 2014-11-05 16:04:49

The Dems and the Anointed One get a big "Fuck You" from America. 

SENATE:
Was: 53-45 Democratic advantage
Now:  53-43 Republican (and soon to be 55-42)

HOUSE:
Was: 234-201 Republican advantage
Now: 242-174 Republican

GOVERNORS:
Was: 29-21 Republican advantage
Now: 31-15 Republican (Maybe more to come)

#2 2014-11-05 16:13:13

phreddy wrote:

The Dems and the Anointed One get a big "Fuck You" from America. 

SENATE:
Was: 53-45 Democratic advantage
Now:  53-43 Republican (and soon to be 55-42)

HOUSE:
Was: 234-201 Republican advantage
Now: 242-174 Republican

GOVERNORS:
Was: 29-21 Republican advantage
Now: 31-15 Republican (Maybe more to come)

They're fucked.  The Democrats will now blame everything on the Republican Congress in the next Presidential election.  Although the Tea Party members are RINOs anyway.

Personally I love when the Executive and Legislative Branches are at an impasse.  Let's see if President Obama has the stones to start using the Veto on the Tea Party Agenda.

The only bad thing is at the state level with Governors.  Here in texas, (small t on purpose) women and minorities are totally fucked.  The shrinking middle class is just margainally fucked.  And anybody that loves clean air or water should just move.  Now.  Before we become a full-fledged Isengard.

#3 2014-11-05 16:25:46

Don't take it so badly Baywolfe.  I seriously think we will see more legislative action and cooperation than before.  Harry Reid was shelving every bill that came to the Senate which Obama didn't want passed, even if it had bipartisan support.  Harry was Obama's stealth veto. He also held up votes which could require Democrat senators to take positions on controversial issues.  Now all Obama has left is his legacy.  He is so vainglorious that he cannot leave office labeled obstructionist.  And the Republicans want to prove they are not the "party of no".

#4 2014-11-05 17:08:11

phreddy wrote:

And the Republicans want to prove they are not the "party of no".

Good luck with that.

#5 2014-11-05 17:33:28

Like it changes a single thing, there is no super majority so nobody can over-ride a filibuster or veto and they will all vote the way their lobbyist tell them anyway.

And after all of that they'll all go on vacation together and swap girl friends/wives/hookers or pet sex seals.

#6 2014-11-05 18:25:35

Emmeran wrote:

Like it changes a single thing, there is no super majority so nobody can over-ride a filibuster.

You forgot that Harry Reid changed the Senate rules on filibusters to a simple majority so he could shove through judge appointments and certain types of legislation he wanted passed.  What goes around........... If Obama is so vain that he vetoes every bill that comes to him the Dems will suffer for it in '16, just as they suffered last night for his past unilateral wand waving.  That would be fine with me.

#7 2014-11-05 18:56:36

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Like it changes a single thing, there is no super majority so nobody can over-ride a filibuster.

You forgot that Harry Reid changed the Senate rules on filibusters to a simple majority so he could shove through judge appointments and certain types of legislation he wanted passed.  What goes around........... If Obama is so vain that he vetoes every bill that comes to him the Dems will suffer for it in '16, just as they suffered last night for his past unilateral wand waving.  That would be fine with me.

That's what's so right about your politics, Phreddy, they're all wrong. What you call 'shoving judge appointments through' sane people call 'appointing judges'. Your whole argument is based on us forgetting that Harry Reid changed the filibuster rules in the face of unprecedented wholesale blockage of judicial and administrative appointments. I think a more likely scenario will be the teabag caucus running true to form leading to another embarrassing rout in 2016.

And, all sarcasm aside, thanks for asking us to join you, but I think I'll sit out the celebrations of what unlimited secret corporate donations can do to a democracy. But don't worry! In two years, when another Dem is sitting comfortably in the oval office we can reduce the corporatists in the SCOTUS to a minority again.

#8 2014-11-06 00:11:28

#9 2014-11-06 08:41:04

As annoyed as I may have been with the republican over-use of the Senate's legislative veto in recent years, changing the Senate rules (to allow simple majorities to approve certain judicial appointments and a very limited range of legislation) was a mistake.  I would prefer that the Senate pass a rule change, or return to a tacit agreement that, when a majority supports legislation, the parties will negotiate a compromise to avoid a legislative veto.  Unfortunately, either would require a level of maturity not recently demonstrated.

#10 2014-11-06 09:00:30

Fled wrote:

As annoyed as I may have been with the republican over-use of the Senate's legislative veto in recent years, changing the Senate rules (to allow simple majorities to approve certain judicial appointments and a very limited range of legislation) was a mistake.  I would prefer that the Senate pass a rule change, or return to a tacit agreement that, when a majority supports legislation, the parties will negotiate a compromise to avoid a legislative veto.  Unfortunately, either would require a level of maturity not recently demonstrated.

It's venal indifference to process and consequence; greed, pure and simple, on both sides of aisle.

#12 2014-11-07 12:29:59

The only good thing about this is the crazies will have a field day trying to enact nutso shit like fetal personhood. This may wake up a few of the sheeple. But then again, now that we've declared as public policy that only monied interests matter, the only way to get any positive social policies enacted will be if people have national boycotts to shut down the economy.

#13 2014-11-07 16:53:09

I don't see a Prague Spring anytime soon.

#14 2014-11-09 12:04:53

Right now I am sitting at a whole foods on Hilton Head island. Can we start the burning here? Sea Pines and the rest of this sugar coated  dunghill is surely an example of all that is awry.

#15 2014-11-09 13:58:31

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Right now I am sitting at a whole foods on Hilton Head island. Can we start the burning here? Sea Pines and the rest of this sugar coated  dunghill is surely an example of all that is awry.

+1

#16 2014-11-09 14:02:23

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

I just realized that the last time I was in Hilton Head was the late 80s.  It was (and I suppose it still is) a truly sickening place.  I swore I would never set foot on the island again, and every time a hurricane draws near I send up a prayer that the whole nasty place will be washed off the map.
[edit] Not with you and yours on it, of course, Johnny.

Last edited by George Orr (2014-11-09 14:03:27)

#17 2014-11-09 14:22:31

fnord wrote:

The only good thing about this is the crazies will have a field day trying to enact nutso shit like fetal personhood. This may wake up a few of the sheeple. But then again, now that we've declared as public policy that only monied interests matter, the only way to get any positive social policies enacted will be if people have national boycotts to shut down the economy.

Then picture, if you will, the immediate economic collapse when all local, state and federal birth records devolve to fetal conception. Throw in dna samples of both parents and child while you're at it.

#18 2014-11-09 16:06:42

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Good gawd NO!  Some of the finest golf courses that I have ever torn the shit out of are on that island.

#19 2014-11-09 19:48:25

At dawn this morning I stumbled out the     door walked a few feet and pissed into the 18th hole at sea pines harbor town. I thought of doing worse believe me. The very place  has left me unsettled all day. At least I am in Charleston tonight.

#21 2014-11-16 23:35:26

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

At dawn this morning I stumbled out the     door walked a few feet and pissed into the 18th hole at sea pines harbor town. I thought of doing worse believe me. The very place  has left me unsettled all day. At least I am in Charleston tonight.

Wouldn't do any good.  They change the hole location every morning.  You would have just fucked up the morning for some poor groundskeeper making minimum wage.

#22 2014-11-17 11:17:03

"I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!"

Last edited by Fled (2014-11-17 11:17:30)

#23 2014-11-17 16:05:06

Politicians trying to cheat?  Who woulda thunk it...

#24 2014-11-17 16:15:04

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/ballotfraud.png

Chicago Refrain: Vote Early, Vote Often.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#25 2014-11-17 18:04:19

Emmeran wrote:

Politicians trying to cheat?  Who woulda thunk it...

Yes, I tend to believe the outside right-wing groups shared polling data with the Republican party.  I also believe the Dems did the same.  However, they didn't need decoders because many of their outside groups communicate in Chinese.

#26 2014-11-17 20:33:02

This seems to fit the occasion.

#27 2014-11-24 01:18:53

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/157_1012903_364864317010418_3073851531199023782_n.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Board footer

cruelery.com