• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Pope to Catholics: Shut up and pray to the god we made for you.

#1 2018-09-03 18:58:08

Because, we go nothing, except condemnation for our own Church hierarchy.

#2 2018-09-03 21:24:57

Baywolfe wrote:

Because, we go nothing, except condemnation for our own Church hierarchy.

Whomever is giving him advice (if anyone) is doing a horrible job. He can't overcome these charges with silence. The reason that there's a generations long scandal to begin with is because the church leadership has kept silent. If he doesn't change strategies, I think he's toast (which is clearly what some people in Rome are hoping for),

I can't guess at this point if Francis really has something to hide, or if his political enemies are setting him up in an attempt to take him out. But you can bet that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than we aren't privy to.

#3 2018-09-04 07:24:12

Hitch had these fuckers (among others) pegged.

Last edited by JetRx (2018-09-04 07:34:19)

#4 2018-09-04 09:48:20

#5 2018-09-04 14:42:21

What we're watching is a civil war take place in the church as the conservative core, which has lived a very comfortable existence on the backs of the world's peasants, is fighting back against Francis' attempts to liberalize. It will be interesting to see if he can survive this.

I think these guys (click the pic below) are like the Fox News (or worse) of Catholic media:

https://catholics4truth.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/pope-evil.png
~ click ~

(I'm not Catholic, BTW -- I'm a pagan, and I've long thought the Roman church was the world's oldest racket. But I somewhat fascinated by this stuff because it has all of the makings of the good spy story.)

#6 2018-09-04 16:52:14

Smudge wrote:

(I'm not Catholic, BTW -- I'm a pagan, and I've long thought the Roman church was the world's oldest racket. But I somewhat fascinated by this stuff because it has all of the makings of the good spy story.)

Or a least some Dan Brown novels / Tom Hanks movies.  Although in Angels & Demons the RCC wasn't pegged as the bad guy.  Go figure.

The Church has a lot of paid assassin organizations that they can comfortably disavow like The Catholic League.  I didn't really get this group until I realized how many of our uber-wealthy are either Catholic or donate that way.  The Vatican continues to say, "We're not behind these people" but they sure as hell don't shut them down either, which they could easily do with a threat of excommunication.

#7 2018-09-06 09:39:14

Baywolfe wrote:

The Church has a lot of paid assassin organizations that they can comfortably disavow like The Catholic League.

I had forgotten about them. Don't miss this gem from their advertising archive.

Edit: another and another nuggets from the wayback machine.

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2018-09-06 09:45:31)

#8 2018-09-06 11:52:28

Those people would gleefully cheer on the next inquisition.

#9 2018-09-06 13:12:19

......I can hear it now....."Sky yyy ...pilot..."....

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Pope to Catholics: Shut up and pray to the god we made for you.

Board footer

cruelery.com