Announcement

The high-street.org domain name has expired, and will be going away soon. Please make sure your links and bookmarks point to the new domain, https://cruelery.com/.

#1 2020-09-15 15:51:00

That Drive The West:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar … le/615496/
https://anotherimg-dazedgroup.netdna-ssl.com/1386/azure/another-prod/350/4/354315.jpg

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2020-09-15 15:52:03)

Offline

 

#2 2020-09-15 16:16:07

I wish I could be a Sociologist and just make up theories to fit the data all day.

Offline

 

#3 2020-09-15 17:51:45

The church policy on marriage was Frank Herbert's inspiration for the Bene Gesserit breeding program. look where that got them.

Offline

 

#4 2020-09-15 21:19:05

sharpshin wrote:

The church policy on marriage was Frank Herbert's inspiration for the Bene Gesserit breeding program. look where that got them.

If you read Chapterhouse: Dune, it finally got them what they always desired.  A more mature universe.

Offline

 

#5 2020-09-15 22:25:43

Baywolfe wrote:

sharpshin wrote:

The church policy on marriage was Frank Herbert's inspiration for the Bene Gesserit breeding program. look where that got them.

If you read Chapterhouse: Dune, it finally got them what they always desired.  A more mature universe.

Nah , social engineers are never happy, they'd tweak it till it was wonky.

Last edited by sharpshin (2020-09-15 22:31:40)

Offline

 

#6 2020-09-16 18:26:49

sharpshin wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

sharpshin wrote:

The church policy on marriage was Frank Herbert's inspiration for the Bene Gesserit breeding program. look where that got them.

If you read Chapterhouse: Dune, it finally got them what they always desired.  A more mature universe.

Nah , social engineers are never happy, they'd tweak it till it was wonky.

In the end, they engineered themselves too.  A diaspora of BGs fled during the post-tyrant era only to return as more emotional, more violent, and non spice-addicted "whores", also called Honored Matres, who were masters at sexual imprinting males.  A clone of Duncan Idaho with some genetic modification was able to do the same thing to one of the whores named "Murbella" and they enslaved each other.  With her BG training and HM background and she became their best hope to merge the two groups together into the breeding program.  She ends up the new Mother Superior, with all the past BGs in her head, and the weight of the universe on her shoulders.

Meanwhile Duncan, a scion of the Atreides line named Sheeana, and a face dancer Master with a tube full of ghola cells of practically every fucking body from the first book head off in a No-Ship into a new, unknown part of the Universe.

Offline

 

#7 2020-09-17 00:08:41

Ok, we need a little clearing up here, your quite wrong about the roots of the Honored Matres, as Murbella’s learned exploring her past lives it was the Tleilax females revolting against 12k years of being raised only to be used as brain dead axlotal tanks that was the root, they did use some but not all of the Bene Gesserit sexual knowledge, along with the fish speakers military training.

Offline

 

#8 2020-09-17 14:37:34

Thanks for the clarification, I don't remember anything about that.  I just remember that the BGs thought that BGs scattered and their descendants came back as HMs.

Offline

 

Board footer

cruelery.com