#1 2019-02-13 21:23:00

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/rcadegoestowashington.jpg

~ click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2019-02-14 20:14:54

It's not easy living off base near a major metropolitan area if your pay number ends in a single digit, but it's usually worth the extra money. I grew up in the Navy and I've seen base housing for E6+ that would make welfare public housing look generous. Then every now and then you end up in a place where base housing is gorgeous and new, and it's usually somewhere really cheap to live. Never did figure out why it was like that. Probably because nobody ever used it.

#3 2019-02-16 05:26:50

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Then every now and then you end up in a place where base housing is gorgeous and new, and it's usually somewhere really cheap to live. Never did figure out why it was like that. Probably because nobody ever used it.

Sounds right.

Our live-in housekeeper/cook/childminder in late 50s Lima made $30 a month for a 6 day work week and I seldom saw my parents.

We weren't told her real name and every photo of her disappeared, no wondering why.

#4 2019-02-16 13:22:35

Welfare public housing IS generous.

#5 2019-02-16 18:47:05

My base housing was brand new and amazing, needless to say they shut down the LTA Base Tustin just a few years later and while waiting to auction it off everything, including the brand new elementary school went to rot.  I urban spelunked it a decade later and was heartsick the entire time.

(LTA = Lighter than Air, it started as a Blimp base and still has those amazing hangers.  It later was also known as MCAS(H) Tustin - which means Marine Corps Air Station (Helicopter) Tustin CA).  It eventually became part of the Political shill known as Irvine and still went to rot.  Google Earth will show you enough to make you sick for waste of tax dollars.

Board footer

cruelery.com