#1 2008-02-03 11:57:30

Warning: This is a wonky technical post.

If High Street is going to attract a steady stream of noobs, it needs some search engine optimablization.

Here's how Google sees the site for pages it found in the last week:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=si … tnG=Search

Every page has the same description and most words in the title never change. Google hates this stuff.

On Cruel, I put the topic title first and made the first 40-80 words of the post the page description.

I can probably do this here, if ya give me admin access and you trust me not to fuck this up as badly as I did the interface on Cruel.

#2 2008-02-03 13:34:35

Actually, I kind of like the Google interface as it is - it adds a bit of mystery to the place, no?  Plus, hitting the Google links is a bit of a crap-shoot, not unlike every link posted here.

#3 2008-02-03 14:24:58

rcade wrote:

Warning: This is a wonky technical post.

If High Street is going to attract a steady stream of noobs, it needs some search engine optimablization.

Here's how Google sees the site for pages it found in the last week:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=si … tnG=Search

Every page has the same description and most words in the title never change. Google hates this stuff.

On Cruel, I put the topic title first and made the first 40-80 words of the post the page description.

I can probably do this here, if ya give me admin access and you trust me not to fuck this up as badly as I did the interface on Cruel.

Well, hello!

I think that would be wonderful.

#4 2008-02-03 15:52:22

Did you come by Rcade because I emailed Ya this week?  Say it's so, and make someones day.

#5 2008-02-03 15:57:31

Yep. Made me wonder how high the street had become in my prolonged absence.

#6 2008-02-03 16:05:55

Hells bells,

Popecade really does love his ginger headed step children after all.

Or maybe he just has a case of empty nest syndrom.

#7 2008-02-03 16:08:05

rcade wrote:

Hokeydoke, go for it. Check your gmail.

#8 2008-02-03 17:07:27

It's so nice at home when Mommy and Daddy aren't fighting.

#9 2008-02-03 17:13:20

Jezus.... I am getting all teary-eyed...

#10 2008-02-03 22:23:31

rcade wrote:

Yep. Made me wonder how high the street had become in my prolonged absence.

Ahhh... the family has all gathered at the table once again.

Goddammit there are way too many Giants fans in my neighborhood. Fireworks are going off like it's feckin' 4th of July here...

RT

(GO GIANTS!)

Board footer

cruelery.com