• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » How do you find the vegan couple at the cocktail party?

#1 2017-01-18 12:26:13

Oh don't worry...they'll find you.

Swiss town denies passport to Dutch vegan because she is ‘too annoying’

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/swiss-town-de … 16437.html

#2 2017-01-18 13:11:13

Attention whore.  I do like the idea of local vote for immigrants.

#3 2017-01-18 13:12:50

Don't fuck with the Swiss.

#4 2018-07-19 15:23:44

Is it just me, or...?

French Butchers Ask For Protection After Threats From Militant Vegans

https://s8.postimg.cc/wxnqaz9yd/butcher-5-11-25cd8beb2f16f62d78c35e88fbc03dc4b7c7c805-s1100-c15.jpg
~ click ~

#5 2018-07-19 16:28:32

There is no such thing as a Vegan during a famine.

#6 2018-07-19 17:01:37

Emmeran wrote:

Sure there is. Couple sheets of these...

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/benjaminTP2.png

...you'll eat & drink your fill for $6 a day. Or least I have for most of the last 50 years.

Benny Franklin, just by way of no harm, was also a vegan. So, skipping past all the expected insults, blow me!

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#7 2018-07-19 19:07:45

Ben didn't have to deal with a famine, when you start making dirt biscuits just to fill your belly come talk to me.  There is a reason there is a joke about the Ethiopian chicken being the worlds fastest land animal.  When there is no food to be bought your money is worthless, take your story-line up to Donnor Pass.

Ben also quite happily dined upon Cod when he observed that Cod had dined up on other fish.  In the end Ben was just Ben, brilliant but weird.  However factory farming sucks and one should plan their meal like a vegetarian and then, if you desire meat, only add prime and ethically raised meat.  For in the end all things must die, but to deny those creatures the right of life before they die is a crime most cruel.

Last edited by Emmeran (2018-07-19 19:30:42)

#8 2018-07-19 21:49:07

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Sure there is. Couple sheets of these...

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/benjaminTP2.png

So, skipping past all the expected insults, blow me!

For Fuck Sake... Who cares?  Eat what you fucking like, just don't try to impose your diet quirks on me.  I was extreme vegan when young. It works for some.

#9 2018-07-20 00:21:13

SpacePuppy wrote:

I was extreme vegan when young. It works for some.

There's live to eat and eat to live. I was 'food insecure' as a kid and beans, peas and grains were my cure.

#10 2018-07-20 10:10:25

I ate whatever was on my plate and spent most of my allowance on junk food.  When you're running around and playing sports there's no concern with childhood obesity. I was 127 lbs when I graduated high school.

#11 2018-07-20 12:53:53

I eat a big bowl of beans every morning for breakfast. I started out eating beans with my eggs like the Brits do, and eventually quit everything else except the beans. I make 'em in two gallon batches, and freeze the excess in small containers. Most of my leftovers end up in the bean pot as well.

I'm quite certain I'm eating the healthiest diet I've ever consumed, and I just aced a colon cancer screening.

#12 2018-07-23 09:05:31

Legumes are the worlds most perfect food, it's too bad you rarely see them in the American diet except for in Texicano food or in chili, usually over cooked and ammended with all kinds of non-healthy stuff.

#13 2018-07-28 16:48:27

The sister's gone vegan (along with her husband; the teenage son is not on board).  I actually don't mind the food--there are a lot of creative recipes to be had, and vegan ingredients that used to be rare on American shelves can now be had in most supermarkets.
What I do mind is that it's still such a pain in the ass.  You can't buy a bag of chips because they might have been fried in animal fat.  You can't buy this or that because it might have whey in it.  You have to spend two-thirds of your shopping time reading the ingredient labels, and reading them thoroughly.  I stayed with them a week last year and did not go hungry, and only a couple of the things I ate weren't tasty.
But I do enjoy meat.  And even if I could talk myself into giving up the muscle tissue of other species, going without eggs and dairy is out of the question.  Just thinking about it makes me want to die.  (Cheeeeeeeeeeeese...)

#14 2018-07-28 16:50:55

The sister's gone vegan (along with her husband; the teenage son is not on board).  I actually don't mind the food--there are a lot of creative recipes to be had, and vegan ingredients that used to be rare on American shelves can now be had in most supermarkets.  I stayed with them a week last year and did not go hungry, and only a couple of the things I ate weren't tasty.
What I do mind is that it's still such a pain in the ass.  You can't buy a bag of chips because they might have been fried in animal fat.  You can't buy this or that because it might have whey in it.  You have to spend two-thirds of your shopping time reading the ingredient labels, and reading them thoroughly.
Besides, I do so enjoy meat.  And even if I could talk myself into giving up the muscle tissue of other species, going without eggs and dairy is out of the question.  Just thinking about it makes me want to die.  (Cheeeeeeeeeeeese...)

#15 2018-07-28 17:00:34

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made the so damn tasty.

#16 2018-07-28 19:25:25

..vegans are going to starve our animals by eating all their food....thus killing what they want to save.......>..hypocrites......sheesh...

#17 2018-07-28 22:24:36

I shop and cook once a week for the next 7 days of microwaved sloth.

Over simplified a bit but here's my weekly consumption.

2 cups brown rice

1.5 cups navy beans
1.5 cups black beans

2 cups lentils
2 cups chick peas
2 cups roasted peanuts, shelled

1 broccoli head
1 lbs brussels sprouts
1 bell pepper
1.5 lbs carrots, grated
3 medium onions
3 medium zucchini
2 ears sweet corn
10 cloves garlic
3 limes

seasonal fruit

mustard seed
black pepper
cumin seed
coriander seed
salt

2 lbs coffee
.5 lbs cream cheese
1 lbs cheddar
12 large eggs
3 lbs ww bread

Last edited by choad (2018-07-29 03:59:37)

#18 2018-07-29 06:50:22

..you fart a lot too....right?

#19 2018-07-29 07:43:01

choad wrote:

I shop and cook once a week for the next 7 days of microwaved sloth.

Over simplified a bit but here's my weekly consumption.

2 cups brown rice

1.5 cups navy beans
1.5 cups black beans

2 cups lentils
2 cups chick peas
2 cups roasted peanuts, shelled

1 broccoli head
1 lbs brussels sprouts
1 bell pepper
1.5 lbs carrots, grated
3 medium onions
3 medium zucchini
2 ears sweet corn
10 cloves garlic
3 limes

seasonal fruit

mustard seed
black pepper
cumin seed
coriander seed
salt

2 lbs coffee
.5 lbs cream cheese
1 lbs cheddar
12 large eggs
3 lbs ww bread

Here is mine for the next 2 weeks while I am having a little vacation:

1 oz blow
1 handle Tito's
2 cartons Camels
1 oz weed
random chips and crackers.
bag of lemons (for the Tito's)
60 cans PBR

#20 2018-07-29 13:12:21

Mugwump wrote:

..you fart a lot too....right?

Not since I competed with my kid brother to squeak out the first four bars of The Star Spangled Banner. Jose can you see? He always won.

Beans, I soak overnight, then skim strain the first-boil scum from the top of each pot.

Excreting is simpler and less time consuming. Can't remember my last floater or racing stripe. Bottom line, I hump the same weight and waistline I had in 1970.

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/kentstate1970.jpg

Last edited by choad (2018-07-29 13:13:24)

#21 2018-07-29 13:52:07

If you aren't farting, you aren't eating right. If you are eating fiber, you will fart. If you have a healthy bacterial flora in your digestive track (which is imperative to good health, and a long life) then you will fart.

Alternatively, you could eat corporate food (Velveeta Cheese(®) on Wonder Bread(®) with Kraft Miracle Whip(®) and an Orange Crush@, for example). Hell, a lot of corporate food bacteria won't even touch. You won't fart on this kind of diet, but you will die of cancer or heart disease in your mid-sixties.

For some people, this would be a reasonable trade off to avoid social embarrassment.

#22 2018-07-30 09:02:53

Farting long, loud and, for most old codgers, securely, is one of life's little pleasures left to the ancient.

But 2 lbs of coffee for a week? No wonder things are on the move.

#23 2018-07-30 22:38:39

GooberMcNutly wrote:

But 2 lbs of coffee for a week? No wonder things are on the move.

Thanks for the wake up call. No, really. First thing I did this morning was forgo coffee and by noon I was genuinely puzzled by the resulting force-10 headache. A measured dose of hair-of-the-dog and I can sort of focus again. You'd think after 60-odd years - yeah, weaned as a toddler - I'd know how to manage that addiction. Time to replace my busted water jug and hydrate properly, once again.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » How do you find the vegan couple at the cocktail party?

Board footer

cruelery.com