#1 2018-02-06 17:37:13

Last edited by Emmeran (2018-02-06 17:43:41)

#2 2018-02-09 02:02:40

With Elon Musk and his SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket thundering heavenward this week, my dream is fulfilled.

Back when this was a real country, which is to say before Vietnam, when America was the grand and grandiose land of surf ’n’ turf, of big-Mamou station wagons with little yachting flags on the doors, of women who were cute and men who were manly, back when there were no poor people, and if there were, our B-52s stood ready — back in this swaggering parade of a country, there was only one problem

Sending a Tesla into space is the greatest symbol of American grandeur

#4 2018-02-10 09:37:25

Musk had announced last February that two private individuals had approached the company and asked to be flown around the moon in late 2018 on the Falcon Heavy rocket. The date of the proposed flight would have coincided with the 50th anniversary of Nasa’s , which was the first human circumnavigation of the moon.

Also

It’s already been reported that the Flat Earth Society was upset with Musk for the stunt they described as “a good car ad.” In a tweet—the society actually has a pretty good Twitter game—they stated: “people who believe that the Earth is a globe because ‘they saw a car in space on the Internet’ must be the new incarnation of ‘It's true, I saw it on TV!’ It's a poor argument.”

#5 2018-02-21 14:45:07

Houston, we have a problem. And it's the patriarchy.

#6 2018-02-21 15:24:52

I'm getting a little tired of all the whinging articles regarding rich boys with toys.

#7 2018-02-22 06:30:13

Baywolfe wrote:

I'm getting a little tired of all the whinging articles regarding rich boys with toys.

Wait for it, rockets to nowhere on your new Private Space Station holiday getaway. Swampland in low orbit!

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/charlesponzi.1909.png

Yes, Ponzi flogged the same hustle.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#8 2018-02-22 09:09:52

Baywolfe wrote:

Yeah, look at this Columbus guy. A third son from a forgotten island sucking at the public teat on his little adventuring schemes, putting lives in danger and for what? To sail into the sunset and never be heard from again? How does that convert more Jews, that's what I'm asking! Ferd and Issy should keep the money at home, not go throwing it away on wild-ass goose chases for rich adventurers.

Board footer

cruelery.com